are you a DND racist?

Discuss any non D&D roleplaying topics here.

Moderator: Stik

Tempest
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Tempest »

Needless to say I love Dwarves. Never been a race so solid.
Friggen right.
billybones
Peasant
Peasant

Post by billybones »

Anything short :twisted:
goblincleaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by goblincleaver »

the only good orc is a dead one. how's that?
I'd have a witty signature too, if only I could think of one.
Rblademaster
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Rblademaster »

full orcs aren't playable races, and wanting something that has " evil" behind his name in the MM dead doesn't count as racism :P.

all is fair in love and war right
"...not touching that with a 25 foot collapsable pole..."
phindar
Freeman
Freeman

Post by phindar »

Orcs are playable (since 2e anyway), they're just not PHB races. (In 2e they were in the Humanoids Handbook, in 3+ they were an LA 0 race, and the rules for PC orcs are in the 4e MM.)
TastheKender
Peasant
Peasant

Post by TastheKender »

personally it depends on what I play, if I am playing a Dwarf I dislike elves and hate Orcs, Goblinoids, Giants, Drow, Drugar, Derro, and other subterranean races. If I am playing an elf I love poking fun at Dwarves, and depending on the species of elf there are other one example if I am playing a Drow all other races are my lesser and deserve no respect. if I am playing Kender I am not racist
"Why insult a door's purpose by locking it?"
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Wizard_of_Wumbo »

hmm...it looks as though some people may be missing my initial point. I myself dislike most elves and elf-type people. Most of my gamer freinds hate gnomes with a fiery passion.

So we want the info on YOU, the player, not your attitude to races during play but what race annoys the shit out of you every time you see them (Fantasy races, not actual races of people! keep those opinions to yourself plz)
indeed...<br>
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

RAWR ! ! ! ! ! ! I HATE GNOMES RAWR ! ! ! ! ! !

Like That?
"The Gerbil of Andor and Alera"
Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

Wizard_of_Wumbo wrote:hmm...it looks as though some people may be missing my initial point. I myself dislike most elves and elf-type people. Most of my gamer freinds hate gnomes with a fiery passion.

So we want the info on YOU, the player, not your attitude to races during play but what race annoys the shit out of you every time you see them (Fantasy races, not actual races of people! keep those opinions to yourself plz)
Depends on how they're played!

One DM made me really really hate Kenders. No offense Tas :lol:

Namely because they were ninja like thieves that took my stuff at every given chance, and got me into hot water whenever I chased them. They hang out in a titans pocket? Really? What the hell?
The Kobold gonna kobold.
Tempest
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Tempest »

I too had a dm that made me hate kenders. (Also, no offence tas) He was so good at annoying players that one particularly stressed out member of our party (from school and life) started crying and laughing at the same time.
Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

That must have made for one awkward session, yikes!

My current group would never have anything like that lol...sadly, my group is...kinda boring. I attack. Roll dice. I hit. Damage.

Although I did raise some laughs when I decided to read out my one self heal ability. Flavor text and all. Too bad it sounds...well...gay...

I use Unicorns Horn! My sword morphs into a shape of a Unicorn's Horn, and pulsates with holiness, rejuvinating you!

Yeah....that didn't turn out well :lol:
The Kobold gonna kobold.
Jenara
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Jenara »

I guess I'm the only one here who actually likes Elves?? No idea why cuz they are great, ok the level limits are a bit of a bugger (this is one thing I never understood, giving Humans all the breaks) unless you have a DM that lets you exceed these... usually by doubling XP needed.

If you end up with the player who wants to play a Bladesinger, then yeah thats an abuse, but you can't beat a well RP elf...

And Kenders are so much fun especially if you old school it (ie 1st ed) the pockets tables and generally stuff from DL adventures is worth its weight in gold.

I tend to dislike the humanoid races, orcs, half orcs etc, and Drizzt REALLY doesnt do it for me! Look at me with my two swords... (Your an Elf not a Manga Hero!!)

Lastly I hate Neogi (kind of space spider people) Jen was captured by them and she hates them with a passion.
"Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."
Rankhar_Zenthis
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Rankhar_Zenthis »

Yeah, I like Elves, they're cool! And I also don't like Drizzt either, that punk ass should have stayed in the underdark :lol:
I'm the same Jenara, the only races I don't like are the humanoid ones like Orcs, Minotaurs, half Orcs, etc.
A herring is never silly
Ismaels-Legacy
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Jen, the biggest difference between the elves you like and the standard D&D elf is that you're using Dragonlance elves and they are BAD A**! I'd take DL Elves over other DL races (Except maybe minotaurs) any day!
Iron-Fist Ismael
Jenara
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Jenara »

Ismaels-Legacy wrote:Jen, the biggest difference between the elves you like and the standard D&D elf is that you're using Dragonlance elves and they are BAD A**! I'd take DL Elves over other DL races (Except maybe minotaurs) any day!
The DL elves are great, but Silvanesti still only get +1 to Dex.

Jen is based on the Grey Elf from the Complete Book of Elves, Con is reduced along with str but you get better Dex and Int... (have you ever noticed how old TSR books smell? It always brings back memories!)