Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Untangling the Webs - Everyone

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone

Post by Nocturno »

The evening passes by without a hitch, everyone feasts and drinks to their fill, GG and Rayman spend around an hour in the library going over the mostly trashy novel, but it has an odd resemblance to part of their current investigation.

Adrik and Renwick head to bed, the fighters weary from their exploits.

Tornak realizes the craftsmen he found were at the Onyxarm house, not here at the Frugold's. He heads to a bed and starts to scheme up how to deliver the Drow poison with his hand crossbow.

Broggdar seen to be at times withdrawn and rubbing the places his bonds were in place, clearly thinking of his family, or his revenge.

In the morning GG will bring his theory up with Lorbin. The reply will be "unlikely" as the side effects of the drug are very obvious. It would take a great fortitude to withstand it for more than a day or two.

================
Ninja'd lol
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Before turning in, GG offers, "Rayman, did you want to compare spellbookss? See if I've got any spells you want, and vice versa? Maybe we can get some special scribing ink from Lorbin.."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Sure!" Flatbelly answers with delight. Learning is as best as things can get for him. "What fields do you practice?"

=========================================================
(OOC: Can you access my character sheet? You can see there all spells. If you want we can role play it, but it may be long... :)

BTW, usually when I play mages I don't share spells, even tat it is less efficient to the group. I believe that mages are in general very jealous for their hard life time research and work. They suffer hell to find the abilities and spells. Exception is the guild and academy.
BUT - Flatbelly is a strange fellow. Crawled out of the depth. Raised by his ever giving mother and priest of the nature god that also teach to give and live in harmony. So he really likes to share knowledge.

)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Creative combat, I would say, but that sounds pretentious, so perhaps I won't," GG smiles, growing fond of the unusual self-procalimed subterranean. "Here, have a look for yourself." He plonks his spellbook on the librabry table and pats it affectionately.

======
No, I can't see your private stuff. But I have send you GG's list (of known spells) on PM.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly carefully flips through the book immediately trying to figure out all the text, notes and paintings. The smell of the leather wrapping and the smudges of the ink excites him and is mind opens to the Arcane. Without further ado he goes right to the details and starts asking GG technical questions about his revelations. Pointing to the texts he asks, "Are you sure about it? I was thinking the same, but never could prove it and I know a host of mages that just thought this is ridiculous. This is amazing." Then he goes back a page, thinks for a moment and then, "Yeah... That's must be it, I see now." He looks up to face GG and say, "You are a genius!", and then he pokes his nose back at the book flipping few pages forward and starts mumbling to himself, "Hmm.. Aha... Interesting... GG, I think this can be optimized. Look here..." and this goes on and on for a long time. All tiredness completely gone.

==================================================================
(OOC: I sent you back my list.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Lorbin won't be reached in the night, but in the morning he will provide the supplies for each of you to copy 1 spell.

A hot breakfast will be available any time the group decides to wake up.

==========================================================================================

Going to start a new chapter, and get some XPs up for you guys.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG shakes his head, "Genius? Maybe, maybe not. I just do the best I can with what I've got." He scratches an ear and goes silent for a long time while perusing. "Some of these are rather interesting. Nice job. I like your condensed script, too! Sorry, I was miles away.. Oh yes, genius? Yes, that's what the builders of this city are. It's simply amazing. Anyway, if you've done, it's probably time to catch some rest. We can try to talk to Lorbin in the morning. G'night, Rayman."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly find it hard to tear himself from the spellbooks, but he nods in agreement and after carefully wrapping the books back, goes to sleep.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Tornak spends his evening feverishly scrawling notes and diagrams and flipping through any bestiaries he can find and noting any creatures that have natural poisons and what they might do to their victims.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

The night comes to a peaceful close with the promise of adventure and spelunking in the Party's near future.

The wizards are both able to record 1 new spell for no cost, with supplies supplied by Lorbin.

Locking this thread for now. I will open a new one when I an prepared for the next chapter.

Likely this week.