Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Untangling the Webs - Everyone

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Untangling the Webs - Everyone

Post by Nocturno »

After the first hour of group study the first of the ordered food arrives.
Each participant seems to find fragments here and there, and with further study some information starts to get pieced together.

Everyone stops for a meal break, polite small talk is made, and everyone seems refreshed.

After the meal Renwick heads down to train with the dummies.

The rest of the group continue to delve into the texts. They don’t find much but they do find a few fragments of history.

This Assassin group started as a family the Matriarchy mandated that all breeding would be selective to produce offspring of the most ruthless and morally malleable type.

Other than some history on the symbol of the typical spider symbology of a Drow family, by all accounts the group/family should no longer exist. But obviously they are here, alive and well.

After everyone has finished reading, and eating, a large man-sized gate will open in the middle of the room. The Lord of the House stumbles through, and collapses. Obviously beaten.

“My…my contacts… They set me up. It wasn’t them at my meeting. Two drow got the drop on me. My contingency spells are the only thing that saved me. Call the servants. Here, here this was the address.”

He drops a note, and his head lolls over to one side.

Scant moments after he collapses, Lorbin bursts through the door and hovers over Frugold.

”Can any of you help him?”
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly immediately runs toward the fallen and tries to help anyway he can.

=========================================================
(OOC: If he have cure wounds he will cast it and so will use Medicine for whatever effect it have.
Cure wounds: [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7
Medicine: [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15)
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Adrik will get up from the table to be on the ready. "Looks like we are going to be busy tonight."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Being unable to provide any significant medical help GG keeps out of the way but looks for Lorbin for orders.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

"Fix the holes in him? No. Fix the holes in his clothes? Yes." Tornak says as he moves closer. Once he is close enough to pickup the note dropped by the lord, he does so. Provided someone is helping the lord, Tornak will try to read (or make sense) of what is on the note the lord dropped.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Flatbelly reaches the Lord. Quickly assessing he was attacked by experts. The cuts and bruises placed to cause the most pain rather being lethal.

When he starts to cast his healing spell everyone sees Lorbin jump up. "Override Alpha Lemon Orange Rectangle Banana Ice Nectar!"

Everyone hears a small chime. The casting of the heal goes as planned. Most of the wounds heal, but you can tell he is still not feeling well.

"Thank you. It seems Lorbin chose well."

He then seems to drift off to sleep, with a steady breathing pattern.

"Damned poison. I will get him to his room, and an antidote. You all can investigate the address?"

Tornak will hold the paper and see an address. With his knowledge of Shagos, being a native to Cladmont, he knows this was not in a "nice" part of town.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG notes silently that the overide is based on an important person's name and thereafter asks, "The address, what do we know about it?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly nodes politely at the compliment and after the lord is transferred he says, "These wounds... someone intended to hurt the lord significantly, yet leave him alive. Like a threat I would think." and then looks at the others interested in what knowledge they have of this address.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Tornak will relay that it is on the Shallow Dock Island. In an area called the Shark Cage.

It will take about 2 hours to get there, walking and the ferry ride.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly packs some sandwiches to the road and is ready to go with the rest.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"What do we know about 'Shallow Dock Island'? And about the 'Shark Cage' area?" persists GG.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

As the only native to the area Tornak finds a map in the papers they had been researching.

He points to the Island on the map, in the Western quadrant close to the shore.

He will relay that it is mostly either abandoned or run down housing.
Minor gang activity. The Dock hands keep the area safe, as they are working typically at all times of day.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Well, I suppose we should go there..." Flatbelly offers.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"If there's nothing else we should know about it then I agree, we should head off now," answers GG.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Agreed"