Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 5: "Cavern of the Crown of Souls" (Game Thread)

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 5: "Cavern of the Crown of Souls" (Game Thre

Post by Nocturno »

While the resters rest Pyros will open a challenge to a dice game!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick continues to stare into the mist, responding only absently with non-commital grunts or the barest turn of his head.

Elsa and Artanis finish their preparations and begin praying over and healing various members of the party. Nearly everyone still injured gains healing to some degree (aside from Cross who has only the barest scratch). Pyros is healed completely, and most of the others are as well. The ranger and Elsa at last corner the knight.
You won't last long on the front lines if you refuse healing. Artanis says in a practical manner.
He's right. And you must let me repay you for your valor yesterday. Elsa says in a tone that brooks no nonsense. Waiting only on the barest indication of assent (or ignoring it if he doesn't give it) the pair call upon the powers of Meilikki and Yondalla to heal Sir Karl. Almost all of his wounds close, leaving only a small cut remaining!

Well, that gets us all pretty well fixed up. I think Pytor could use a little more... the Ranger adds.
Elsa turns to Jerry, If this Nap spell works for us the way it did for you, we should be able to fix that in short order. Before she prepares to receive the spell, Sir Karl mentions the vial in Pyros' pile and hands a sack to Elsa as well. She carefully sets out small rounded earthen containers and a more slender vial.

Uncorking each gently, she dips a pinky over the stopper and tastes them one-by-one. Well, these two she gestures to the small round ones, are just like Pyros', which I have tested before. They are basic healing potions. The smaller one, is actually a potion of Extra Healing, or sometimes called Greater Healing. It works a lot like the others, but you can sip a third of it to be healed a little. Or, you can drink the whole thing at once and it works a little better than the effect of splitting it up. You should probably hold onto that one, since you're always running to the front. Turning to the group she continues. What do you guys think? Maybe the fighters should hold onto them, since most of the rest of us either hang back or can heal ourselves. It might be good in a pinch if we can't reach them in time in the middle of trouble...

Pyros dotes over his mice, who he realizes he has yet to pick names for! He feeds them from the little roughage found in the pile. They scamper and climb and burrow through the junk pile, searching for other nibbly treats.

Sir Karl retrieves the whetstone, but as he moves to place it in his pouch, he finds his own there already!
Mira retrieves the map of Haven and Jackques' Trail map [depciting the area from Harmonia to Skald and a the trail to the canyon]
Pytor eyes the manacles. Hmm... this pair doesn't look very strong... did you find these outside?

===
Potion of healing does 2d4+2 healing
Potion of extra healing does 1d8 per 1/3 used, or 3d8+3 if all is taken at once

Jerry Casts Detect Magic and examines Pyros' pocket contents
The vial of liquid glows slightly
The gold coin with a jester's hat on it glows slightly

2x potion of healing?, Large potion of extra healing
Elsa proposes Karl, Pytor and Adrestia carry one each, since they tend to be on the front. This would be in case they need healing

Artanis casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Elsa
For [1d10+1] = 9 hps
Elsa is upgraded from Hurt Badly to Hurt

Elsa casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Pytor
For [1d10+1] = 6 hps
Pytor is upgraded from Hurt Badly to Hurt

Elsa casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Artanis
For [1d10+1] = 5 hps
Artanis is upgraded from Hurt to Barely Scratched

Artanis casts Cure Light Wounds on Elsa
For [1d8] = 4 hps

Artanis casts Cure Light Wounds on Jerry
For [1d8] = 1 hps
[13/18]

Artanis casts Cure Light Wounds on Karl
For [1d8] = 5 hps
[35/44]

Elsa casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Pyros
For [1d8] = 8 hps
Pyros is upgraded from Hurt to Full Health! [17/17]

Elsa casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Karl
For [1d8] = 6 hps
Karl is upgraded from Hurt to Barely Scratched [41/44]

Art and Elsa CMW on Elsa,Pytor,Art [1d10+1] = 8+1 = 9, [1d10+1] = 5+1 = 6, [1d10+1] = 4+1 = 5

Art and Elsa CLW on Elsa,Jerry,Karl,Pyros,Karl [1d8] = 4,[1d8] = 1,[1d8] = 5,[1d8] = 8,[1d8] = 6

Adran: Full Health
Adrestia: Full health
Artanis: Barely Scratched
Cross: Barely Scratched [10/11 hps]
Elsa: Barely Scratched
Jerry: Hurt [13/18 hps]
Karl:Barely Scratched [41/44 hps]
Merrick: Full health
Mira: Full health
Pyros: Full Health
Pytor: Hurt
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

While Elsa and Art to their healing Jerry sees if the glass stopper in Pyros's pile fits into the empty inkpot (that doesn't have a stoppper). "Hey, Pyros, it fits!" (Or "...but not very well.") "Can I have some of the sling ammo?"

When the curing is finished Jerry thanks Art and Elsa for the healing. She then suggests, "Pytor seems to be hurt the most so perhaps he should join Elsa, Art and me in the 'Nap'. Or is there anyone else that needs to regain spells?"

If no one suggests otherwise, the cleric casts Nap on herself, Elsa, Art and Pytor.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

To those not napping, Pyros shakes his dice and gives them pleading eyes.

He thinks it is best not to name his mice yet. To easy to get attached to things with names.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Taking a postion near the Kender Mira gives one of the Mice a stroke and grins, "We play for fun, not for Money?" She suggests, her eyes on the dice.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Karl accepts the healing with a nod, "I was not avoiding the aid, rather I was ensuring those who needed it were seen to first." He explains, taking position near the napping group, the potion placed in his pouch. "I will guard the way, No one will pass me."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Sure!" He will toss her the dice. "You can have first throw!"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry tries the glass stopper in the empty inkpot, but they definitely do not fit each other.

Since no one protests or comments otherwise, Jerry, Elsa, Artanis and Pytor gather together and the Mystaran weaves her magical spell of sleep. The four promptly succumb to slumber. Sir Karl takes up a position nearby to guard the sleeping quartet while Pyros and Mira dice to while away the time. Adrestia keeps a close watch on the entrance to the cavern itself. An hour passes rather peacefully, despite the creepy, damp surroundings, and the four begin to wake...

=====
Jerry casts Nap on herself, Artanis, Elsa and Pytor.
They each gain 1 hp from rest.
thawizkid
Peddler
Peddler

Post by thawizkid »

Adran joined the group in napping, I would appreciate a nap as well, then I will study my spells...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
I think Adran has already slept for 8 hours. i.e. he can already study his spellbook & memorise spells.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Little backtrack please)

Throwing the dice as she grins at the Kender Mira begins to relax. "You dont get scared do you? I wish I didnt either."

[1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 2
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros leaves the Pilfered Pocket Provisions out for the entirety of the rest.

"Feel free to take whatever strikes your fancy!"

[1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 1

"Nice roll! Looks like you win this round!"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thanks, Pyros," ackowledges Jerry. She takes another piece of charcoal, some blue chalk and two sling bullets (one lead and one pretty).
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[After the nap]
Artanis and Elsa make their devotions to regain the few spells they recently expended, and are soon ready to continue.

I have been thinking about that hag. She was... disturbingly powerful. I wonder if she could have been responsible for the creation of the Goblyns... I will need to consult Marta, once we are done in this canyon and make our way back to town.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Upon waking Jerry checks how Merrick's doing and then settles down to regain some spells.