Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 3 - Fresh Air

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 3 - Fresh Air

Post by Chris1234 »

"Mmmm well, of course I'll try to help," answers Darren. "I'd be only too happy to. And, honestly, this place recieves more donations than I've seen sunrises. So that would not be unusual. But I think you already made a significant donation that would cover my, uhh, assistance, if you should want it, and request it, of course, for quite some while. Of course, if you feel that any assistance I am able to provide is in any way amazing or exemplary then you are fully within your rights, without let or hindrance, to place a bonus, perhaps a relevant item, in my possession." He beams a winning smile. "One thing though, how would you propose to capture a sample of my power or essence?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue looks at Woody and Jim for some ideas.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Woody pipe in. "I'm thinking if you provide us with water that is blessed by you. That might do the trick."

OCC: is Darren a Celestial?
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jim is going to try to think if anything he may have been taught as a youngster growing up with monks when he learned the Celestial language might shed some light on what a Celestials radiance might be.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

counterkid wrote: Woody pipe in. "I'm thinking if you provide us with water that is blessed by you. That might do the trick."
"I can do that for you, if you think that is what you need," answers Darren, gain with a beaming smile.

======
counterkid wrote: OCC: is Darren a Celestial?
He is half-celestial.
Squirrellord wrote:Jim is going to try to think if anything he may have been taught as a youngster growing up with monks when he learned the Celestial language might shed some light on what a Celestials radiance might be.
Sure, no problem, that would take a skill check.. What skill would think is most relevant here? (And, very loosely, why?)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Bump!
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

If no one objects Woody will ask Darren for holy water blessed by Darren. Waiting for Jim and Sue to respond.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Darren seems inordinately happy to see the adventuring trio and beams again, "Yes, I can do that, no problem. But do you have powered silver? The temple would give you what's needed if you make an appropriate donation, say twenty seven dragons and a sambat*."

======
*27g, 1 ep
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"That doesn't seem to be right to me. We need his radiance. Maybe we need to do a bit of research, of what the radiance of a celestial is. Would you have some idea where we could figure this out?" He sighs and rubs his temples as he thinks about studying at the Temple again.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Darren offers, "There's an enormous library here* but for something as offbeat as that you could try the SELUM** tower over in North Ward."

======
*The Spires of The Morning (the largest temple to Lathander in western Faerun)
**SELUM is the Society for the Elimination of Lycanthropes and Undead Monstrosities
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Let's head to the Selum over in the North Ward."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue mumbles. "Towers, Libraries, research. Give me something to smack!"

He nods his head.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jim rolls his shoulders and echoes Sue's sentiments in a monotone "Studies!" Followed up with a quick "Not complaining.. I was just always better at the physical learning."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Daren moves off to make some holy water while the trio of adventurers head off to SELUM.
After a short walk the modest tower comes into view. Solidly built of stone, three floors high with a fifteen foot high wall encompassing its moderately sized compound. The gates are open and there's stabling to the left, an open area to the right and the tower straight ahead. A coat of arms, crossed sword and scroll is affixed above the oak door.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Does the scroll have any words written on it?

Woody will read what it says.