Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

You Know What This Place is Missing?

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.

You Know What This Place is Missing?

Dragonlance
10%
Spelljammer
50%
Planescape
40%

Total votes: 10

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: You Know What This Place is Missing?

Post by Chris1234 »

Although I voted for PS I'd give SJ a go if Jen recommends it
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Oh. My. God.

Keeeender in Spaaaaacccceeee
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Riding giant hampsters??
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

I've played a tiny bit of Planescape. It was interesting while it lasted.
I would love to see a Dark Sun game here. I would even run one except for the hassle of having psionics as an everyday element of the game.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

TristenC wrote:#3, but as far as free time goes I'm pretty well booked.
But you already voted. It's too late now, the contract has been made in blood. (If you want to know how I obtained your blood, don't ask. But apropos of nothing, don't leave your bedroom window open at night. :twisted: )
TristenC wrote:[Jaded, we all know you were secretly fishing for another Dragonlance game ;) ]
Were that the case, I wouldn't have bothered with the poll. I just grieve for the setting's lost status. It was once part of the Big Three, man. The Big Three!
Nocturno wrote:Oh. My. God.

Keeeender in Spaaaaacccceeee
Even worse...tinker gnomes in space. They even have their own ships. (Just look at that monstrosity. Even the neogi would avoid that.)
Stik wrote:I would love to see a Dark Sun game here. I would even run one except for the hassle of having psionics as an everyday element of the game.
Unfortunately, I know very little about Dark Sun. Never ran it, never played in it, never read the novels. I only know a few details here or there--post-apocalyptic, cannibalistic halflings, thri-keen, half-dwarves, etc. Oh and the psionics, too, yeah.

As for Spelljammer, the best way I can describe it to those who aren't familiar with it is, have you ever seen the Disney movie, Treasure Planet? It's basically that.

====================

Anyway, it sounds like we're going to have a party of dirtkickers (characters who know little to nothing about spelljamming or life beyond their own world). So we should probably have everyone start on the same world. So the next question would be, which world should we start on? This will mostly just affect what races/classes are available at the start.

1.) Toril (Forgotten Realms)
2.) Oerth (Greyhawk)
3.) Krynn (Dragonlance)
4.) Amtar (Lost Souls; my homebrew world)
5.) Other (specify)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Toril
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

JadedDM wrote:
TristenC wrote:#3, but as far as free time goes I'm pretty well booked.
But you already voted. It's too late now, the contract has been made in blood. (If you want to know how I obtained your blood, don't ask. But apropos of nothing, don't leave your bedroom window open at night. :twisted: )
I did vote for spelljammer. I commented that If I could have two votes I would have also voted for planescape.
i just figured you were the top bidder when i sold my blood on ebay [Shrug].
Also, my bedroom windows don't open. lol. nice try tho ;)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Wait, then whose blood do I have? I knew I should have double-checked that address! :lol:
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

JDM - I've played and DMed Dark Sun. It's an interesting setting. Definitely grim, definitely strange. Kind of like D&D meets Mad Max. There's a lot to like about the setting - it was pretty richly developed without requiring the players or the DM to be as thoroughly versed/indoctrinated in the lore as a setting like Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms. As I have said many times, though, the biggest problem with the setting was that psionics is pervasive. It makes it very difficult to prepare and run encounters when you need to add that element. You can't just come up with an encounter on the fly, like you would in any other setting. Instead you have to sit down with a rulebook and do a bunch of math.

We did have some really interesting times on Athas, though.
"No matter where you go, there you are."