Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

After Sir Karl reaches the ledge, the face of Adrestia emerges next from the fog as the dusky-hued fighter climbs the rope. Draped over her shoulder is the form of the Kender, who is soon hauled away by those at ground level by the rope about his waist. The fighter-woman climbs easily using the sticky webbing to steady her legs, and her not-inconsiderable strength to pull herself free with each step. Artanis appears next, followed closely by Pytor.

Before long, all of the missing stand on the brink of the ledge above the rolling misty chasm...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Hey, we're all here!" comments Jerry. "You think this is as good a place as any to take an hour for a Nap spell?"

======
Tristan, Nap can only be effective on willing targets
Would you allow that to be the case on the two fallen?
Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

===
I would say that the unconscious could be considered willing targets for Jerry. That said, those knocked unconscious will need 24 hours to recover before they can act normally [ from the death's door rules]. It would reduce their necessary rest time by 8 hours however. It would not allow Elsa to relearn her spells immediately.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry explains that the "Nap" spell she is proposing to cast renders the recipients into a deep sleep for one hour thence awakening with all the benefits of 8 hours' sound sleep.

As an afterthought she adds, "Did we come away with any information or items from that bone tower? Other than a good beating, I mean."

Unless the party want to move on from here, Jerry will cast Nap on the two fallen, herself and one other*.

======
*The party can decide the 4th person (prior to the casting).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(4th Person should be Pytor or Adrestia, both are badly injured)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can't believe.. I'm so glad to see you all!" Hugging everyone in turn (even Art) Mira refuses the spell if its offered, "We need our fighters up and running, Pytor and Adrestia took serious damage protecting everyone. Help them, I'll keep watch." Her spirits lifted she shakes her head at the question from Jerry, "Sorry, no."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Karl accepts the hug with more than a little discomfort, he lowers himself to his knees by the ground near Elsa and the fallen Kender and does all he can to make them comfortable.

"This isn't exactly the safest place to rest, but between us we can do what we can to keep you all safe." Karl takes postion and lays the sword across his lap, still eyeing Jerry with some worry and concern.

(Bend bars: Simple [1d20] = 17 pass)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Will do," says Jerry returning the hug. With a brief, "Hugs for you, too, Merrick!" as she get close to him. "Watch my butt while I'm asleep, huh?" She smiles mischievously.

After making the Elsa and Pyros as comfortable as possible Jerry says, "Pytor, if you please, come and get ready to rest next to this pair and me." She settles down on her bedroll and casts Nap on the four of them.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"What was it like down there?" Mira asks taking a postion near the Knight Mira pats his leg softly, "I'm not going to eat you, I promise. So what was it like? Adran said he saw a coin, was that you?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"It.." Karl flinches at her touch, his hand going to remove the offending appendage, "I am not used to such displays of affection, my Lady. As a Knight-" He begins to speak, but Mira coughs. "Yes, it was strange, like the mists stopped us from falling, I grabbed Pyros and threw him towards the Bridge, I didn't think of myself, just and I surprised myself, I thought of saving the Kender." He allows himself a small laugh, his eyes going to the hand on his leg, trying not to focus on it.

"I thought I was going to fall into my Gods embrace, and then. There I was, hanging in space, when I saw Adrestia climbing up, I was quite shocked. She hooked me like a fish on a line and after we found Pyros, here I am." He grins, thanking the woman, with a nod of his head.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Knights? Do you want to know what I was doing before I came here? I was a dancer in a Club in Palanthalas, your Knights, they used to pile in, I'm sure there are a lot of good ones, you for example, the shining light of what a Knight should be, saving a Kender over yourself. I'm glad to have you at my side." She smiles, leaning in, her head resting on his strong armored shoulder.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry hugs Merrick, the later wincing from his injuries but not avoiding her embrace. In fact, he returns it strongly almost as if clinging to her for an anchor in the world.

Pytor manages not to glare at the knight, but only just. He moves towards Jerry at her bidding, considering the offer dubiously. Will you be able to wake me if there is... his head turns slightly towards the others but he stops himself. If we are attached or there is some kind of trouble?

Artanis peers into the rolling mist of the chasm beside them.

====
So is everyone content to set up camp here in the large cavern?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
Jerry is happy to relocate first if that is the general feeling. (Although not sure where to.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That I do not know about. However perhaps resting here, so close to the edge is unadvisable. I will find somewhere safer." He stands, discreetly moving Mira's head, before glancing back at her. "Would you like to assist?"

(Any chance of putting the map back up?)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

=====
Absolutely
-bottom right corner is the pit Pyros fell in with the Centipedes where Pytor found the gold wolf statue
-red lines show the borders of the black mists where Sir Karl's Sword disappeared.
-there are 2 unexplored paths; Upper Left corner and Upper Center of the map
Attachments
Screenshot_20200731-182622_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200731-182622_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg (160.55 KiB) Viewed 9949 times