Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 5: "Cavern of the Crown of Souls" (Game Thread)

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 5: "Cavern of the Crown of Souls" (Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

[Sorry for delays, hectic week]

Jerry prepares and sets the coin down and arms herself. The Mystaran begins to walk... the voice continues to taunt her from the dark, where are your friends? Ohh... the others didn't want to play with poor jerry-berry... tsk-tsk
the sound draws closer and closer as she walks But what will become of the poor berry-girl, out here soooo alooooone... The fog thickens until she can hardly even see her feet! Suddenly the voice is behind her, the breath tickling the back of her ear. She'll be CRUSHED!!

Suddenly the fog lifts she finds herself in a wide square chamber. Four archways filled with billowing mist, including one he must have fumbled her way through blindly, seem to lead into the room. Mist flows out of the arches and rolls across the floor to pour into a 30' diameter pit in the center of the area. Ten feet below the lip of this pit the cascade of mist vanishes into a cloud of fog, like a waterfall plunging into a lake.

A large metal disk is suspended over the center of the void by four heavy chains that run from the edge of the pit to the disk. On this disk stands the upper half of a skeleton. Its vertebrae simply vanish into the flat plate of metal as if the creature were some magical illusion.

Resting proudly upon the skeleton's head is a great bejeweled crown that gleams with beauty and an inner light. Although it gives off a warm and golden glow, there is a coldness in the light that seems to fill you with dark thoughts of despair.

Mira, Karl and Pyros stand around the pit, the latter plaing with several lengths of belt, strap and cord to form a makeshift rope! Merrick stands near one of the other arches, clearly relieved to see Jerry emerge. Abruptly Elsa appears on the far side as well!

the pit diameter in the map is wrong, the size of the pit is closer to the grey circle i drew around it. 1 square = 5 ft
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Is anyone hurt? Or missing?" asks Jerry as she cottons on to what Pyros is up to. She smiles and waves to Merrick. "I don't have rope, but I do have a sack. And have a Web spell in memory. Cutting up the sack might give non-sticking patches for treading on a Web-bridge. Unless someone's picked up any clothing that's not needed? A sack can be really useful."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm glad you are all here." Mira rushes invisibily from her postion to hug Elsa tightly, "The web bridge sounds like a great idea, we can send more than one person, but we tie them together. I'm thinking someone light and nimble." Brain working hard she tries to figure out what to do next.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick wordlessly moves over to the Mystaran and takes her hand in a vice-like grip despite his thin frame. He watches the crown like a cat might watch a hungry wolf.

Elsa gives a small start as the invisible bard hugs her, but pats Mira on the hip in a one-armed hug as she holds her shield. You know i'm never far from my good friends. turning to the pit, she whistles low. So that's it, huh? It's... magnificent... and a eerie as a bat-cave in a graveyard... Pyros you had better be careful. That pit might not be as 'forgiving' as the last one people fell down...
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I like the web idea... this bum leg, is still got me worried."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I wish there was something we could do to fix it. Adrestia, you should go with him, please? You are strong enough to hold him and nimble enough to stay balanced." Mira explains, "I'm just glad you made it, I really am." She squeezes Elsa's arm.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I wish there was something I could do. Let us get this thing and get home." Karl stares at the crown not with longing, but with hope.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will pull any clothing out of his pockets that aren't his to lay on the web.

Also any bigger pieces he may have accumulated.
====================================================
I'll check the list in a bit.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

If there are no better ideas, when folks have prepared and laid outwhatever cloth and clothing for an impromptu 'carpet', Jerry concentrates and casts a Web in an appropriate size and arrangement.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Karl will stand ready in case he is needed.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Pyros pulls out one of mira's blouses from his pouches, but other than her, there don't seem to be many spare clothes among the group. Most members of the group do seem to have bedrolls, however...

[Who is donating what to the potential 'web carpet']
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I've slept on the ground before, won't be the last time, here." She passes over her bedroll withou further comment.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As they are discussing, Adran arrives. Merrick also donates his bedroll. Well... it seems we won't be getting them back from the webbing either way, but two rolls may not be long enough. He takes out his knife and cuts his own lengthwise, leaving two long strips more than wide enough for the Kender. There. I think if you roll them up and then let them roll out as you go it should be enough to cover.

===
How does Pyros want to do the approach?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(while we are waiting on our friendly neighborhood Kender, How does Jerry want to set up the web?)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

In some appropriate geometically sound manner wherby it's anchored but won't impede the objective.

======
OOC: Jery has Int 19 and Wis 14. (With my current migranie head I think I have Int 2 and Wis 1 and can't find the words.) It's fine if you want to roll agaisnt Jerry's Int and or Wis for me