Share a D&D moment

Discuss any non D&D roleplaying topics here.

Moderator: Stik

Poll: So you like stories like this?

ROTFLMAO!
No votes
OMG my ribs hurt!
33%
Hell yeah, keep em coming!
67%
Huh? Stories what where?
No votes

Total votes: 9

LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Share a D&D moment

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

Hmmm, so many moments...

One I enjoyed very much was the group was in a series of caves and needed to rest. However one of the party was overzealous and opened up a door to...the lair of a Shadow Dragon. Now I was playing a Druid who had not been involved in the previous battle (usually wasn't being the healer) and before the SD had a chance to destroy the party; I started to ask it questions, mostly towards its ego. "Why are your scales such a pretty color?", "Do you have a lady dragon you're in love with?", etc, basically playing dumb blond with inane questions.

Next thing you know, the party was completely healed and powerful enough to kill the dragon. My little Druid wasn't such a "not useful except for healing" now; and all the treasure we got....Woo Hoo!!! :lol:
Long live the Witch Queen!!!
Billy_Buttcheese
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Share a D&D moment

Post by Billy_Buttcheese »

I was once a player in a pretty high-level campaign. I had a Ranger that was, I think, 14th level and there were about 6 other PCs all of a similar level. We were a pretty cocky bunch and had defeated most of the worst of the MM. Our DM was growing somewhat frustrated at providing us with new challenges. But he was a pretty good sport and so we started actually looking for bad asses to take on. On this particular adventure, we had descended into the underdark looking to wipeout this Drow city. We came upon a fairly large group of orcs guarding the entrance to some area we needed to get into. Naturally they started getting decimated and several of the shamans started praying loudly to Gruumsh. Our cleric, who was particularly arrogant (as well as clever and had a quick wit), cries out from the back of our party, "I've got GATE. Who do you want?"

It was almost a half hour before we caught our breath... :lol: