Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread

Second Edition AD&D
A gritty, "low-fantasy" campaign in which the lines between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a war-torn borderland of a non-canon, Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread

Post by Jenara »

"Do you really want to fight?" The Young woman asks, the crossbow leveled as she watches the man fall to the ground, the Axe biting into his flesh as she catches sight of the men looting the wagon.

(Is she close enough to the Wagon they are looting to see what has them interested?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

@ Jen: Yes, she is. So is Gretyl.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Are those men with you?" She Asks moving to the wagon and past the other woman the way she held her mace left her worried and elated at the same time. "Do.. do you have idea what happened?" She asks nervously, casting an eye over the wagon.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

Justinian lines up with Ferric's shield and takes an attack on the first person to come too close.

Init [1d10+9] = 9+9 = 18, Halberd To Hit [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7, Halberd Damage [1d10+3] = 6+3 = 9
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

At the fight:
Ferric manages to close the distance with the spearman, taking a glancing blow from spear in the process, and reaches over the man's scutum to strike at his head. Ferric's axe does not manage to cut through the standard-issue helm, but the blow is fatal nonetheless, and the man falls backwards.
The swordsman takes advantage of Ferric's position to strike at Ferric's arm, but the blow fails to penetrate his mail.
As he is recovering, Rook swings his halberd powerfully over Ferric's shoulder aiming, but the legionnaire manages to avoid the slow-moving weapon.

At the wagons:
Navi sees two men peering into the wagon, which is on its side. Some of the cargo has spilled out - metal cooking pots and dishes, and several rolled carpets. Upon hearing Navi's voice, they look up. One of them appears to be sizing her up, as if he might attack her with the hatchet in his hand. The other reaches out and puts a hand on the man's shoulder, as if to pull him away.

Next round. Actions and rolls, please.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I have no quarrel with you, or with anyone." Navi offers, not letting go of the crossbow, "You need these things don't you?" shaking her head lightly at the carnage and the mess caused by Humans, back in Celene she would.. She would what? Hide like a little Girl probably, "Take what you want, it matters little to me." Stepping away from the wagon once more she watches the fight, ready to help if needed, someone had to.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

Rook switches up his grip and tries to lance this punk again.
Init [1d10+9] = 1+9 = 10, Halberd To Hit [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 , Halberd Damage [1d10+3] = 2+3 = 5

Skopa - I made your roll for you this time. Do me a favor next time and do it yourself. When attacking with the halberd, the macro you should input into unseenservant.com is: Init [1d10+9], Halberd To Hit [1d20+1], Halberd Damage [1d10+3]
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

At the fight:
Ferric's axe blow badly injures the legionnaire, although he does manage to get a shot of his own in on Ferric (Ferric takes 2 hit points damage) before Rook spears the man with the point of his halberd, finishing him.
The two nearby villagers, seeing the last man fall, step an and pummel the three fallen legionnaires. It is unclear whether this is to be thorough, or because they are angry, or just for show.
There are no living legionnaires nearby, although the villagers continue to kill the wounded.

At the wagons:
One of the two villagers stares at Navi, his grain flail in hand as if holding the elf at bay, while his companion pulls away a tarp on the wagon, then jumps back in surprise, holding his forearm.
Manda, the caravan master's daughter, pokes her head and shoulders from the wreck, holding a curved knife as long as her forearm - nearly a sword. She's shaken and bloodied, and still tangled amidst the jumbled contents of the wagon, but not ready to back down. "You want something? You will have to pay for it."
Gretyl, the priestess, drops the reins of her mule and approaches, weapon in hand, to stand with Manda.
The village men stand uncertain. The were looking for loot, not a fight.

Next round. Actions, please.
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

Ferric starts back to check on his wagon he looks around at the villagers, " Take any food and leave, anything else just ain't worth what it would cost you"

Staying alert for stupid moves on the villagers part, he heads for the caravan & the survivors

If Necessary:
Initiative: [1d10+6] = 8+6 = 14, To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 8+7 = 15

To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 1+7 = 8
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Step away from her. Now." She warns, turning once again, this time she comes to the aid of the Girl, although she looked like she could defend herself. "Reconsider, is it really worth a fight? Worth killing someone?" She had seen enough die already, damn, was she really that jaded at her young age?

"Navi." She speaks the single word in Elven, (translated to "Loss" in Common) readying the crossbow.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

Justinian shakes the blood off the point of his halberd, flipping it neatly as he ambles after Ferric, so as to [Intimidate] any onlookers from trifling with us as we gather the spoils of our mixed fortune. He takes a moment to dignify his wardrobe from the choices available, looking for a greatcoat to go over his armor.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

The villager that Manda slashed stands holding his forearm, from his expression he's clearly angry, but he's also weaponless, having dropped the hatchet he'd been carrying. His friend looks uncertain, seeing the dwarf and man with their bloodied weapons in hand.

Manda, still somewhat entangled but working to get her feet on even ground, calls out: "Rook, get over here and do your job. Secure the wagons."

Rook has no time for shopping (even if he did, there's nothing in the vicinity but the caravan and dead soldiers).

Amidst the caravan wagons, there are signs of movement. Manda was not the only one on board to survive.

Actions, please. and rolls if needed.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I think you should step away now. And play nice." Navi aims the crossbow in the direction of the looters, Pick your battles, know when to retreat, and when to fight a voice in her head whispered gently, her connection to the Elven song was like talking to someone underwater, the voices muted, the words hard to grasp.

"I assume you are all on the side of Survial?" She calls, her accent more apparent as she raises the volume. "Help these people, I'll cover you." Waving the crossbow in an ark, she throws the loose strands of blonde from her eyes with a flip of her head.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

Saying to Rook: "Kid, this was a clusterfuck! Still not sure which group was initially raiding the caravan, only those who seemed to be defending it. "Thanks for covering my back"

Still keeping peripherally aware of the villagers, I start checking on wounded, wagons, and my equipment. as a second thought - inquire about a healer for a "band aid" for my minor cut/puncture.

Again, if necessary:
Initiative: [1d10+6] = 8+6 = 14, To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 8+7 = 15
To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 1+7 = 8

Note to DM: above rolls are from previous post - I HATE wasting a "Critical hit roll"