PLANET ADND's VERY OWN REALM!

Discuss any non D&D roleplaying topics here.

Moderator: Stik

Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

PLANET ADND's VERY OWN REALM!

Post by Wizard_of_Wumbo »

Wise and gentle sages of planet adnd i am stricken with a foul disease, a condition which prevents me from creating a beautiful and life-filled campaign world for my favorite role-playing game: Dungeons & Dragons!

Whenever i wanted to Dungeon Master my own game of D&D i ran into a huge problem, i don't desire employ the use of an already established campaign setting for the sole reason that it requires lots of reading, knowledge of back-story and knit picking from the players (im looking at you swordsman) and don't get me wrong i like reading but still...So what i am left with is making my own setting, but sadly all i can do is come up with one big concept for the world...and...then...do nothing...about it.

So what i present to you all is an opportunity, take it if you wish, to assist me and our online community in creating a full (sort of) dungeons and dragons realm.

if you do wish to contribute there are a few guidelines

1. The realm is going to be a generic-medium magic-tolkieny type thing with no assigned edition, so there is no need to write up specific stats for NPCs or monsters, but if you will to do so- by all means go right ahead.

2. Most any idea is welcome. Towns, countries, ruins, forests, People, plots, gods, anything! But please, keep it serious.

3. Standard races and classes apply (3rd edition standard because it is the most commonly known, i love AD&D too)

And thats just about it, when there are enough ideas me and bryanttheswordsman (probably should inform him of that) will put together all of the ideas with minimum modifications just so that they fit together and then...i dont know...we will do something!

If anyone wishes to help with the assembly please PM me, its going to be a lot of work.

alright then everyone, ready...set...think!
indeed...<br>
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

I think this is great as well, a giant co-op realm build.

I also think one of the best ways to do this would be a wiki. Its something we can all edit and help mold. Anymore if you can use microsoft word you can use a wiki, because the interfaces are so similar.

The only tricky part would be a map.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

a wiki would be an awesome idea! i was thinking we could compile ideas and such here first though. Then put it all together in a wiki, but yes a map would be hard...im thinking there is going to have to be a person or group/pair of peeps who put together all of the towns, countries and such. Then creating the map with a pencil and some paper OR a computer program (i have one so....).

After a wiki is created it could be easily modified to contain new...stuff...Honestly my main goal by trying to start this is to create a realm that we could all pull from when we need one for a one-nighter or even a full campaign.

Also i mentioned before that ideas should be serious, that doesn't mean i dislike or dont appreciate some strange or even silly people or places it helps give the world life and realism! but just be mature and intelligent (i know you all are :) )
indeed...<br>
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

I think a pretty basic first place to start is a pantheon structure. Just the decision, are we open, or closed. If we are open, there is always the possibility of new gods or demigods that are discovered from other continents, or new cultures as they are added... or a new ascension. If it is closed, we have a set to begin with from the start.

If we do start with a set, I would recommend either going with something that we all already know from another realm, OR, we use some sort of symmetry for the purposes of ease of understanding and aesthetics.

I like the idea of a map too Wumbo.

BTW, if you are good at using the map making tool, I have a project I need you to do for me. PM me :)

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

im thinking that we should go with an open pantheon but with a set amount of main gods. If that doesn't make any sense allow me to elaborate, we could have a main group of gods that would be the most forefront and important, with plenty of room to add other demigods or newly ascended gods as well as gods from seperate cultures.

We could go a more generic route and use nameless gods, simply having gods that posses dominion over certain things, that way the specifics about the gods like name, looks and temples would be left up to the dungeon master.

for the former realm i suppose we should just use the standard pantheon (3rd ed standard, the 4th ed pantheon is rubbish and i dont know if 1st or second had a set pantheon)
indeed...<br>
Ismaels-Legacy
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

I think this topic may be better served in the Homebrewed Worlds section of the forum.
Iron-Fist Ismael
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

i didnt know we had one...
indeed...<br>
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

we already have a wiki too :) ... Use PADND's wiki for whatever you desire :)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

well then....
indeed...<br>
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

We all have talked about our parts, but now we have the support and materials required, we truly see how daunting the task is.
"The Gerbil of Andor and Alera"
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

quite daunting indeed! I have asked for help many times over the years to do a combined campaign world here on padnd and not to many people could post or submit useable material or even thoughts for that matter.

I Would love to see some homebrew campaign worlds developed on the site exclusively by our members. So ... once again, if you guys can drum up a team of workers, then I'll give you a special section of the site to work on such things like the P.R.E. forum etc. ;)

Someone just needs to organize the team and PM what they want or require and I'll do my best to help :)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons