Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Down They Go? - Everyone

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Down They Go? - Everyone

Post by Nocturno »

Everyone is woken by the sound of soft bells, seeming to come from the ceiling above them. Everyone feels refreshed and just a tad sore from the vigorous day before.

Grabbing their gear, and making their way to the dining hall, the group is greeted by Lorbin, Lord Frugold, and Lady Onyxarm, along with a full table of every breakfast food imaginable.

"My new comrades, I cannot express the appreciation of how quickly you responded to the two situations yesterday. Protecting our Children, and responding to my incident."

You can see he is definitely still in pain, but putting on quite the show to hide it.

Lady Onyxarm talks next.
"In our appreciation, we are adding a 2GP bonus to your wages from yesterday." She pulls a purse, and makes a stack of 5GP for each party member, and one stack of 2GP.

"These are for you, along with your GP for tomorrow. Broggdar, this is for you. For today and tomorrow." She points to the bigger stacks for the members, and the smaller stack for Broggdar.

Lord Frugold speaks again.
"We would like to strike back. Especially if the source of the Blur is coming from the Underdark. Our scouts have not seen any movement at the warehouse since you left. It also has only been 4 hours of rest, but the enhancements in our home should have you feeling like you rested much longer."(Long Rest)

He stands up.
"Please feast, and take what you can with you. Rayman, GG, we have some materials for you to use there, it should allow each of you to copy 1 spell each."

Lady Onyxarm will add.
"We are unsure of what lies at the bottom of that shaft. But we will supply you all with climbing gear, and as much rope as you can carry."

========================
Lorbin will have ID'd the items for the group I will add that all in, in a bit.
==========================
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Down They Go? - Everyone

Post by TristenC »

They watchin' outdide or inside the watehouse? Mayhap morea them dark elves come in through that skinny shimmy-hole in the cave.., Renwick asks, as he prepares to dig into the feast
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG bows respectfully and than sweeps up Rayman to do some spell scribing. When done, he goes looking for food to eat and food to go.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Lorbin answers this.
"Our scouts have not entered the building, but as far as we could find from the outside, the front door is the only exit to the City."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Renwick will make sure he has a leather cover for the face of his new adamantium axe so that it doesn't disintegrate in the Sun
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Broggdar

Thank you. I will put it to good use. I hope you don't want any captives. I am not in the mood to allow those elves to live for what they have done to my family. and besides Clanggden would never allow it anyway. I'll take a loaf of your darkest rye bread, some dried meats and how about a quarter wheel of cheese and maybe a skin of your best Dwarven Whiskey. Two Climbing daggers, a 100' rope, a hooded lantern, and 4 flasks of lamp oil should do the trick.

As he grabs a plate and starts to fill it up.

So where is a good place to sell some weapons in this town? I have a long bow, 8 hand axes and a Great Axe that needs to find a new home. Gathered them in the warehouse before we left. Any stores close that will buy them??
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Tornak eyeballs the food and swipes the gold, indiscriminately grabs handfuls of food and heads to the library to search for bestiaries of underdark creatures and the poisons and toxins that might be associated with each. Hopefully with some illustrations to help illuminate bodily functions. He will scrawl notes for himself of anything he finds that could be helpful in removing poisons and toxins from beasties and storing them.

He is also going to try to find empty bottles and vials to take to collect specimens.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly happily goes with GG for spell scribing but from down the hall he calls, "Live captives might give more info than dead ones." Working with GG he goes forth and back to the ideas behind the magic they weave and contemplate on the variety of options to achieve similar effects. After long discussion, accompanied by both cheerful and angry rumblings, he is done with this work and returns looking around. His curiosity leads him to Tornak work. "What are you doing? I saw you grab some old books..."

======================================================
(OOC: Flatbelly will try to copy the invisibility spell. Do I have to roll something?)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

After the meal GG suggests, "Those of you with greater ability to carry hefty loads might want to take some things suited for caving. Maybe 300' of silk rope on a grapel. A couple of those. Individual climbing kits, spitons, hammer, lanterns, lots of oil, food, water. According to what's available, of course.."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

When everyone has gathered their foodstuffs, and done their spells and research Lorbin summons them all to the Foyer. He also fills the group in about the items they found. He will give them the full information on their new items.

The group will see Tornak with a large tome on a sling over a shoulder. Sporting a very tough looking cover with a clasp. It's title: "How to Harvest in the Underdark, a Guide to making poisons and potions."

He then opens a door to the storeroom.

"We can offer fair compensation for any items you bring back." Lorbin says to Broggdar.
=========================================
Up to 10 of anything from the PHB for mundane gear can be found here.
No packs, or special items, but if you have a question just ask, it is likely here.
========================================
Does everyone have a heal potion?
=====================================
Updated loot post, with the full details on the magic items.
======================================
They will purchase the items at 75% of the PHB price. I will let you do this on the honour system.
======================================
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Slight stroll back in time...

Tornak replies to Flatbelly "I'm going to find as much information as I can about the beasties we might find down in the depths. I've heard some of them might have some interesting abilities that we may be able to harness. The Spinegougers pride ourselves on innovative thinking. If it can melt a hole in me, well then surely I can find a use for it!" There is a brief pause and then Tornak mutters "I wonder if those jelly cube things have baby cubes.." as he wanders away
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Seeing others raid the libaray GG things it an excellent idea and looks for a primer on the gnomish language. He needs a hobby, so learning gnomish will occupy and free time that he has.

Failing to find one he rejoins the others and reflects, "If we're hunting drow, notorious users of poison, then antitoxins might be useful."
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Adrik will make sure he picks up 24 crossbow bolts and load 10 in this shield. He will also pick up a potion of healing.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Renwick eats and makes sure he has enough arrows
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Hey, Broggdar, near as I can make out you can unload that stuff here," says GG. "At the preferential house rates I think the a long bow, great axe and 8 hand axes would get you ninety gold coins. So we wanted some stuff. Can't see climbing daggers nor whisky, but a climber's kit, 100' rope, assuming silk, a hooded lantern, and 4 flasks of lamp oil that would offset some, leaving you with fifty two gold and a pair of silver coins. Well, this is the Underdark we're headed into, right, so if you're happy to upgrade your rope to 300' and add a grappling hook, then I'll do the same. That would let us cope with a pretty big crevise, three hundred foot down one side and three hundred foot up the other side. You'd still get twenty gold and seven silvers on top. What d you think?"

He adds, "So what's everyone thing about the other stuff? We can have it on credit. Sell it back at the same rate if not damaged. That's climbing kits, spare lantern, loil, food, water.."

Regardless, GG still buys three hundred foot of silk rope and a grappling hook costing 46gps and 5sp