Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Styrius
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Styrius »

“This is where we move the rocks to make the hole big enough for even you to get through. Doing such things is my occupation after my devotion to Calladuran Smoothhands; may he guide our efforts to move the rock.” Findalsip remarks to his large companion.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Linar and Nocturno slip through and begin clearing what they can from the other side to make the opening widet. Jordek shakes his head in response to Bull's question, I don't have anything like that ready right now... but cousin Fin here should be able to help you make short work of the excavation..
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

“Pull that rock right there” clearly pointing to one rock of a medium sized nature to a human “then that one”. “We cann make a pile over here to further hide the entrance. No! Not that one! This one! I miss my brothers. We’d be causing so much havoc outside a drow city right now. Let’s least not make too much noise because who knows what has moved in to this place. Watch your back and remember to lift with your legs!”
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten helps with the rock moving as best she can, leaving a small torch burning for Dran as she does so.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

After a couple of hours of work, made quicker under the direction of the Rocktender, the way is cleared enough for the minotaur to squeak through.

On the other side the passage widens and takes on a more rectangular appearance. The stone above is here only barely high enough for the Elves to stand upright, with Bullock having to stoop. Rubble lies in heaps along the passage as it winds off steeply into the earth. Here and there a cut piece of granite can be seen amid the debris on the ground...

===
Linar would recall the next apparent dead-end is only a few hundred yards from here, but that he found a way through
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar beckons and then moves forwards..
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will wait to be the last one at the hole. Knowing his armour is a problem for stealth.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip takes notes regarding what he has seen of the lost city. He also offers thanks to his deity.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Should I move the rocks back to keep the Orcs from following if they chose to? We don't need anything sneaking up behind us. I will move them back if we agree on it.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Good idea, Bull," says Linar.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

FIndalsip agrees with the replacement of the rocks. "No sense in making things easy for those that might come behind us."
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Replaces the pile of rock in front of the hole they created.

Hopefully we can go out another way so we don't have to move these for the third time.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will help where needed.

"Good thinking, at least there is many hands to make the work light."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group works together to re-stack the rubble and close the gap.

The Drow continues onward, leading the others. The path winds for close to 90 feet before becoming much straighter as it descends steeply into the earth. The shape of the passage changes as well, turning more rectangular and less naturally irregular. Were the elves to reach out to either side, they could almost touch both walls at once. Additionally, the ceiling nearly brushes the top of their heads when upright. At this point Bullock is forced to stoop heavily to proceed. All along the way are collapsed portions of earth and stone, many just shy of blocking the way entirely; but the Minotaur manages to scrape past them uncomfortably.

Eventually the tunnel becomes quite straight and lined on all sides by worked stone made to meld seamlessly with the natural cavern itself. The softer native limestone has been carved to accept solid granite bracing and arches fitted into the living rock. Despite the ever-present meticulous nature of Dwarven carving, the worked stone bears no hint as to what this place might have been...

After several hundred yards farther infravision allows them to spot a collapse ahead. Though still several yards away, it appears to be a massive and complete blockage of the passage...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar moves on towards where he'd found the complex puzzle set in stone.