Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Sir Karl Mordrane Sularia (Jerrard)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Sir Karl Mordrane Sularia (Jerrard)- Private Thread

Post by TristenC »

Timing the falling haft with his eyes, the well-trained knight catches hold, just as it is about to pass beyond his reach. The gypsy woman begins to draw the other side back towards her slowly, like one guiding a boat cautiously to shore by a line. She turns the polearm awkwardly as sir Karl swings with it. As he is drawn nearer the wall, he can see Artanis holding to the rope below her! And below that, he barely makes out the head of Pytor through the thick fog! The latter doesn't seem terribly thrilled to see the knight.

Each of the three fighters have their feet set firmly on the sticky, bone-webbed path and their hands on the rope. Though the sound of rushing wind is still present, Adrestia still manages audible conversation. Gods, I wasn't sure if it was you or some trick in the mists. I certainly didn't think to ever see a fully armored knight hovering in mid air! she cracks a small, sideways grin. The climbing isn't hard, the webs will keep your feet from slipping. It takes some strength to pull free each step, so the going is slow. She moves the ranseur so that he is in reach of the line. Grab on, and up you go. I think we have all had quite enough of this particular pit.

====
For 17+ strength, no check is needed for the webs
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I thank you My Lady. I am done with this too, but, I need to find Pyros, I threw him at the web as I fell." Karl raises his hand to them all begins to ascend, at least for now. "I will go up, then look once more, perhaps a little lighter." He takes the position before the Gypsy woman, lest she fear he might watch her behind. (And her Brother get more upset.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sir Karl begins to ably ascend the rope. The sticky webbing, whilst a nuisance, was a somewhat stabilizing factor and allowed for rest when needed in his armor. Before he had climbed what seemed to be a handful of paces, the small booted foot of the Kender comes into view. Karl soon reaches him to find the diminutive rogue stuck in the web rather like a new-caught fly... It might take some finesse or planning to free him without risk of dropping...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Doing something he never thought he would do the Knight sighs in relief as the Kender appears, thinking quickly he calls down to the Gypsy woman, "We need tie him to the end of the rope, and push him away and then pull him up. I don't know how long this magic lasts."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

She nods and calls down to Artanis. The ranger unfastens a length of rope from his gear and passes it up to Adrestia, who passes it farther to Karl.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

(oops, Sorry!)

Using the rope Karl wraps the loose end around Pyro's waist, before tying loops in the rope, folding them end over each to form a tight knot but one that wouldn't break, his father had called it a Bowline, something he had barely used but somehow it felt right. Tying the other end to his own body in the same way he prepares to climb once more, Kender safety in tow.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The knight takes his time to get the knot right before securing himself to the unconscious Kender. He ascends a short distance until the line between them is tight, and Adrestia pulls Pyros free of the web. Together the group continues their climb through the misty pit...
At first, sounds from above seem faint, but quickly voices can be picked up more readily of those above. Something is oppressing the passage of sound drastically, but after no more than another 30 feet of climbing, Karl's head breaks past the surface of the mists!

The top of the ledge is no more than 10 feet above him, where several of the other party members struggle against the rope as they try to bring those in the mists up! It is no wonder they have not made more progress with the weight of the three fighters in full armor on the line...

[back to main please ^_^]
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

[1d10] = 7 +2 (Con) so 9 hp

He will have a +1 with Mace.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

I think I have it, but how to figure out how Karl would work it out.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

seems like you're on the right track. There's no reason for him not to just try something like that
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Provided no one objects to him going next]

Karl passes through the portal and finds himself standing on a cold stone floor, surrounded by fog. There is an eerie glow to the mist, but he cannot see any features through it in any direction except for the stone beneath his feet. Pyros is nowhere in sight
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Lady Mira? If you can hear me, I need you to come to my voice." Karl calls out, hoping she hasnt walked or moved too far, the Kender he knew would be somewhere.. Gods he could be anywhere.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Karl calls out, but recieves no response; not even an echo
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Which direction does the stone go? (Ie if Pyros and the others went on, could he go after them?)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Karl looks around, but there is no sign that anyone is or has ever been here.

=====
not so much a path to follow as a wide open cavern like room too full of fog to see the edges