Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar wanders around, having been lost in the crowd for a while. He seeks n y who may legitimately sell magical things, preferably of a defensive nature.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip enters the Farmer's Ward and takes in the (from his height) all the sights, sounds, and tries to block out what he can only assume Bull's place of origin must be like. He finds the first person that looks to be a local to the Farmer's Ward and inquires about finding some catnip and maybe some yarn. He also inquires about mushrooms and the best place to find dinner as well as some possibly used bull horns and/or leather scraps.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Farmer's Ward: Findalsip and Jordek
Fin is quickly directed to an area nearby with wools and dyes, both woven cloth and balls of yarn, and various other related products. There are several stalls about with leather scraps, hooves and horns for sale. He passes no few stands with earthy produce but eventually stumbles upon a stall with easily a dozen varieties of fungi. Jordek nods, not the worst selection... Wish he had some of the really good stuff. he winks.

Linar wanders around for a bit and finds some stalls with trinkets and charms, but the Drow can tell that nothing in the common areas are truly magical. He does eventually find a small shop against the corner of the outer wall in Shield ward named...

Odds and Ends: Linar
The interior of the shop is well kept and lined in neat rows, but the manner of trinkets and things is rather eclectic. The curious wares make up a dizzying array of objects (think of a thrift store/ pawn shop kind of arrangement). A middle aged woman runs the place, though she is presently talking over an enameled metal vase with another customer.

Shield Ward: Bullock Whitemane
The white bearded man takes in the Minotaur's announcement with curiosity, though it is another human who responds. A middle aged fellow with thinning black hair moves to greet him. Well, always nice to meet someone who understands what they want. I'm Gren, the Armory manager. He takes a look at Bullock's size as he seems to begin estimations in his head. Yes, plate always takes quite a bit of work but it's worth it in the end. The way we do payments for something like custom plate is usually 1/4 of the price to start. another 1/4 when it is half done and the rest on delivery. For complete armor sets like this, we can break the construction up into batches but the payment will be half now half when complete for each batch; such as legs, arms, and the plate.

=====
Because of his natural armor class, Piecemeal armor will essentially provide him a 1 point of armor improvement until the total exceeds his natural armor score. So getting the leg plates or arm plates first would be enough for that 1 point, but to benefit further he would require at least the breast plate piece to be finished.

For a Large character, the plate legs (no boots but outer metal plate for hoof) will take about 6 weeks and cost 325 gp
If he wants to pay to put additional people on it they can be done in 2 weeks for 375 gp

Time/cost for arm plates would be 7 weeks (same cost as legs). putting more people on it will drop the time to 2.5 weeks for 375 gp

Time/cost for Breast plate would be 14 weeks and total 650 gp. putting more people on it will drop the time to 5 weeks and cost 750 gp
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip decides to start with the mushroom vendor and takes Jordek's lead on the selection of mushrooms. "Not being from this locale Cousin, pick us out some of better varieties, some for stewing and some that will keep for awhile on the road. I sure miss the illusionist shows back home and maybe if we kind find some the better (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) ones we will have our own personal shows. I will check will the leather scrap sellers and buy some scraps to make into a helm of sorts and get some of those horns as well. I will also obtain a ball of yarn from that first vendor we passed that had some. I will meet you back right here very quicklyIf you know where some catnip might be procured that would be awesome too I will meet you back here before the hour has passed."
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Well the legs would be the best place to start. And might as well put a rush on it. I will pay for the legs up front and once I stop back for them will give you the arm costs. Is there any way that you could darken the metal? I don't want to be a gleaming tin can. Measure away.

Once done measurements he will count out the 375 gold on the counter.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

With Jordek's advice they load up on some tasty chantrels, button-caps, and meaty-portabello mushrooms for rations; some of which are available pre-dried as well. (Just tell me how many days of fresh vs dried shroom rations he wants.) There is even a handfull of 'special' mushrooms mixed in with some other bits that the forest gnome picks out as well.

Yarn and leather scraps are pretty readily found, and a matched pair of cow horns as well. Catnip proves no difficulty in tracking down either, as apparently the town has many well-cared for cats who presumably help keep the rodent population under control

[Total cost will depend on how many days of rations he wants. Looking at just a few gold so far]

Shield Ward: Bullock Whitemane
Gren calls over an assistant to take notes and they spend some time collecting all the necessary measurements. Once in a while the old man out front makes a suggestion or poses an observation to assist with the measurement approach for the unusual subject. Once the measurements are done Gren fills out a claim ticket and hands it to the Minotaur. I'm sure I won't forget who ordered these, but here is your check card for when you come back.

====
Bullock pays 375 gp for a rush on plate leggings, which will be ready in 2 weeks
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

FIndalsip returns with his yarn and catnip and leather scraps and horns and associated material for assembly and confers with Jordek and agrees on a two days worth of fresh mushrooms and around a weeks worth of dried mushrooms of several varieties for each for each of them. The special mushrooms he will require perhaps 150 dry grams of those. They divvy up the rations and go find Bull.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Fin completes his transactions and the two gnomes go in search of Bullock.

They find him in the Shield Ward just as he is finishing up with the armorer.

===
Fin pays 22 gp for:

bundle of yarn (200 ft)
1/2 lb catnip
leather scraps (about 2 sq ft)
pair of cow horns
2 days fresh rations (mushrooms)
2 weeks dried rations (mushrooms) (20 gp)
*special mushrooms
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Having found Bull in the shop, Findalsip listens in on the conversation and begins fashioning a leather helm with horns from the scraps he has procured using his leather working skills paying no heed to the armorer.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Any additional shopping can be done in private threads]

After completing their various business, it seems the sun has crept low and the group re-converges at the Horse and Plow. Jordek leads Fin and Bullock to the Inn, and Linar makes his own way back having been there before. As they approach they see Nocturno outside waving down Katten, Dran and of all people the Elf Signa!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I have returned." Katten states in her soft voice, holding Dran close, its quite obvious she is nervous, her tail is raised, her ears catching every noise, her slim body on edge as she watches each and every movement around her.

"I come from Quel Salas, I go to the city of Lesoger." She states quite simply, having no time for idle chit chat.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Signa waves to the rest of the group as they approach. Fin can see that Signa is a high elf with both longsword and longbow. His gear appears designed for stealth in the forest.

I see that you have expanded your group a little, and you have rooms already. Nocturno stands and shakes the older elf's hand. Oh, yeah. This is Fin, we ran into him in the Basilisk cave the other day and he has decided to tag along. He has already been a big help. We ran into some trouble with the worgs. Sorry, I wasn't expecting you two but I'm sure they have some rooms left.

Greetings, Fin. My name is Signa. I am a ranger that protects the area near where the goblins have been making trouble. We appreciate your help.

Jordek grins and shakes Signa's hand as well. Hey! It has been a little bit since we caught up. We found some interesting stuff, including some kind of journal about whatever that weird rod was the goblins were hiding. I think we have a bit to chat about. He thinks a moment and turns to Linar. Oh yeah, I think using that scroll tonight would probably be a good opportunity.

Yes, I want to hear all about your days since we last saw each other. Perhaps I can help put some of the pieces together.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten sighed, so much talking, and they expected her to enter one of the places of brick, wood and stone. she lowers her head, fighting the unfamiliar smells that threatened to assault her. "I have information to share. I know where we must go." Keeping Dran close she allows them to lead her where they were going. "I sleep in Stables, or on floor."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

FIndalsip drifts in line to Katten and pulls out a small pinch of catnip and hands it to Katten, "Perhaps this may help you. This place is odd. This hewn stone is a very poor substitute for good, solid, rock all around to keep one safe. I don't feel very secure in this,(gesturing) whatever it is called."
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

There is no way I am sleeping in here. They won't have a bed even close to being my size. I to will sleep in the Stables with all the animals close by for warning. Any who wish to join me may do so. It would look like we are here for at least 3 days. The spells will take some time to be ready, maybe I will look for a wagon and a couple of steeds to pull it. Not sure it would be practical but would save some walking. And I definitely need a new cloak, damned goblin poked the old one full of holes.