Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread

Second Edition AD&D
A gritty, "low-fantasy" campaign in which the lines between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a war-torn borderland of a non-canon, Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Skopa
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread

Post by Skopa »

"He's my mule, his name is Homer, and he's worth more than you're paying me," he murmurs, distracted. "There you go, Homer. You don't gotta carry me yet. Let's go pretend we're inspecting stuff."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Having handed over the purse and seeing everyone was getting on the Young woman takes a seat on an upturned barrel, crossbow in hand. She had helped where she could, but now she sat, waiting, and just a little lost.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

To Manda: You running things now? I suggest you consolidate things. make sure if we're not moving, that we set out pickets for the evening - the villagers are in a bad way, and might think to improve their outlook from some of the caravans supplies.

Going back to my wagon and secure everything. It may be a long night!
" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Manda does not comment at Rook’s insubordination, but her brows say volumes.

After the wagons have been sorted out, and parked in something approximating a circle away from the battlefield, the caravan’s cook, surprisingly, begins preparing the evening meal. The meal is served shortly before sundown, and when people have mostly finished eating, Manda climbs up onto the sideboard of one of the wagons. Flanked by her uncle on one side and her betrothed on the other she addresses the group.

“We have been hit hard. We are all hurting. We are all mourning. First thing tomorrow we bury our dead. Then we get to work repairing the damaged wagons and we get out of this place. I want to put this place behind us at dawn, day after tomorrow. The imps took a hard hit today, and were driven off, so we should not see them again in force. But there may be stragglers looking for supplies, so tonight we stay sharp. Sleep in shifts, with lookouts on patrol.

“Peter will supervise the wagon repairs. Ferric, I would have you set up your forge and assist him with any needed iron work. You will be compensated. If we need any lumber or other materials we do not have on hand, Gared will negotiate with the villagers.

“My uncle and I are going to see the village headman shortly. Navi, I would like you to come with us. Rook, if you can possibly bear to part with that mule you are coming, too. All you need to do is stand behind us and look dangerous. Do you think you can handle that?”
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Staying seated she lifts her head, listening curiously as the Girl speaks.

"Sure, not like I have anywhere else to go." Standing she brushes off her cloak, adjusts the furred collar and slings the crossbow onto her back and places a hand on the hilt of the ornate sword hilt. "Just say the word."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

Ferric turns looking back towards the wagon mental laying out his workspace, already feeling the warmth of the glowing coals and the weight of malleable metal.
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

"Hey..." Rook says to Navi. "You look really light. You should ride Homer. It'll give you a better vantage point if you have to shoot."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Light? I suppose I probably am? That sounds like a deal, when we get going. If.. Well we'll see." Her posture relaxes a little as she moves a little closer to them.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

Rook leads Homer by the rope and looks big and grim. "Anything can happen. But it better not."
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

The villagers have a meeting going in full swing as Manda and Gared, with Rook and Navi in tow, approach. There is no village hall, and with the pub partially burned down, the villagers have gathered in the market square. A few of the people have brought benches or chairs but most are standing. The village children are also present, but have been set off to one side, with the older ones looking over the smaller ones. Seated on a large wooden chair, not quite a throne, but clearly built to show his importance, is a tall man with short cropped hair and slightly better clothes than the rest. He listens with some irritation to the conversation around him.

The villagers at the meeting are mostly look like simple farmers, but to Rook’s eye there are certainly a few veteran soldiers among them. Almost all are human, although there two dwarves and one woman with an elven cast to her features. And, looking slightly out of place, sitting on a fence rail away from the gathered villagers but watching closely, is a child dressed in expensive but worn clothing.

The conversation, as the four from the caravan approach, is centered on an upcoming mission to their local baron, whose cavalry routed the imperial century just hours ago. Some of the villagers are arguing that their baron has failed them, as the cavalry did not arrive in time to prevent the village from attack. Others are defending him, given that the cavalry arrived in time to save the village and succeeded in routing the imps, despite being substantially outnumbered. Some are demanding a permanent garrison in the village, while others argue that this would strain the village’s resources and also restrict their liberty. One of the more vocal men wears a bandage on one arm – the man that Manda had slashed a few hours before. Seeing the foursome approach, he nudges his two companions, but continues to argue against requesting a garrison and also for demanding reparations from the baron for the losses suffered in the attack. When he runs out of breath, and others begin debating the merits of his suggestion, he and his nearest companions move closer together and begin talking quietly.

Manda stops a few feet short of the audience and stands listening to the debate, and says quietly to Navi: “Use those ears, listen to the villagers, and learn what you can, but don’t wander too far.” Then, to Rook, she says: “Watch those three. I don’t like the look of them.”
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

Since he left the military because he was tired of others deciding his future actions in general - and with the proviso that he has no immediate tasks that need attending to, Ferric wanders over to the meeting to hear the discussion.

Knowing the talent people have to assign blame to others ( and avoid personal responsibility), he pays particular attention to anyone advocating any positive actions, or anyone who looks out of place
Skopa
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Skopa »

Though silent, Rook's eyes dare the three familiar faces to try something, his whole posture promising to do more than slash them. The other thing he watches is Ferric, who can take care of himself for sure, but might attract more dissidents.
Anything can happen.
It better fucking not.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Navi inclines her head in understanding, pulling the all too expensive cloak around her slim figure she begins to work her way slowly, and discreetly towards the people, her postion is no more than six foot from the others yet somehow she appeared distant..

Slightly apart her Elven ears listened as she watches the group.

[1d100] = 12 Pass.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

After a short break, the bandaged man resumes his harangue, showing no awareness of anything beyond his own circumstances and throwing every possible complaint he has into the mix.

The village headman listens to him with the same exasperated look as a parent of an unruly child acting up in church. He has a fair number of villagers muttering support, but his two closest companions have moved away from him, and appear to have left the lamp lit square.

As Ferric arrives, the two dwarves in the crowd nod to him in greeting, but the rest of the crowd fails to acknowledge his arrival, not even clearing a space for him to approach.
Garbick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Garbick »

Gradually working his way towards the other dwarves - "gently" edging people aside, Ferric asks them (in Dwarfish)

1 - What they think of the present situation
2 - What were the circumstances leading up to it.
3 - Do the villagers have a problem with demi-humans?
4 - Do they know where I can find a mule or draft horse?

He's remains wary of the general tension of the gathering