Where Are You?

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Where Are You?

Post by Cole »

Holy shite!

I haven't seen anyone on here lately? Did everyone die and now I'm in a zombie Apocalypse or something?

Earth to other Humans... ello? :)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Shao Khan
Freeman
Freeman

Re: Where Are You?

Post by Shao Khan »

Let me look around.
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

There's this loud mouthed grognard traipsing around here ultra posting and causing a stir. Wait no, that's me. :D
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Ahh good to see some fellow Humans alive! :) What's everyone been up to this new year?
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Let's see, I'm new here but:
This year I have been doing alot of gaming. Ad&d and I tried Pathfinder
I have been buying alot of miniatures, Reapers and some awesome figures from DarkSword miniatures. DarkSword does all the Master series for tsr era artists. So you can buy Elmore, Easley, Parkinson,and Caldwell figures as well as the personalities from Song of Fire and Ice.
Went and saw 47 Ronin
I've been working on my car, a 1968 Chevelle. She's my labor of love.
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

Does falling on a cliff face ledge, or driving down a primitive road off a mesa and along a cliff face, count towards being busy? :D
Long live the Witch Queen!!!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Brightmantle wrote:I've been working on my car, a 1968 Chevelle. She's my labor of love.
Hey FINALLY someone on here with my own passion ;)

Here is my toy, doing some body work on it very soon again and preparing it for the show this summer :up:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Colnando

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqq0M_clQp0[/youtube]

Come for a ride with me (took my 17 year old buddy for his first ride in a real car ... I think he had fun)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgZ8RBuZ98[/youtube]
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Sounds throaty for sure. That kids voice was crackling in fear too. Funny stuff.
You do resto's for a living Cole? btw I'd take a Cougar over a Mustang any day.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Cheers! :up:

Yes, I do restorations on cars in all manners. Mostly engine work, electrical, body and part restoration. I've been daring to try paint, as I have all the goodies, but I currently have my cat in the shop getting some cancer removed from the rear quarters. They looked fine to the untrained eye, but I spotted some pimples and it turned out to be quite bad, so out they came and new sheet metal is going in as we speak. $5000.00 later and I have new rears and new lower door skins and trunk lid. Not cheep for a professional job. However, bondo free is the result ;)

Yes, I've had my share of stangs and consider them ... well.... no so cool. Nobody looks at them when they drive by, but EVERYONE stares at the cat :D
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

I get offers to buy the Chevelle all the time. People leave cards on the windshield, and even come a knocking trying to get me to sell her. The local police know me very well and the Sutter Co. Sheriff deputy asked me if he could have first dibs on her if ever I decide to sell it. I built her "Rachelle" with my dad before he died of cancer in 09'. There's no way I'd ever let her go. The car's a local 1/4 mile legend, hence the cops know her. ...uh oops!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Sweet! That's a great story bud :)

I'm a car enthusiast by heart, I love all types, makes and models. Hang onto it! Trust me :)

I sold my first XR7 when I was 21 and regretted it for 17 years. I didn't think I would ever get one back. Finally one day I asked my wife if she would mind if I bought one for me and my son to work on when he gets older. She said OK. Then the search began, after 2 years of constant searching north america, I found this one... it's not just any old 67-Cougar. It's an XR7 and it's not just any old XR7, it has the rare Leather Buckets, the rare air conditioning and the ultra rare tilt-away column. But what makes it super cool... is the fact it is the ONLY one with that paint code and those options. Thus it's unique ;) I have a marty report to prove it. :up:

On top of this I wanted one that was in great shape, trying to find a 40+ year old car that has no damage, straight frame and little rust was next to impossible. This cat was in storage for over 5 years in a barn in Washington State, which was purchased from a guy in Florida where he stored it for 20 years in a heated garage. Before that it was originally from San Jose cali. The only reason I believe these statements that were told to me, was the fact that the car was mint inside and had very little rust on it at all.

It's a resto mod now though :) Not original motor or tranny. I'm not one for original components :down:

Love that you named your car "Rachelle" :up: a great name!

We are still thinking on a name for my cat. I think I'll let my boy name it once he inherits it :D