Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread

Second Edition AD&D
A gritty, "low-fantasy" campaign in which the lines between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a war-torn borderland of a non-canon, Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Skopa
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread

Post by Skopa »

Rook says nothing, but sneers very subtly at being told what to do by a civilian, and moves to secure the caravan, trying to scare off any more visitors with [Intimidate] checks and staying within range of Ferric in case fighting breaks out again.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well, they listen to you at least." Navi comments bringing herself in closer to the Woman.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Easy now. We do not want any trouble. We thought everyone was dead here," says the uninjured villager. "We are not thieves."

Manda, now disentangled from the scattered cargo, takes a step forward, her hillman's knife in hand. She's a bit unsteady on her feet, although she doesn't appear to be injured. In other wagons there is also a bit of movement as the caravanners who had sought shelter begin to poke their heads out. So far, though, there is no sign of Manda's father.

Of the caravan's eight wagons, each with a team of four horses, four appear relatively undamaged, although some of the horses are injured and at least two are dead. Two wagons are on fire, although their respective horses are no longer hitched to them. Two wagons are overturned.

More villagers are gathering around the wagons, distracted from picking through the battlefield by the scene playing out before them.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Can I help you?" She asks, bringing herself close to this new woman, offering her free hand she rests the crossbow in the other, wincing as the pain shot through her leg once more, later she'd have to check it, right now she needed to focus on survival.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

Inquiring of the villager (while wrapping a relatively clean piece of cloth round my wound) "Who was it that burned the town? and were the Legion soldiers helping them or you"

Looking to the girl Manda. "Lets get this mess straightened out. Where is your kin? You in charge now?"

Then head for MY wagon to put things to right
" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Manda tells Navi: "Find my father. He was in the first wagon. Or my uncle. Please."

The village man addresses Ferric: "Imps. We have been seeing scouts for a week or two, on and off. We sent word to our baron for help five days ago. His cavalry got here right when you did, and right when the imps did." He looks toward the village, where a few structures are on fire. "I guess the imps started fires out of spite."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can help you, but.. You'll have to describe them, I'm not exactly a paying Customer.." She glances around each wagon, "Lead wagon correct?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

Rook says nothing, but goes to the lead wagon to see if there's anything left. He brings his weapons, and is always watching the horizon.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Navi and Rook head to the lead wagon. The horses have been separated from this wagon, and the driver, now dead, sits slumped in the bench, with two pila protruding from his body.

There are a number of bodies in the area, some legionnaires, some caravan folk. Rook recognizes the caravan master by his blonde hair. He, too, has pilum protruding from his torso, but bears additional wounds from swords, suggesting that he fought on after being struck.

Nearby, between the first and second wagon, the caravan master's brother lies on the ground, injured but alive, and still holding an axe in his hand.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I am no healer, but he's dead right?" Navi asks the warrior, wincing in pain as she kneels by the dead man, "Is he her Father?" She asks, shaking her blonde tresses in disgust, life was sacred, she had seen enough death.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

Rook sighs. "It's war, is what it is. We got to be the lucky ones this time. I don't know if I can save the kid, but I'm sure somewhere in this caravan is some kind of healing agent. A potion is probably the only thing that'll work. We should be ransacking this while we can anyway."
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

Ferris looks to the task of getting the survivors settled and under some kind organized discipline. (recovering livestock, belonging, etc)

To DM: What shape is MY wagon & Armor workshop?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

At the front of the caravan (Navi and Rook):

The caravan master himself is beyond help, barring a major miracle, which in Rook’s battlefield experience is just not going to happen. A sad thing, too. He was a good man – generous and friendly to his employees.
His brother, however, would likely see tomorrow if he were to receive a small amount of help soon. His wounds are certainly life threatening, but not necessarily fatal.
(Might now be a good time to mention that Rook's job is to guard this caravan?)

At the middle of the caravan (Ferric):

A few of the caravan workers have now come out of cover, including Manda’s betrothed, who is sporting a cut on his scalp which is bleeding profusely (as scalp wounds tend to do) but seems steady on his feet. He is armed with a short spear and a buckler, and moves to Manda's side.
Ferric’s own wagon seems more or less intact, although the mule pulling it is on the ground, a pilum sticking out of its side.

Actions, please.
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

If the mule is still alive, Ferric tries to ascertain whether pulling out the pilum would help or cause more damage to the creature - he is more accustomed to causing injury, than repairing it - but he wants to alleviate the pain in his ass "Sorry, can't help it!". He tries patching the animal up.

If the mule is beyond help, starts helping the others while thinking about how obtain a replacement draft animal
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"War is awful." Navi responds and kneels by the Man, "Get me something, a cloth or anything, I can stop him bleeding, then you can find something to heal him." laying the crossbow down and tearing his shirt she begins (rather clumsily) to stop the bleeding. "What are you? Caravan Guard?" Flicking back the strands of blonde she knew she would have to cut later, cut and colour, here right now she stood out like a spot on a princess.

Borderlands 3 - Navi