Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

====
Appears to be everything to the passage Fin came here through.

It is still about 10 A.M
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"While a nice break is welcome, maybe some lunch. Hardly time for a night's rest. I think Correllon would be upset if I didn't at least try and use some of the prayers he granted me this morning."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Oh that would never do," agrees Linar. "So what are we going to do? Hunt worgs, go to town or Fin's passageway?"
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

"Not to inflate anybody's fragile egos, but with the exception of Jordek, you are all too big to fit in the hole" cheekily proclaims with a sly smirk.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The wild elves have been speaking quiety together, and now Indendien turns to the group. The Worg patrols are lighter during the day, but still dangerous. We will be moving East to meet up with our tribes, but we have agreed to hold off until tomorrow morning. If you wish to ambush a Worg patrol today, we will aid you.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar nods that he'd be prepared to try that and looks at Katten to see what she decides.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Snorts, there is no way my head would even fit into that little hole. Let's hunt Worgs or go to this place called town. I have this new 6 feet of Steel that I have not bloodied, yet. What is in this town? Is it a cave like this or bigger so I can walk upright?
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

“How far is this town from here? Is it several rooms from where we are located right now?” Fin inquires.
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Indendien responds about the 'towns. The town of Humans to the south is 2 days walk, above ground. I do not know if they have caves within, but there are many craftspeople and guards there. I have never been inside only watched from the forest. Lesoger is a city in the trees, truly remarkable, but a... construct.. not the way we of the forest elves choose. Still, most things one can trade for can be found there. It is nearly as far. Signa's birthplace of Quel Salas is south one day. It is a smaller community; much like your Misailloend’ath in size. she adds to Nocturno
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar suggests, "If we're ignoring Fin's hole then let's try worg hunting. Then we can go to whichever town oe settlement we need."
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip mentally sighs relief that the concensus is no one wants his "hole". "These 'worgs', are they good eating or are they something that should be hunted like a hook horror? I know little of the things you describe from where you say you live. I would like to found out about these 'trees' and such as well."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek pipes up "I'd agree with testing out the Worgs. We can test our mettle on smaller groups before tackling the main opposition and in doing so whittle the force down while we are at it."

Moving to the new arrival he strikes up conversation "Trees truly are wondrous. They come in many sizes and varieties. I'd be happy to show you around. Some make quite fine teas. Umm.. you do have teas ... erm" He points downward "umm down there right?"
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

“Yes, we have some teas. We brew them from various mushrooms and fungi found in the Underdark. Very earthy in flavor. You can catch the essence of the ground that so very refreshing. After a hard days work though nothing compares to a cup of gogondy.” Findalsip pats the bottle he has with him. “I love this elixir but I have heard for other races it is an acquired taste and at least for me the source of hours of entertainment.”
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Worgs are evil, somewhat intelligent creatures similar in form to wolves but larger. Goblins sometimes train them. If we plan to ambush a small patrol, there is no better place than in the nearby forest.

====
So what is the party plan?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I agree. This might help in multiple ways. We test our strength, and if we are successful, it may strike some fear into the goblin tribes as we continue to thwart their plans."