Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 3 - Fresh Air

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 3 - Fresh Air

Post by Chris1234 »

Up close the background can be seen to radiate orange and yellow rays outwards like the setting sun.
Contextually it signifies sword and spell (in union) shall (or may) trust and enlighten (when seen clearly).
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue will walk up the door, if it is open he will go through.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The door is closed but unlocked and opens easily. Beyond is a hallway panelled in dark wood, two doors to the left, two to the right and one at the far end of the fifteen foot long corridor. The door closes quickly and silently. A pair of generous lips, three foot across, appears between the doors on the right. "OHO! VISITORS! PLEASE WAIT! SOMEONE WILL BE WITH YOU SHORTLY, DEAR VISITORS!"

Perhaps a dozen or so heartbeats later a big man with even bigger red hair and beard the far door. He wears dungarees and a red lumberjack shirt. "I am Woderwick the Wed. How can we help?"
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Nice to make your acquaintance. We are looking for your library. We are looking for books on Celestial and there radiance. Do you have any of those here?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"We have a libwary that we're quite pwoud of. I think we have something on most things, but we have experts for that. I, ah, am more familiar with the kitchen, with security, that sort of thiing," responds the bear of a man*. "But please, step this way." He shows you into a room on the left. It's a modestly sized meeting room with a hardwood table and eight surprisingly comfortable matching chairs. The panelled walls are ornamented with a variety of shields and weapons, both melee and missile. Several are silvered. A few hooks suggest that some have found use elsewhere.

"If you would share your names, I will get someone more appwopwiate than me to help."

After recieving your names Roderick smiles and scuttles off. (There's time to examine things in the room if anyone cares to.)

A while later the door opens and a pasty-blue-skinned elf enters. He wears celestial blue troos, loose doublet and mantlet and sports a well used raiper at his left hip.
"I am Q'easitor and am the Guildmaster. Roderick has told me of your needs. Our library here is well stocked. Access is, as you may have supposed, only open to guild members. The monthly fee is twenty five dragons per head or one hundred dragons for an adventuring company in good standing. It also grants access or use of our stables carriage, dorm, common room and spell library. Mundane equipment.." He gestures at the items around the walls, "..may be borrowed, missiles replenished of course, and magical items may, with qualifying conditions, be hired. The same applies to copying spells from our spell library. Assisted research is discounted. Now, if I have the right of it, were you the group that sought to sell a certain ring*** that you recovered from Undermountain?"

======
*He would be like a larger, hairier version of Steven Seagal in Under Siege (1992).
**GM hint this is good value, considering proteges and other potential members..
***Horned Ring - anyone recall what you did with this?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue raises his eyebrow at the mention of the ring.
===
Who did we try to sell the ring to?
=====
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

I think the sun elf in the Yawning Portal took it to find a quick sale for you. I'm not sure you got paid, but what do you think?
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

OOC - without fishing through the posts I have no idea about that ring.

While waiting, Jim will inspect the weaponry around the room
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

The Yawning Portal does sound familiar, but I can't remember.

I have reviewed my Character sheet and Evenwood has a brass ring, but I don't think it's the same as the Minotaur Ring.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well, it seems that is the case," says the blue-skinned elf. "Essentially the item has been offered to me and I have accpted but not yet paid the asking price. But I do know the amount you were to recieve. If you're comfortable signign some forms that acknowledge payment, then we can proceed.."

Q'easitor concisely outlines you would gain:
a) One year SELUM membership for your adventuring band,
b) Research assistance for seven focused topics.*
c) You each gain three potions of Greater Healing [4d4+4] plus 30 Harbour Moons
d) You each choose any two common items.
e) You each choose either eight spell levels of 1st and 2nd level arcane spells
or two uncommon items from:
2x Amulet of Anti-Nature, Bag of Holding, Boots of Springing & Striding, Boots of the WInterland, Bracers of Archery, Cloak of Elvenkind, Cloak of the Manta Ray, Gloves of Thievery, Goggles of Night x2, Halberd +1, Javelin of Lightning, +1, Mariner's Armour (breastplate), 3x Periapt of Health, Rapier +1, Ring of Swimming, Rope of Climbing, Scimitar of Fire (+1d6 fire dam), Short Sword +1, Wand of Magic Detection, Warhammer +1

======
*Research, XGE132
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Out of character chat. Can we actually register with this guild? I though we were all part of another organization? Just can't remember.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

You can.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

We registered with the city as an adventuring party.

This is giving access based on the party. I quickly skimmed the big post, but not yet really sat down with it.
===================================================================
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Chris1234 wrote:"Well, it seems that is the case," says the blue-skinned elf. "Essentially the item has been offered to me and I have accpted but not yet paid the asking price. But I do know the amount you were to recieve. If you're comfortable signign some forms that acknowledge payment, then we can proceed.."

Q'easitor concisely outlines you would gain:
a) One year SELUM membership for your adventuring band,
b) Research assistance for seven focused topics.*
c) You each gain three potions of Greater Healing [4d4+4] plus 30 Harbour Moons
d) You each choose any two common items.
e) You each choose either eight spell levels of 1st and 2nd level arcane spells
or two uncommon items from:
2x Amulet of Anti-Nature, Bag of Holding, Boots of Springing & Striding, Boots of the WInterland, Bracers of Archery, Cloak of Elvenkind, Cloak of the Manta Ray, Gloves of Thievery, Goggles of Night x2, Halberd +1, Javelin of Lightning, +1, Mariner's Armour (breastplate), 3x Periapt of Health, Rapier +1, Ring of Swimming, Rope of Climbing, Scimitar of Fire (+1d6 fire dam), Short Sword +1, Wand of Magic Detection, Warhammer +1

======
*Research, XGE132
Out of Character chat: Chris, please clarify, if we sign up for the guild it will cost use 25 dragons each per month. We would also gain some magical items or some spells.

I'm willing to sign up.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

**Bump.**

======
Answer clarified, expanded and moved to OOC thread.