Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Nocturno »

Pretty disappointed Pyros perks up at the sound of adventure.

Already forgetting he was in the jaws of a Monster not long ago.

"Then we could go see Haldrake. Let him know he has to cover breakfast service too now."
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Gregor nods in recognition of Cross' observation. Trail looks to be cold from here dontcha think? Might be best if we head back to the rest and fill them in. Less someone wants to try talking to them inside. Gregor takes a tentative step back towards the inn but waits to see what the rest decide.
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

"Aye, the trail is cold and so am I," Esker remarks looking back to his companions, "And my harpsichord lessons, can wait till another day. Let's return to the inn and inform the others of what we've found. Drinks are on Iscind."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Watching both her friends and Del leave Mira sighs and takes a seat once more, her thoughts somewhat lost as she waits for everyone to return. She was more scared that she dared to admit right now, she had no spells and they planned to take some creature down...

(What time is it, and can Mira rest to regain at least some of her spells?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Upper Skald: Outside the Grand Hall: (Cross, Esker, Iscind, Gregor)
The four agree they have followed the trail as far as they can for now and return to the Broken Wheel, following the cobblestone roads rather than cutting through the back yards. In short order they arrive, noting the absence of Del and of the pair of violet-eyed locals who knew the victim...

The Broken Wheel: Interior: (Karl, Mira, Pyros, Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick)
Just as Jerry is about to set out in search of the trackers, they return to the inn. Ah, perfect timing. Merrick says, Were you four able to find anything?

Elsa addresses Pyros' question. We can probably head there in a few minutes. What do you think Mira?

[The time is mid-afternoon]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Sure. I could do that. I do need to rest and get some damn spells back.. I feel a little powerless right now." She sighs and waits for the others to reply on what they found.

Karl stands ready to walk with the Kender, reminding himself to check his pockets before they depart.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Darithe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Darithe »

A bit frustrated at the cold trail, Iscind joins the others in returning to the tavern and in response to Merrick's question, "We did detect two sets of tracks, one following the other, though the two did not travel together. I think one stalked the other and the trail ran cold once we reached some kind of musical instructor. And then Esker said we should return here to relay the info and he has graciously offered to buy a round of drinks for all." She then moves to take a seat waving for a flagon.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Sounds great! Let's have that drink, and I can fill you in on what we found, as we head to the next clue!"

Pyros will insert himself like a dirty shirt.

At Mira's request, he will open up the pocket he usually finds the newest trinkets in, and sees if anyone is interested.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Karl was reminding HIMSELF to check his own pockets, he is around a Kender after all, I'm surprised its not in the Measure somewhere, Thou shall always check ones pockets before and after meeting a Kender. )

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That's the Grand Hall of Song and Dance, Daisa had friends there.." She fights off another dark thought closing her eyes. "She would have been leaving there most likely to come and see me play. So, It forgive me Jerry, but It followed her from there?" Mira asks, unsure if she has the direction right? "She was found here, at the Inn yes?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

(Either way the Kender will take the hint, as the Knight pats himself down)

"Sorry if these are yours." He will put items on the table.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: Interior: (Karl, Mira, Pyros, Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick, Cross, Esker, Iscind, Gregor)

Cross nods along as Iscind explains the tracking efforts and chuckles at her indication Esker was buying the first round.

Elsa seems thoughful a moment, That's right, Azi and Airand did say she had gone to the Grand Hall to look for them first.

Merrick chimes in as well, Yes, but now that we know it followed her all the way from there to here... perhaps that means it was hunting in that area... Could that mean it's lair is somewhere nearby?

Pyros digs through his pouches and finds a few new odds and ends, including a warm-looking left handed glove [Esker], a small vial of perfume [iscind], and a single ivory die (???)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

If no one collects the die quickly, he will snap that back up.
Darithe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

Iscind gives the kender a steady look before retrieving her perfume. She dabs a bit on her neck before replacing it back in her pack.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"It's alright, Mira. We can start looking for it near the Grand Hall of Song and Dance," replies Jerry. "Remember, we're only looking for its lair now; not necessarily intending to despatch it right now."

When Pyros puts things on the table Jerry asks, "You said you'd go seek some garlic from somewhere (other than me, of course). How did that go? And where did you 'find' the die?"

She nods at Merrick's comments, "Yes, that settles it. I'm going to start looking around the Grand Hall. I'm ready to go now," and starts to stand up.