Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]

The (Original!) Tomb of Horrors!!!
S1 by the great Gygax 1978. Everything adapted to 2e. This is NOT the Return to ToH written for 2e

Labyrinth of Madness!!! Previously Concluded (by TPK)
S6 by Monte Cook from 1995. Designed for 2e. IMHO this one is the tougher of the two, but not by much.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Heart of Darkness... [Main Game Thread]

Post by Nocturno »

From around the corner.

"Sounds good. Make sure you press my Brother Bryce into action as well."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galan flies down the pit. He holds his Mandolin and while flying near Bryce and Tabbi he plays several stimulated accords. "Rise and shine!" he flashes a smile at them. When he reaches the bottom he checks if there is a passage. If there is nothing obvious he will search for secret doors.

===================================================================
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Once everybody is done completing the search Zafron will lower the ladder in the pit and start hammering the spikes.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Let me help you with the ladder." Galan says and hold it while carefully flying down.

======================================================
(OOC: Good to see you all back.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Galan doesn't see anything obvious and begins his search for secret doors (is he flying the whole time even while in the bottom of the pit?)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

(OOC: Yes. He is flying and lets Zafron or Tabby check the floor.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Galan spends 20 minutes flying back and forthh searching the pit walls. Finally when he is done the ladder is lowered and Zafron descends to begin hammering spikes. (Will tabby be checking the floor then?)
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Yes, Tabbi will check the floor for traps being careful not he fall on any spikes.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galan flies back up and chats with Van and Faladair. "We are doing well so far... Hope we can find the source of the plague soon." And he plays calm somewhat sad tune.

==============================
(OOC: I remember the boots have some time limit usage per day but couldn't find it in the character page. Could you please remind me what was it? Thanks.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(yeah 2 hrs total per day, he has used it for just over an hour by this point with the searching and previous efforts. where is he while Tabbi is searching?)

Zafron begins the arduous task of hammering down the hundreds of spikes as Tabbi continues forward to examine the ground. Just as she reaches the final few feet of the pit she halts. There is something going on with the floor at the edge here... but I'm not sure what..
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galan stops his tune on the Mandolin for a moment and says down the pit, "Maybe Zafron can check too and give his opinion...". Then he starts playing again the music, focusing on sharpening the mind perception and the instincts.

===============================================================
(OOC: Galan is back up, near the pit edge, talking with the people who left up and playing soft tunes on the Mandolin. Hopefully giving +1 to the rogues searches, and if not then just +1 to the general mood. :)
If Zafron will fail understanding what's going on, I'm not sure if Faladair can cast detect magic or not, since it is not in Italic font, but I think last time he cast it in the place with the fog, it was still today? Anyway, someone else with detect traps/magic?)
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"What's that Tabbi? You need be to come and take a look?" Zafron will stop the hammering. "Tabbi move back and let me see." Zafron will look for any shifting floors and pits.
1 to 4 on a die 6 to detect shifting walls or room.
1 to 3 to detect stonework traps, pits, and deadfalls.

If he doesn't find anything he will get Bryce to take a look.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Zafron approaches the area and considers it carefully, but it does not appear like any of the stonework itself is capable of moving or falling away.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Maybe it was built later to hide something underneath? Tabbi, what seems off? Is it not level with the rest of the floor? Is the color different?" Galan tries his own architectural experience which is obviously no match to that of the dwarves brothers. "Maybe you can take cover and we put enough weight on it. Do you see anything that may match the part key we found in the mummies room?"
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Galan I like your thinking. Did we find anything heavy in one of the other room that we can through in that pace that Tabbi is concerned about?"