Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Chris1234 »

"We will start there, yes, Mira," agrees Jerry as she heads to the door intending to go start the lair-hunt there. "Merrick, totally happy if you chip in with any other ideas. You know the area so much better than me!"
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

Having inexplicably bought a round of drinks for the house, Esker downs the last of his flagon, "OK, my belly's full and my sheath will soon be empty. Let's go make nightwalker rest in pieces."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry looks stoic as she heads for the door.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

While tracking Pyros will be on the lookout for a market for the garlic. Also a Bowyer or whoever would make slings.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira takes a look at the drink before her, the simple glass of Cider instead of the Red she had preferred, she couldn't explain why, but she didnt have a taste for it anymore.

"Sure." She downs the glass, "I have no spells left." She whispers to Jerry as she approaches, checking her sword she also checks the silver dagger is still in place.

"I am lead by you, on this." Karl decides. "I have no knowledge."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"We're looking for a lair. Not for a kill, Mira," Jerry answers honestly.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: Interior: (Karl, Mira, Pyros, Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick, Cross, Esker, Iscind, Gregor)

The group finishes their drinks and heads out into the street. The day had gradually grown overcast and the chill had deepened despite the mid afternoon hour. The streets were somewhat sparsely populated by locals, many of which cast curious glances at the large and diverse group. The cobblestone road passing the inn rises steeply as they make their way up, and those not used to such trekking find themselves just the slightest bit out of breath before the terrain levels off.

Now in what is colloquially known as 'The Hill' it becomes noticeable that the buildings are slightly more elaborate and well structured. Intricate carvings and moldings adorn the doors and windows, a finer quality of materials are employed in their construction, and in-general the streets and lawns are in a better state of repair. The road opens up to a wide intersection where 5 paths come together.

Following the road south-east a few hundred yards, the party comes to the T-shaped intersection where the trail went cold. At one corner of the intersection stands an imposing and well-cared for building Mira and some others recognize as the "Grand Hall of Song and Dance". The front of the structure (facing South) is lined with redstone columns carved with depictions of men and women playing various instruments up the entire length. At the ends green malachite makes up the caps and bases, gilded in spots to resemble leaves. It is three stories high with a multi-peaked roof and tall narrow windows on the upper floors.

Dozens of locals of all ages mill about the area, talking and watching; and the party draws no few eyes from the crowd. The sounds of music with varying degrees of skill can be heard faintly coming from the building itself.

Fenrir shifts from foot to foot on Cross' shoulder, then begins to spread his wings. After a few test-flaps he takes to the air, spiraling into the sky to light atop one of the highest

====
From the 5-points intersection

-The road North leads directly to the Old Kartakan Inn [1 on the map],

-The path to the NorthEast leads to a quite long and non-descript looking Warehouse with many carts around it [3]
behind this building, on a natural rock formation jutting from the cliff-side stands a large Clock Tower [2], which has a swinging bridge running from a door halfway up the side of the tower to the warehouse.

-The path South leads to even more luxurious neighborhoods where cultured gardens and fine Mansions of the well-to-do can be seen

-The path West leads back to the Broken Wheel [BW]

-The path SouthEast leads directly past the Grand Hall of Song and Dance [GH]

Tall guard-towers stand atop the high redstone cliff face along the Eastern edge of the city

A massive keep perches atop the cliff face at the far SouthEast edge of town, visible from everywhere. IT hunches over like some omnious great stone ominous guardian... or predator...

=========
link to the map
viewtopic.php?p=96901#p96901
descriptions of the places in the list below that link

Location 3 doesn't have an entry because nobody in the party has been there or heard anything about it.
Locations 2 and 4 have vague descriptions because they are visible from most areas in town, even though nobody has been there
Other unmarked areas of potential interest may have been roughly described here or in the past...

For scale, the distance between the "Broken Wheel" and the edge of the 5 points intersection is about 200 yards. Similar distance between the "Grand Hall" and the intersection.

The blue dot below indicates the Party's current position at the Grand Hall of Song and Dance
Attachments
skald party loc.png
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Chris1234 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:19 pm "We're looking for a lair. Not for a kill, Mira," Jerry answers honestly.
"I was looking for some Berries... not to be attacked." She replies in Common, "In this Land, it pays to be prepared. And these newcomers need to learn, not to rock the boat..." She answers as they walk.

"Shall we go to the Grand Hall first, its where she was staying and I don't know... Maybe there might be a clue there. I could probably get to see where she was staying..." She explains to everyone.

Karl keeps his eyes vigilant on the road, the keep... that left him with a faint sense of worry, like the first time he looked upon the walls of the High Clerists Tower...
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thanks, Mira," replies Jerry gently. "I understand and you're right." She stays close to Mira and hustles Merrick along with her.
Darithe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

Glad to be out in the fresh air, she follows quietly, observing all, as was her nature. She didn't understand the voices around her but she did understand their tenor. A small determined figure she lets those more knowledgeable about this place determine their pace and destination.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

As the group approach the Great Hall Jerry looks around intently, relaxed, letting her training direct her subconscious to inform her of vampire indicators.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros tags along, with his eyes wide.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The language is close to Elven, the musical way it rises and falls." She explains to Iscind and Esker, "Listen for words you know, one or two will stick out." She adds as she takes the lead, hoping she was still accepted.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As the group approaches, there seems to be a bit of a conversational buzz among the locals. One of them recognizes Mira and moves over. Though she isn't yet sure of the name, the young man's face seems familiar to the bard...

Oh! Have you come for the memorial? He asks
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Int check to know who he is: Simple [1d20]=5 Very good pass).

"Of course." She answers, assuming that if he knows her, he is referring to a Memorial for Laisa. "How long till it begins?" She asks softly.

Borderlands 3 - Navi