Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

"It seems we will be waiting here for a bit. I too have some healing to distribute."

He will wonder and look at the saddle.

"Would anyone be willing to help me fit this saddle on my sturdy mount? It seems I may be needing it more than I thought."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Nocturno, Bullock and Katten still have injuries. You guys let me know who you want each spell to go to]

Jordek moves over to help Nocturno saddle his mule (mostly by hooking the straps under the mount and keeping it from sliding off the other side). As the silver strap is buckled, a curious thing happens. A pair of spur-like protrusions begin to grow from the side of the saddle near the mule's shoulders! The protrusions continue to extend, taking on a fuzzy quality like the down of a fledgeling. They split and begin to unfurl like the wings of a young bird. As the group watches in amazement the wings continue to mature until they have grown to a full 8 ft wingspan! The feathers resemble those of a great buzzard; black and wide, built for cruising but not agile darting and diving...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar looks up to volunteer to help Nocturno but sibsides when he sees that Jordek has jumped onto the job.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Katten, please take the healing before you leave." He will motion to Linar. He will wait till after he checks out the saddle before casting his healing spells.
==============================
IE. Wait to see what Linar's spells do.
==============================
"What could this be. This is quite the development." He will walk around the new saddle inspecting the new wings.
=============================
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

If there's no spell-studying opportunity then Linar will practise speaking Common.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip having comforted by the presence of the rock in the glade decides he will wade into the pool and enjoy soak. Once he enters he realizes that the events of the past couple of days and the food he has eaten has produced bloating. He begins delighting in the homemade bubble bath he is now able to produce as he lounges in the pool. "A change in the ol' diet does not always go well for me". He happily rips one after the other as tiny bubbles float to the surface.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Linar, Jordek and Nocturno distribute some healing. Nocturno is almost fully healed, and Bullock improves quite a bit from the Drow's magic.

Fin takes the opportunity to relax in the glade, relieving some gastric distress. Jordek chuckles at the deep. Careful you don't summon the dreaded beast of the depths with that!

Nocturno inspects the wings. They rustle and settle just like they might on a giant bird. The base seems to have merged with the shoulders of the mule and the saddle both! Aside from the fact that they grew out of his mount, they look like natural features.

[Jordek will be willing to practice common with Linar, clarifying in Elven where necessary]
===
Linar Casts CLW on Bullock
Bullock is healed for [1d8] = 6 hps
Bullock improves from Hurt Critically to Hurt Badly [12/24 hps]

Linar Casts CLW on Bullock
Bullock is healed for [1d8] = 3 hps
Bullock improves from Hurt Badly to merely Hurt [15/24 hps]

Nocturno Casts CLW on Katten
Noct CLW on Katten [1d8]=3
[23/39 hps]

Jordek Casts CMW on Nocturno
Jordek CMW Nocturno [1d10+1]=10+1=11
Nocturno improves from Hurt Badly to Barely Scratched! [21/23 hps]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thank you, Jordek," replies Linar in both languages.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip replies "I'm conjuring air elementals underwater." Once he finishes his soak he dons his garb once more and performs his daily rituals to Calladuran listens in on the language lessons while studying the makeup of the rock and making notes.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will try to close up all of the Minotaurs wounds, and will cast CLW on anyone else who has any.

He will then fall into a sword training routine, going through forms for an hour. Then curiosity will get the best of him, and he will try to ride his trusty steed.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nocturno uses another minor healing spell on the minotaur, washing away the rest of his wounds. After practicing his sword for a while, he climbs into the saddle. Urging the mule forward, it begins walking in circles around the glade at a light trot. The wings flap now and again as if trying to take off but it becomes clear that more speed and more room are needed.

[Essentially there isn't enough room in the glade for takeoff]
====
Nocturno casts Cure Light Wounds on Bullock
Bullock is healed for 8 hps.
Bullock is at full health! [24/24 hps]
Nocturno CLW bullock [1d8]=8

Nocturno is at [21/23]
Katten is at [23/39]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

While the group rest and recover Linar continues to try and improve his Common.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Appearing with the silence she left with the tiny woman pads back into the glade, taking the new quiver on her shoulder she follows her usual pattern and enters the water once more, her furred skin vanishing under the water as Dran sits near a tree, knawing at the rabbit he apparently found on the return journey.

"You look better." She announces as she appears above the surface, "Wounds hurt."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Katten returns to find the others relaxing and mostly healed up. Nocturno is trotting his mule around, which has apparently grown wide wings like those of a buzzard in the meantime!!!

[Katten is mostly healed now, i think Nocturno has 1 CMW spell left that might top her up if he has a mind to offer it]
===

Additional retroactive healing from Linar the day before
Linar casts Cure Light Wounds on Katten
[1d8]=7, Katten is healed for 7, [30/39 hps]
Linar CLW on Katten [1d8]=7
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Thanks the companions for the healing and walks around trying to work the stiffness from his limbs and torso. That was a close one there. Thank you all for the healing and recovery. I am seeing that it is time for me to find some armor to protect myself and maybe a ranged weapon to strike from a distance before closing to kill. Does anyone have spells they would be willing to share? Being alone in a Maze doesn't allow for many spells to me learned and that is my greatest interest. Collecting spells for my own use. I am pretty good at fighting but Magic is my true love.

OOC- I am back among the living.