Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 3 - Fresh Air

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

counterkid
Knight
Knight
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 3 - Fresh Air

Post by counterkid »

"I say we need to talk to the night watchmen first. We also need to find how we are going to gather the following ingredients: the Radiance of a Celestial, the Cloak of a Cultist, and Tears of a Murderer. We need to stop and buy one or two bottles so we can capture the Radiance of a Celestial and the Tears of a Murderer."

Woody will turn to Sue and say: "do you think Daisy might know where we could find a Celestial or a Cultist? I also think we need to research how we can capture the Radiance of a Celestial."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jim polishes off his food and replies to Woody's questioning of Sue. "Darren might be able to enlighten us on the Radiance of a Celestial. Tears of a cultist doesn't sound terribly specific.. I wonder if we can find a cult or two in one of the more religious areas of town. Or perhaps the children can point us in a direction for that one." Addressing Sue "Do you happen to have access to a murderer?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue shakes his head.

"Guess you won't. Yes Darren was my thought for the Radiance. The tears are from a murderer, the cultist robes, should not be too hard to find."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Lots of possibilities, but which will our brave adventurers explore first?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Let's stop in and visit our new friend. If Darren can shed some light on the request, we can see what we need to accomplish it."

He looks at his companions.

"Then maybe a little investigation to see where are murderous mark is, and then to make him cry. That same investigation time may produce a cult that needs to be taken care of as well."

=============================================================
Sue is thinking of finding someone he knows from the 'Watch, and use the excuse that he is taking some personal time to make some coin as a Bounty hunter.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jim is willing to follow Sue's lead. He does make his query about access to a murderer clearer though
"By access I meant perhaps a jail or holding cell where one might already be held. Do you have access to such? Though I have no qualms of riding the streets of any murderers, I merely was suggesting for expediences sake." Come to think of it.. is taking a life in defense of your life murder? Where is the line drawn between killing and murder? Would any of our tears work?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue rolls his eyes.
"We have the request to capture the murder at the docks, we could probably squeeze a tear out of him. But which sounds more urgent? Also a couple of these seem to be night time activities. Maybe Darren, then link up with the fellow at the Graveyard to see when is best to attend the problem."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

"Darren is probably the best to start with."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Well we have a destination, let's get started."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The trip across the city to the Spires Of The Morning is apparently* uneventful.

After some of the usual beaurocratic nonsense and a short wiat in a modest but adequately appointed receiving room Darren appears. He wears long-sleeved robes of russet and crimson with a sunburst headpiece worn toward the back of his head. "In the dawn, beauty reigns, and how may we make your way clearer?"

======
I need a single 1d12 roll, please. 10 or higher may have some impact.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

[1d12]=6

"We, uh, have a request. Some information at first, maybe some assistance.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Some information and assistance," echoes Darren. "Well, I have four pairs of good shoes. And each step I take brings me nearewr to Lathander." His face cracks a smile. "Or did you mean more specific information? And assiatance, maybe?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"We have been asked to obtain the Radiance of a Celestial." Sue clears his throat. "Any idea what that would mean or entail?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well, that's unusually interesting. And interestingl unusual. What do you think it might mean?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"My best guess would be a sample of your power or essence. I am a bit over my head with this one. But figured you may be able to help." Sue furrows his brow a bit, then thinks.

"Would it be less interesting or unusual if the Morning Lord's cause received a donation?"