Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry collects whatever coin or rewards are coming her way and spends time, long hours if need be, making paper towards manufacturing a new spellbook.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira walks to the bar, expectantly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Since Jerry asked about loot they need to sell off/etc we can say the group gave her the stuff to pawn before the half-elves peeled away]

Jerry and Merrick continue on to...
The Glass Eye: Jerry and Merrick
The door opens to the tinkling of a bell on a curled piece of iron overhead. The shop is packed with various cases and stands bearing jewelry of every quality from cheap baubles to an elegant sapphire-riddled diamond necklace on a bust shelved high behind the main counter. Trinkets, antiques, old books and curiosities of nearly every sort can be found.

A balding middle aged man studies a small yellow gem behind the nearby counter. A a brown satin curtain stands behind him, leading to what might be a stock area. He wears a brown corduroy waistcoat with a fine gold chain leading from one button hole to a small pocket. The coat fits snugly over his modest pot-belly and a well-made white shirt. He takes the jewler's glass away from his eye and fits a pair of half-frame spectacles onto his nose.

Catching sight of his patrons, he changes smoothly to Elven, though it is that tone-deaf version that most from this strange land seem to have adopted. Ah, my friends! Welcome back to The Glass Eye. He says in a cheerful voice. Suddenly he seems to realize they are dripping soaking wet. Oh my! The storm really is coming in, isn't it! Stand right there, here, i will find something... Disappearing into the back for a moment he returns with two stout blankets, wrapping them each over the shoulders with no further preamble. You must sit! here, um... he steers them away from a particularly ornate needlepoint chair and quickly fetches two basic wooden seats with inconsistent finishing. I need to have fern refinish these later anyways. he confides. What brings you out on such a night?! Dreadful weather. I have some tea warming, don't worry.

[The saleable party loot right now amounts to 12 bloodstones the size of raven's eggs, an onyx raven statue, and a statue of a wolf]

The Old Kartakann Inn: Mira, Sir Karl and Elsa
Pushing through the curtain, Mira leads her companions into the dimly lit bar area. The majority of the eastern half of the room is taken up with a sunken area that contains the bar and several tables. A wide variety of bottles and glasses stand on a heavy shelves against the wall behind it, readily available to the barkeep. Beside the bar but above the sunken area stands a wide door that appears to lead to the drive where coaches unload their passengers.

The western wall of the room is composed of a long row of dark brown curtains screening off three alcoves. The curtains covering each of the alcoves hang open, revealing a round tables and several stout chairs. The curtains appear so thick that they would make it nearly impossible to overhear the discussions beyond when closed.

Several patrons are about, even at this hour, though some seem clearly to have come in simply to avoid the storm. The bartender, a swarthy man the size of a door frame, speaks briefly to a willow-thin blonde woman with strikingly elegant features and manner about her. As they finish, she turns away from him and begins to move towards the entrance. Mira and Elsa immediately recognize the elven woman as the beauty who they met when searching for Pyros at the inn. Coraline pauses as she finds them in the entryway. She gives a small curtsy, which makes Elsa blush. She nods to the bard, with a small smile and extends her hand fingertips down to the knight.

Once the greetings are done she frowns as if taking in their current state for the first time. My, my... it must be frightful outside. Haldrake, her voice, like silver bells doesn't rise in the least as she calls the barman, but the sound glides easily past the dull murmur of the tavern like the parting of a silken curtain. The bartender looks up and the Elven woman addresses him. You have guests that need attention, lest they catch a chill. Turning her smile back to Elsa, we mustn't have that.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry nods at the greeting, "Yeah, this storm's a bit much."... "Thank you for the blankets. And yes, please, tea sounds nice."

When the balding fellow returns with tea Jerry asks, "Would you be interested in buying some things we've recovered?" She shows him a bloodstone, the raven statue and the wolf statue.

======
OOC: Just checking - none of these detected as magical, correct? And none bore writing now contained any secret or hidden compartments?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Coraline." Mira lowers her head, speaking in Elven, "Sir Karl, this is Coraline." She adds, remaining in Elven, knowing the Knight understood.

"My Lady." He bows hand on his chest.

"We have just returned, I was looking for something warm, and wondered if Sabrina might be working?" She hadn't noticed her appearance till now as she quickly fusses her hair. What would Sabrina think?

"The Weather is somewhat, lacking." Karl explains, remaining in Elven, he didnt know what she had said but he understood what she was trying to say.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Correct, they did not indicate as magical and have no writings or symbols on them.]

Chales replaces his spectacles and takes each of the items in turn to glance at. Ah, well... hmm, these red egg-shaped gems are becoming much more frequent. Here I havent seen any in some time and now you've a dozen in one trip. Hmm.. the statue and figurine seem well made. Let me get my lense. he sets the items on a black cloth on the nearby counter and retrieves the jewler's glass from his waistocat attached to a fine chain.

After a few moments the kettle whistles and he steps away to pour and deliver them tea. As they warm their hands he concludes his examination. Well, a nice little haul I should say. I can offer you 100 gold for the eggs, probably... 350
for the Raven and 450 for the wolf. Of course the stones themselves are more portable than a certain sum of gold, haha.
he muses.

Sir Karl. Caroline says with a silky smoothness, I'm utterly charmed. Her curtsy matches Karl's bow exactly in tempo and depth. The elven woman's eyes linger on his only a breath longer. From the side one of the patrons seems to have been conscripted into bringing over a pair of blankets for the women. Caroline crinkles her nose slightly at the worn blankets but they appear clean enough.

Coraline sets the blankets about the women's shoulders herself, with a gentle squeeze. Well, something warm could mean many things. she smiles warmly. If you prefer a meal and tea, which i certainly recommend in your current state, I'm sure we can accomodate you. A slender elven finger taps her cheek in thought, beside pursed lips. She considers their soggy and blanketed state. I presume some discretion is preferable. If you would like to use one of the alcoves here, she gestures to the curtained alcoves, I can have a server from the dining area take your order. And I will have a message taken to Sabrina that you are here.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The Pleasure is all mine I assure you. And yes, that would be most appreciated, thank you. A Meal and tea would be more than we could ask for." Karl explains as he helps the two ladies into the Alcove (The innuendo appears quite lost on him). "Anything you could do to accommodate us would be welcome."

Mira parts the curtain, allowing Elsa to enter first, glad of the blanket and wishing she hadn't chose to wear white, "Thank you Coraline, I do appreciate the help."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

After settling into the booth another blanket is brought for Sir Karl and a few minutes later a different server comes to provide a vessel of piping hot tea, cups, milk and honey. Elsa prepares hers with a generous dollop of honey and a splash of milk.

As the drink and comfort begin to eke the chill away, another server comes from the dining area to take their orders. A variety of entrees are available, including ham, mutton, stewed or roasted root vegetables, and greens. The selections are all hearty and prepared with a thoughtful and complex blend of spices. One of the main themes seems to be a variety of options for Stuffed beets.

Once the orders are taken the group waits a little longer when a familiar face appears. The youthful blonde's genuine smile slips a little at their current state. Oh no! You were caught in the storm! Well at least they got you something to dry off with!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira dries her hair gently while Karl prepares her some tea, he motions to each and she nods at the milk but shakes her head at the Honey, "I am sweet enough thank you." she titters and takes the cup, nursing it in her hands while the Knight Prepares his own.

"This, I have to admit is not something I am used to, tea is not shall we say readily available in the middle of a war." He speaks, unsure of the correct topic of Conversation, Mira he realised did not wish to return home..

Mira eats slowly, picking at the food she keeps glancing at curtain until Sabrina appears, her own face lighting up (and flushing slightly so her skin matches her hair) "Yes, it was my fault, I.. I wanted to let you know we were back and.." she flushes, tapping the space next to her hopefully.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sabrina leans down and gives the bard a friendly hug but doesn't take a seat. Oh silly. Well I'm glad you're back! Ooh! are you all staying here tonight?!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm glad I am back too.." Deciding not to explain anything of what happened she gives the girl a warm smile and returns the hug, "I would have but I went to the The Broken Wheel and offered to play tonight. A Girl has to keep her reputation you see.." She flushes and gives a little cough, hiding under her damp hair she speaks in a quiet voice. "Would, you come and watch me play, and umm.. stay?"

Karl turns to Elsa, chatting softly. "So, do tell me more of your Goddess." He asks conversationally.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The waitress smirks a little, Your only risk is getting too much of a reputation. The young woman blushes a little despite herself but seemingly changes the subject. Why some have even said there is a connection between you and the recent murders. But I know that couldn't be true. Why if you had even been in Skald the last few days you would surely at least have popped in here... for supper... or a little... wine... Sabrina suggests in a somewhat hesitant and artless fashion.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can say I was definitely not in town..we arrived here this very night and I came almost directly to see you." She folds her hand over the girls wrist. "Wine was defiantly on my mind.. more than I should admit.. Murders? That doesn't sound good at all." She shudders as much from that thought as the chill and then flushes again as she realises the implications behind her words, the Girl was defending her! It was very sweet indeed.

"Oh Sabrina, this is Sir Karl, he came to our aid recently." She states almost as an afterthought.

"Good Lady." The Knight inclines his head respectfully, it was not his place to pry into the affairs of others, instead he waits on her reply, giving Elsa a brief look.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(with the 12 eggs and the 2 statuets, the total would come to 2,000 gp. Let me know if Jerry wants to sell it all or keep anything. The eggs can be considered 100gp gems as well which might be easily divisible for the party and more portable than a bunch of coin. Or she could trade for smaller gems)

Oh they say it was truly horrible! One girl was torn nearly to pieces! I'm afraid to go out at night, anymore. And no blood anywhere... in fact, there has been rumor that the victims all resemble each other...

She pats Mira's hands, folding them in hers. Of course I'll come! It will be so much fun, I adore your music! I have to work for another hour, but that will give you time to dry off and eat without rushing.

Sabrina smiles and curtsies when she is introduced to Karl. Behind her hand she mouths the word cute! to Mira.

Elsa snaps out of her food-driven focus. Sorry, the beets are really something! the pretty priestess says, a stain of red at the corner of her mouth eerily similar to smeared blood. I'm a devout follower of the goddess of Murder. she says in common so the local's wont understand. Incidently, you've both been poisoned. she announces as she bites into a mutton-stuffed beet with a giggle.

(Sorry, I initially missed that he had asked Elsa about her faith)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Reminding herself to ask later what they all looked like (and hoping they weren't buxom red-heads) She squeezes the Girls hand tightly. "Then you won't mind sharing we me again? Just to keep you safe." she asks with a slight hint of shakiness to her voice, "Karl will protect us on the way back, he's a Knight after all." Giving him an appraising look, she had to agree with the Girl, but his heart was elsewhere, still no harm in looking.

"You'll have to tell me your favourite, and I will dedicate it to you." She adds with a slight smirk, grinning at Elsa's words.

"Now, that isn't true, and you know it." Karl answers sternly responding in Common. He could tell she was joking, but.. "She is very pretty, are she and Lady Mira close?" He asks, he liked to think he was at least open to such ideas, Mira had shown herself to be capable, and more than she would appear so he had decided not to judge her, not in the way she appears to judge herself anyway.

Borderlands 3 - Navi