Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Labyrinth of Madness!!!

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
chris107
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Labyrinth of Madness!!!

Post by chris107 »

Thank you, Tristen! Probably something simple and likely human but very much dependent on what I roll. Maybe a Priest of some kind? Or a Warrior?
Where do I shake the dice?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Unseen Servant will be used for all player rolls, and linked to the relevant posts. Unseen servant Campaign id is 1035. I use the same for the vast majority of DM rolls.
There is a step-by-step guide to setting up a profile and joining a campaign HERE

You can use the Purple Worm site (free and legal) for the official 2e PHB, DMG, and complete (insert race or class) books here, as well as Tome of Magic.

For the stat rolls there are 2 options. Because of an issue during character creation i'm allowing players to roll using each of the 2 methods, and then choose the rolls set they prefer. Details are in the character creation thread and rules thread in the game forum.

The group currently does not have a fighter or a thief, but feel free to choose any class you wish.
chris107
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chris107 »

Hmmmm I can’t seem to find none human level limits in the PHB. Can anyone help please?
chris107
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chris107 »

Jack o’ Shadows.
Human Thief (19th)
S14
IQ15
W15
D16
Co16
Ch7
Concept. Hideous to look upon, Jack’s grotesque form masks a shrewd intellect and kindly disposition. Forced to operate from the shadows to avoid frightening young children he has become a master of them…
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

chris107 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:16 pm Hmmmm I can’t seem to find none human level limits in the PHB. Can anyone help please?
Humans don't have level limits. But level limits are found in the DMG, not the PHB.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jaded os right, there are no level limits for humans in 2e.
Actually, for this campaign we're not using level limits at all for any race (partly because of the difficulty, and it is a one-shot).

Jack o' Shadows, nice! Does he dance? (Sorry, bad WoT reference)

I have a private thread for you here where we can continue character creation.
viewtopic.php?p=122587#p122587

Unseen servant can take a minute to get the hang of. You can actually put up to 6 rolls in the same command line and with descriptors, like
"initiative, hit one, hit 2, damage1, damage2 [1d10],[1d20],[1d20],[1d8+1],[1d4]"
looks like you discovered the "keep highest" command.

Stats look pretty good :) I'll go ahead and put a copy of the work so far in the private thread
Dark Omen 67
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Dark Omen 67 »

Good Evening Tristen,

IF you have room for one more, I began my gaming back at the end of the first edition and early second edition era. When I was deployed to Desert Shield, we used stopwatches for dice back then.

Can I also get a roster of what classes are in the group? I usually strive to cover down on shortages.

And finally, Oriental Adventures concepts are ok?

[3d4]=5
[3d4]=6
[3d4]=10
[3d4]=8
[3d4]=5
[3d4]=9

5, 6,10,8,5,9

+28 pts
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 9, Wis 9, Cha 8
Last edited by Dark Omen 67 on Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon inside a teddy bear
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Welcome! Yes, we still have some room :) I started back in the 2e days, myself, but have played some 1e.
I have a lot of respect for those who sacrifice so much to protect our country.

As for the game, right now we have:
-Athasian Halfling necromancer Priest (with some undead cannon fodder)
-A human necromancer Mage (more into all the other spells than the animation side)
-A half-elf Mage Cleric
-A Dwarven Psionicist
-A Human rogue

Oriental Adventures concepts are fine, though portions may be adjusted to 2e if they don't already have a 2e version.

I added you to the forum permissions for the LoM game so you should be able to see and post in the ooc and character creation area.

I'll go ahead and create a private thread shortly for you to work the character creation in.
Rainshadow
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rainshadow »

Hello. I saw the game ad on Dragonsfoot. Could you use one more? I'm considering an assassin or a cleric/assassin, but I'm open to suggestions. : )
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I think we can squeeze in one more.
Hmm... well in 2e there is an Assassin thief kit. Of course the deity/ethos for the Cleric class would have to be accepting of such behavior, but it's possible.

And then, of course, there is the Complete book of Ninjas, which has many options for such things.

What race were you leaning towards?
Rainshadow
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rainshadow »

Honestly, now that I look at the list of characters, I think I want to play a barbarian.
For the race: a human.

I'll wait to hear if barbarian is okay--and I'm very rusty on my 2e, I'm more 1e, so be gentle!

But I can get the stats rolled regardless.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

No worries at all, happy to help

Oh yeah, Barbarian is no problem. There are a couple of different ways to go about it in 2e, probably the easiest being taking either the Barbarian or Berserker Fighter kit from Complete Fighter. Let me know if either of these is what you had in mind. There are also Barbarian/Berserker priest kits in Complete Priest.

Mostly the Barbarian kit is for flavor, with a few restrictions. The Berserker kit is built more around Raging.
[both Req 15 str, both get a beneficial reaction adjustment in certain instances, and Endurance NWP free]

Main differences being:
-the barbarian has some weapon prof he is required to take (axe and bastard sword)

-the Berserker can 'Go Berserk" (i.e. like Rage) but it takes 10 mins to amp up for. so if he knows a fight is coming he can prep ahead of time and then effectively 'pull the trigger' when combat begins.
Berserk gives him +1 to hit, +3 to dmg, +5 temp hps
When Berserk he is immune to: charm, friends, hypnotism, sleep, irritation, ray of enfeeblement, command, entrhall, and some others, with bonuses to save against even more spells.
Must attack nearest enemy and keep fighting until all enemies are down.
There is more in the Complete Fighter book

Being Berserk and coming out of Berserk mode has all kinds of side effects to balance all this of course.

Berserk Priest can rage with 5 rounds of prep instead of 10
Rainshadow
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rainshadow »

Considering a berserker... I'll examine that and update in a bit!
Rainshadow
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rainshadow »

Yeah, after looking, I'm favoring Barbarian/Berserker Priest