Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will try to add his muscle to help get an answer.(Intimidation?)
Last edited by Nocturno on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

"It would be wise to restrain the rest of the orcs before we go much further with this. I have more rope in my pack. Bind the others and then we can get down to the business of mining what they know. How hard they want to make us find the veins of their knowledge is up to them." Findalsip remarks with a slight hint a malevolence in his tone of voice.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar shares (in elven), "All of these goblins and the bugbears serve another. They're searching for a dwarven tomb but haven't found it. They had move caves to search. Is anyone badly injured? If not, I'd like a quick talk with our captives."
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

"Ask away but you might want to hurry. Kat has tasted blood and is not yet satisfied.Take some of this rope and bind the captives." FIndalsip hands over the section of rope. "Feel free the cut to length."
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Elven: "Finda, I've known Katten twice as long as you have," replies Linar. "She doesn't lose control."

He focuses on the orc, addressing it in its own language, "Worm, attend my words, or be skinned and eaten.." He glances at Katten. "What does your master search for?"

...and follows up with, "Tell me of your master!"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I think he was trying to spook the orcs, Linar. Jordek adds in Elven.

====
let's get an intimidation roll. How does Linar want to go about it? Cha or Str check?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar replies in elven, "My bad."

If the centuries of casual and horrific abuse of goblinoids by Drow isn't sufficient of and by itself to discommode the orc into speaking then Linar isn't going to belabour the point. He just looks for a willing volunteer to being a small, sharp blade towards the bound orc's skin, as if ready for peeling and then gestures invitationally..

======
OOC: Maybe Nocturno?

CHA 8 with 2 bonus Noct [1d20]=14
So 8+2=10, fail by 4
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Linar brandishes a blade and approaches the orc. The orcs eyes go between the Drow and elf, seemingly willing to hold his tongue for now; perhaps thinking that any Drow traveling with elves and less intimidating than rumors suggest...

That is until Nocturno moves forward and fixes him with his own flat, unsympatthetic glare at the blatant threat of torture. The orc's eyes widen as he realizes the opposite of his initial thought may be true...

Pieces! Just pieces of broken.. thing. Thing of power. Ossunin demand it, any cost. But we not find Dwarf city. It lost. No way in... Ossunin will not accept this...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Is Ossunin a bugbear? If not, what race is he?
"The 'thing': how has Ossunin described it? A staff? Something to be worn? What will he use it for?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The orc shakes its head, Not bugbear. Not like orc or goblin or even filthy e... dwarf. Never see, but hear. Bugbears tell of him. Orc chief met too. Voice like thunder, rage like lightning! the orc seems to suddenly become more reluctant to speak perhaps imagining the retribution for cooperating now. Not mortal... dark god...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar shares the information and adds, "Sounds like something we heard of before, Katten!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Goblin Chief rambled of him. Before i kill him." Katten answers, her bow still leveled and drawn. "God not here. We here. Upset us.. you see how bad rage is. Please me, you live longer."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip intently scans the other captives as the one orc is questioned. He looks for any sign of concern or intent in their demeanor. He hopes he could use that as leverage in the questioning by playing on their fears.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Walks up standing straight to his full 8 feet and looking huge at 480 lbs, to the crowd that has gathered and looks at the Orc and back at the Elves. In Orc he speaks to everyone:
I have found that Orc not very smart but If you rip arms off of one the rest learn to talk. But must twist arm are the correct angle to separate from shoulder. Fun to beat Orc with own arm. Makes Bull laugh.

He then does his best "Macho Man" Randy Savage flex .
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

At kattens threat the orc visibly sneers. Death come but once. Ossunin could make soul scream for eternity... I say no more. he grumbles.

Fin watches the captives closely. The other orcs seem to take some kind of heed to their companion's words and appear to be prepared to endure punishment rather than cooperate.

That is until Katten and Bullock add their own remarks

====
lets get a cha or strength check from Katten and Bull as well since they are adding their own intimidations