are you a DND racist?

Discuss any non D&D roleplaying topics here.

Moderator: Stik

Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

are you a DND racist?

Post by Wizard_of_Wumbo »

i have met a lot of dnd players who are racist ( in a funny way) against one of the races. i think its funny to bag on made up people so what race do you hate on?

i dont like elves, those lame, wussy, longsword wielding bastards. i can stand drow and wood elves they are serious bad asses!!! but the other 15000 kinds suck!
indeed...<br>
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

punk ass gnomes and their big ass noses
"The Gerbil of Andor and Alera"
Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

Most of the guys in my group hate humans :P
The Kobold gonna kobold.
greenknight
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by greenknight »

For me, it depends on the race of the character I'm playing. Dwarves are particularly interesting in that regard. They tend to distrust any kind of Elf, and Orcs and Goblins are generally treated as bad guys. But if I play a Half-Orc, Dwarves and Elves are both high on the hit list, and Goblins are often pretty decent guys, although maybe a bit misguided if they attack my character. :lol:
Ismaels-Legacy
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Drow Elves. They're always "Ooooh, look at me! I'm all angsty, dual wielding my two scimitars! I'd better go HIDE FROM THE SUN!"

:P
Iron-Fist Ismael
Ghost_of_Rustigo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ghost_of_Rustigo »

Elves. Tolkien had a hard-on for elves, and it has infected them in every role-playing game ever since. Since elves have ~1000 years to build up levels, shouldn't there be uber-elves running around at level 90, crushing everything in their paths?

And halflings. They've never done anything important. They are a race waiting to be enslaved.
MEAT
Peasant
Peasant

Re: are you a DND racist?

Post by MEAT »

Wizard_of_Wumbo wrote:i have met a lot of dnd players who are racist ( in a funny way) against one of the races. i think its funny to bag on made up people so what race do you hate on?

i dont like elves, those lame, wussy, longsword wielding bastards. i can stand drow and wood elves they are serious bad asses!!! but the other 15000 kinds suck!
If you include a Rangers 'favored enemy' as a DnD raciest, then all of my rangers are such. As for myself, I hate Gnomes. I feel that they have no place in DnD with Dwarves and Hobbits already taking up the size S category.
Tempest
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Tempest »

I'm not real fond of half breeds. Any sort of half vampire, or whatever garbage tends to really irritate me.
Rblademaster
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Rblademaster »

I despise the small races, for there commen trade of being unapropriatly "funny". And how can't hate someting with "annoying" as a character trade, at least thats how most halfing and gnome players interpit them.

there is a reason we don't let children and midgets fight our battles, they have difficulty scaling obstacles of any kind and they DIE easy...
"...not touching that with a 25 foot collapsable pole..."
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

:cannon: :elf:
indeed...<br>
MarlonTayte
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MarlonTayte »

I have to agree on elves..... Ever since I started playing "The Two Towers/ Angband" as a dwarf I've always hated Elves......

I love the darf books by Markus Heitz, where he has the Elf race almost destroyed in the beginning and hunted down at the end :-)
Every revolution carries within the seeds of its own destruction
Athenius
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Athenius »

Racist? There are a few races I like to play, but I wouldnt say I dont like the others, I just dont play them. But I like killing off goblins and orcs by the score! Goblinkin are a violent and unruly mix of inbred uglies, to the pit with them all! That goes for anything that gets in my way. So I guess on occassion, I hate them all! :lol: :twisted:
jesuslovedhumor
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by jesuslovedhumor »

elves are pansies
"He surrendered? sorry, I didn't hear it; I was too busy chopping off his head."
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

Ghost_of_Rustigo wrote:And halflings. They've never done anything important. They are a race waiting to be enslaved.
except fot that whole take the ring to mount doom thing...:P
indeed...<br>
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

I would say I dislike elves the most. All elves, especially Drow Elves, perhaps because of my intense burning hatred for Drizzzzzt Do'Urden as a character, or rather as the huge gaping stoic-wannabe hole where a character should be.

And I hate Elves because they are most often played to emulate that kind of character, Peter Jackson didn't help on that front. And because too many people buy their clothes in the matrix and think that dexterity is how badass is bought, when everyone who is anyone knows the true "stunna" stat is Con.

Needless to say I love Dwarves. Never been a race so solid.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*