Polyhedron Dice

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Polyhedron Dice

Post by Brightmantle »

Hey guys and Gals Let's discuss every gamers favorite thing in the world. Let's talk Poly's!
What is your favorite brand of Dice? Do you like opaque or gems or gem blitz, or perhaps highly scribed customs like those of Q workshop? Do you buy dice off the shelf or have yours custom Made? Do you Like the heavy metals type made of Bronze or Steel or Titanium? I bought my wife a giant Jade d20. Yes they make dice of semi precious stones & It is sweet looking. Does anyone use precision dice in their games? They make some cool ones nowadays. I remember the real ugly ones bitd.
For the record: I like Chessex and I use both gems and opaques. I have 2 custom sets from Q workshop- Celtic dice and Dwarven dice. Like most gamers I have tons of sets of dice!
I just bought a set of Chessex -Bright Blue gems & silver Velvet . I love to roll them bones.

Do you use a dice bag? I have one with a Human skull on it that when filled takes on the actual shape of a skull too. I just bought the wife a purple velvet one larger than a Crown Royal bag. My wife sews dice bags for fun. We have so many dice we have multiple dice bags to hold em all!
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Polyhedron Dice

Post by Crasez58 »

Brightmantle wrote:Hey guys and Gals Let's discuss every gamers favorite thing in the world. Let's talk Poly's!
What is your favorite brand of Dice? Do you like opaque or gems or gem blitz, or perhaps highly scribed customs like those of Q workshop? Do you buy dice off the shelf or have yours custom Made? Do you Like the heavy metals type made of Bronze or Steel or Titanium? I bought my wife a giant Jade d20. Yes they make dice of semi precious stones & It is sweet looking. Does anyone use precision dice in their games? They make some cool ones nowadays. I remember the real ugly ones bitd.
For the record: I like Chessex and I use both gems and opaques. I have 2 custom sets from Q workshop- Celtic dice and Dwarven dice. Like most gamers I have tons of sets of dice!
I just bought a set of Chessex -Bright Blue gems & silver Velvet . I love to roll them bones.

Do you use a dice bag? I have one with a Human skull on it that when filled takes on the actual shape of a skull too. I just bought the wife a purple velvet one larger than a Crown Royal bag. My wife sews dice bags for fun. We have so many dice we have multiple dice bags to hold em all!
my favorite brand are Chessex opaques i have a set of orange with green flakes. Dice bag For the longest time I used a crown royal bag but now i have started using a tackle box(yes I'm a redneck). Watch those semi precious stone dice they can chip easily. Im not a huge fan of metal dice as they are to heavy and don't seem to roll as well as lighter plastic dice. My favorite dice though are the first set i got the ones that came with the 3.0 starter set I've used them for years.
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
Roxoff
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 3.5E

Post by Roxoff »

I haven't bought any new dice for myself for 20 years. I bought some for the woman who is now my wife, but that was 10 years ago. You can never have too many dice, but you can have enough to fill your dice tub and a few spares.
Map tools and Character Diaries...
http://www.immortalgeek.com
eliana
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 3rd Edition

Post by eliana »

I must be cheap... I still have my dad's classsic sets... the ones you needed to put colored wax on to see clearly the numbers.
I also picked up various left overs after years of gaming and collected seveval (almost)complete sets.

So I have a strange assortment of dices, among them a very large number of abused D6 and also D10 than I never use.
Two sets are original ad&d, two are transparents and the others are from unknown sources...

Éli,
:hang:
Raised into Darkness, Awaken by Evil.
doomer
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by doomer »

I have a d20 that glows in the dark. One of my players nicknamed it "glowbot". I still have fond memories of my players pleading to glowbot to save them. I smile every time I use it. My13-year old thinks I'm nuts.
--Doomer
"Trying is the first step in failure"-Homer Simpson
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

doomer wrote:I have a d20 that glows in the dark. One of my players nicknamed it "glowbot". I still have fond memories of my players pleading to glowbot to save them. I smile every time I use it. My13-year old thinks I'm nuts.
I saw one that was led light illuminated: It shines like a red strobe light when a 20 is rolled. Sweet sauce!
I just bought my son a Pearl set. They are literally pearlesant white with black numbers. They just look bawse.
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Stik »

I don't have a preference as to brand - most of my sets have been bought piecemeal over the yeas, and are kept in a satin dice pouch an old girlfriend made for me.
I do own a set of hematite dice, and a chainmail dice pouch as well.
"No matter where you go, there you are."