Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Styrius
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip assists with the fire and dinner. After the fire is going well and everyone has had their share, he settles in feeling somewhat odd. He performs his evening ritual and tries to rest.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

After about an hour or so, Katten returns with a felled deer. The dinner is quite filling and Jordek rattles on about different ways of preserving meat
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I can help a little if you wish?", offers Linar in the context of meat preservation.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I kill, you prepare." Katten announces, pausing to retrieve the arrow heads for reuse. "Forest saw we hungry, Deer injured, it not survive. Forest protects and grows strong." She places her hand on her heart. "I thank Forest. It is one with me."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno bows his head. "Thank Solonor."

Nocturno will pull a knife and start to process the deer.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[apologies for delays. working up xp, should have it ready tomorrow. Any last actions before the party turns in for the night?]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar experiments with using Abjuration cantrips to preserve some food (brought in by Katten).

"Let these meat be salted; it's real easy. If not done, they'd make my stomach queasy."
"Please preserve the strips: into jerky long before they smell like month-old turkey."
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Will study some spells and sharpen his weapons.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nocturno cleans and does his best to get as much good meat from the deer as possible. Jordek gives him some pointers, having survived in the woods alone for decades. The group is well-fed and a few pounds of meat remain. Linar fires off a couple of cantrips to preserve some of the remainder. As they wind down the party performs necessary maintenance on their equipment. Fin pokes around in the woods near the camp and finds some jutting rock that he can sense Callarduran through, which will be enough for him to receive his prayers in the morning.

Throughout the night they take their shifts and nothing untoward occurs...

Dawn breaks gradually with a strange damp fog hanging low in the forest, oddly chill for this time of year.

====
Linar cantrips [1d20]=8, [1d20]=4
both pass

It is now Blade, the 2nd day in the month of Flourish or Melira (Elven name), the Year of the Sun 192 (3762 of the OE)

Casters choose your spells for the day

All injured gain 1 hp from, rest (Fin)

////
The initial assault on the Wetrock Goblin cave got off to a rocky start, no pun intended. There was some disorganization among the group, but when the shit started to hit the fan the PCs pulled together and supported each other; which helped them escape the encounter. I was glad there was some discussion afterwards among the group, which I think needed to happen not just for the PCs but for the players as well. I was also glad to see discussion/ participation from everyone on the party's next steps.

The trip down to Bordertown will afford them some interesting opportunities, not the least of which is getting their items identified. There are some story leads a few members of the party have knowledge of. [like the path to Dorinkak (Linar), something living under the bridge near bordertown (Noct), proximity of Signa's hometown (Katten), Leads on other creatures (Noct)].

Group Awards: [The total will be included in individual Awards posted on each character's private thread]

Combat XP:
Monsters 'Defeated'
gobs: (22*15)+35 = 365 [23 HD
worgs: (5*120) = 600
=> 965 /6 (Bullock, Findalsip, Jordek, Katten, Linar, Nocturno) 221 xp ea

Combat HD
1 x23 + 3 x5 = 38 HD

Story XP:
Talking it Out: 80 xp /ea (goblin fight, next steps, town, recovery, item identification, other plans)

Total Group Award: 301 xp ea
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Same thread?
=============================================
Nocturno will wake, make his prayers to Protector, and impatiently wait to bring up the rear of the group.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Upon waking in the morning, Findalsip will perform his morning devotions to his deity and assist with the camp tear down and try to help cover presence of having been there. "Thank you Katten for providing for the group last night. You efforts are much appreciated."
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten rises early, allowing Dran a morning hunt before the others rise she enters the camp ready to face the day.

"I thank you." She bows "I catch food, it feeds us. You like me, not like the City." There was one thing, Signa lived nearby, she might find her mentor. "We leave soon."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

After getting up and so forth Linar quietly pays for spells and then studies his spellbook.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Before long the group are up and ready for the day

(marching order?)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten will take point with Dran, well actually she'll stay about 40feet In front so she isn't really point at all

Borderlands 3 - Navi