Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Chris1234 »

"Spells?" Linar twitches. "Sure, we can compare." He doesn't sprint over, but his enthusiasm is pretty clear!

======
OOC: @ Bull - See PM
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

During conversation, unless Katten hides it, Nocturno will offer and cast the CMW.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nocturno calls upon a final healing prayer and restores Katten to the full figure of health.

So, Jordek begins, we've about a half a day of day left... Do we want to head on down to Bordertown to see if we can't get some of these fancy new treats identified? he asks, twirling the midnight blue ring between his fingers but not around one. Seems like that saddle is pretty self-explanatory, you might be able to test it out on the road. Has anyone else discovered what their trinkets are for? And besides, we can unload this bag of Basilisk bulk to that man in the magic -shop. The trip would give the goblins maybe some time to drop their guard again, they'll surely be expecting us to revisit the next day or two I should think. The Forest Gnome rattles on

====
Nocturno casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Katten
Noct CMW on Katten [1d10+1]=10+1=11
Katten is Fully Healed! [39/39 hps]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Fine," says Linar simply. he then adds, "It would be good not to have to carry so much. And there' are a few things I could happily buy, it there's money to be shared at the end of the trading."

As an aside, Linar says to Bullock, "Are you proficient with a bow?"
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Yes Linar, I am proficient with the Composite Long bow but it must be of great size and the arrows must be made special. I had one but it was damaged and useless so I discarded it when I fought a Firbolg and he chopped it with an axe. Guess he thought I was going to attack his village. Giant Kin are fickle some times. In this town do they have an armorer? I would find a suit of armor for myself. Chain if they have any that is large enough maybe a suit for a horse can be adjusted to fit.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well, if you're interested,there was a big strength-adjusted bow started in town for a previous adventuring freinds of mine. He wasa minotaur too. Then one day he just up and walked off. I don't think it was my cooking," replies Linar. "Anyway, we put a deposit down to get the bow started. I think we put down a hundred gold. The bow was going to cost several times that, if I recall correctly. And, yes, I'm pretty sure there's an arnourer around. Maybe several, but I don't know for sure as I generally don't use them."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I thank you." Katten bows as she recieves healing, happy that her wounds had finally vanished, she sits crosslegged on the grass, letting her fur dry as she listens to the conversation while she begins to create the first arrow of many, "I need arrow heads." She explains, slipping the feathers into the first arrow as it dissapears in her quiver.

"Bordertown..? They look at me like Animal, not treat me like person." Reaching for the next arrow she nods at the suggestion, "I go."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip listens intently to the conversation and finishes up notes on the rock in the Glade. He pipes up " I rather think I should like to see this town and find out what it has to offer and who is there; Ii think it would be useful for my research"
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

So this town is friendly towards my kind, Linar? I will be able to pay for the bow. I have nothing much else to do with my gold. I may even sell this magic buckler to fund my armor and a proper sized shield. This little thing is very small on me, maybe I will wait and see how strong the magic is. Or maybe I could buy an enlarge spell to cast on it. I do not normally wear armor either but it would appear that the outside world has something against Minotaurs and after the last fight with the goblins I think armor is a good way to go.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno listens and agrees.

"This saddle may allow for some nice scouting from the air."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Yes, Bull, it seemed tolerant when I was there previously," answers the dark elf. "The term 'friendly' may well be overstating."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Are we ready to start out? Jordek asks, all packed up.

====
last call for actions in the glade
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Making sure wounds are all closed, Nocturno will retire to some solitude and run through sword forms, and quiet prayer thanking for the mercy that he is alive.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten falls to her knees, kissing the ground she draws up a handful of soil. "I am one with the forest and the forest is is one with me.". She utters, leaving a line of dirt on her cheeks as she rises upwards.

"I will go. They look at me strangely, I animal, you not be concerned. People talk bad, they not know themselves ." If the speech was for her, or for Bullock it's hard to tell. Washing her hands in the water she refills her oldest water container and suddenly produces a large staff from her quiver, still amazed that was posssible.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Assuming that we've been able to memorise &/or pray for spells, then Linar continues practising his Common.