Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar neds agreement to the plan but remains quiet as forests aren't his expertise.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip starts quietly chanting "See the stone. Be the stone." while standing very still and blending in with his surroundings out of sheer boredom.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Nice trick. Might be useful." Katten comments in her own broken common, having listened to all the discussions she grins finally making up her mind. "Worgs. I hunt Worgs. You come, not come." She shrugs, giving a sideways glance. "I go anyway."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linear steps forwards, "I will come with you."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Agreed. Let us weaken their forces."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group resolves to hunt Worg, and The trio of Wild Elves nod their agreement. Indendien and Dillosel squeeze hands briefly before loading their bows and taking point into the forest. Dellinanth emerges from the cave just ahead of the group and keeps a sharp eye out. We have been concealing ourselves in the camp nearby where we began this morning. We have had to move camp a few times and set up decoys, but the worgs are clever. If we wish to avoid them, a fresh spot is likely wise. The patrols have been coming mostly along this path, he indicates the winding trail that runs a few dozen yards from the edge of the great pit. Pairs of them also roam the forests at random in this area, so they may not use the trail at all; but the closer to the Wetrock's Hold the more there are likely to be.

=====
How does the party want to set up their ambush?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linear looks around at those more familiar with forests then ventures, "Would a scent trail lead them to where we want?"
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip upon coming to the cave opening slows down considerably. He is taken aback by the brightness open the light streaming in. “What in the nine hells is that and what is that unsightly brownish and green stuff? Deformed mushrooms??” He immediately attempts disbelief in illusion. He grabs his holy symbol and his weapon.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno shakes his head. Then looks to more stealthy ones.

"I don't want to lose my new companion, as he got me here safely as I recovered. But we could use my mule as bait. I could even pretend to be injured beside him." He thinks he has too much practice being actually injured as of late.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek pipes up "The mule and and an injured elf would go a long way as far as bait is concerned I would think. Especially if we could get some fresh blood.." He addresses the the Cat Lady and her friends the elves. "If I may be of service in assisting camouflaging an ambush I'd be happy to help. I am, um, somewhat experienced in hiding in these environments."

While not particularly experienced in setting ambushes, Jordek is happy to assist in hiding his companions using all the techniques he learned as a young gnome.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Bad idea. An elf can hide in the forest were I can not. Climbing a tree is pretty much out of the question with hooves. I will be the bait. Blood from the Basilisk should provide scent and I can check it with my nose to see if it is there well enough. I will camp in the same spot we left this morning. They will have found it by now and will most likely recheck it later on. I will lay injured while the rest of you hide in the trees. When they get close I will spring to and can shower them with arrows.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linear looks at the others to see if they also think Bull's idea is good.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You be Bait?" Katten asks with a curious Grin, "Those Trees, grass, earth." She explains to the strange little Man (She assumed he was a man, although he looked less than a pup).

"Then we have bait, we hide use trees and grass. Strike when they not looking." That decided she regards the Bull man with appreciation.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"It's decided then," sums up Linar, grateful for Ketten's decisiveness. "Anyone still bleeding?"
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

With that decided Bull makes his way back to the camp where he found the party this morning dragging the remains of the Basilisk behind him slapping blood and entrails along the trail for good measure. Once there he drags the 6 feet of giant steel from its sheath and lays it next to him on the ground. Laying down he dabs some blood on his chest and stomach. He lays there waiting for the fun to begin. Bellowing every so often for good measure. MMMMMOOOOOO.
Last edited by Dargon Lonewolf on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.