Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Umberlee's Temple - Everyone

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Umberlee's Temple - Everyone

Post by Nocturno »

Rayman and GG along with Lorbin and their ward enter the temple.
entry.png
entry.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 21812 times
(Replace the folks at the end of the hall with 2 duos of Tritons and Water Elementals standing guard and a large arching doorway. The large wooden iron bound doors opened all the way.)

Just as they are seated, or in a position to stop and check their surroundings the other party enters the building.

Yongoth leads the trio and lord into the temple.

"Yongoth you salty old codger you almost beat us here this time." Lorbin will say lightheartedly.

"Lorbin, brother! You look like you have aged 10 years since I saw you just a month ago!"

The Dwarves embrace in a hearty handshake.

Shortly after the Dwarves greet each other the young Lords will let back their hoods.

"Foggy! I was worried I was going to be dealing with ol' Frugal!" Exclaims Lunmumi.

"You better not let him hear you calling him that Lun!" Fogworth returns.

They also will greet each with a somewhat intricate handshake.

The young Lords will look over their counterparts bodyguards.

"Three guards? Are your parents really that worried?" Fogworth quips.

Before Lunmumi can respond the loud crack of the guards heels hitting the floor in attention sounds.

Through the door you will see a Female Triton obviously a priestess of Umberlee.

"Please follow me."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone

Post by Chris1234 »

GG stays alert, eyes everywhere, cue from Lrbin, staying close to the Lord as is appropriate.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"AH, Fimlyn, a pleasure as always."
triton cleric.jpg
triton cleric.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 21805 times
She raises her eybrow.
"I'm sure it is." She turns around. "Follow me." She will say in an exasperated tone.

Following her into the altar room you will see a large very interesting room.
wateraltar.png
wateraltar.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 21805 times
Double guards at each doorway, marked by X.
WTemple.jpg
WTemple.jpg (187.05 KiB) Viewed 21805 times
Your footfalls echo in the chamber, accompanied by drips and gurgling water.

She leads you to the meeting room.
meetroom.jpg
meetroom.jpg (582.84 KiB) Viewed 21805 times
Lorbin and Yongoth both quickly do a circuit around the room, clearly checking for something. They both seem to have special glasses on. Both seem satisfied with their inspection.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG maintains his guarding as before, including looking up.

=======
OOC: The atmospheric pix are superb
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly wonders why Lorbin has aged so much in one month... Obviously they are worried about the refugees or the Blur situation, but it might be also time travel that no one but Lorbin himself is aware of. He will look at all the other party members carefully and give respectful gesture if one meet his eyes. Careful listen to the words exchange between the Female Triton and the others reveal that Tritons are not very strong with the way of the common people, also seem to lack humor. Pretty much like himself. As far as he can tell the meeting started on the right foot. He follows the others.

==============================================================================================
(OOC: Indeed great pics. Can you please mark the location of the altar (is it the central round room?) and the meeting room? Thanks.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Going to need everyone to respond to this one before going forward. Please put any previous interactions in for up to this point too please.

1. Waiting Chamber
2. Altar Room
3. Meeting Area
WTempleSummary.jpg
WTempleSummary.jpg (199.39 KiB) Viewed 21798 times
The groups will take their places at the meeting table.

1. Home Forger
2. Onyxarm
WTemple MRoom.jpg
WTemple MRoom.jpg (83.43 KiB) Viewed 21797 times
X = Triton and Water Elemental Guard Pair

Both Lords will pull out papers, and start with small talk, about the families previous negotiations, and apparently trying to see which one negotiated a better deal for the plumbers in the two cities.

One of the guards from the door, heads to the far side of the room.

Suddenly there is a sound like a crash of a VERY LARGE wave, then a vacuum sound.

Swooooosh pop. The Water Elementals DISAPPEAR!

The guards look incredulously at the space where their companions once stood.

If you are proficient in Arcana give me a roll in that please.

Everyone roll perception.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG suspects he just witnessed some kind of Dispel or wholesale Banishment spell well beyong his abilities, "Beware of foes invisible or in the waters!"
He draws his sword, point down but wary, other hand on his arcan focus and casts Blur, then calling his mind to 'the quiet place', ready to dance. [Bonus action: Bladesong]

======
Arcana, Perception [1d20+8] = 19+8 = 27, [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly becomes alert and listens to GG direction, casting Shillelagh on his quarterstaff. "By Auril blessing let me see the old powers hidden in this wood, the great force of nature and the strengths of it's roots when it seeks water. Let me find these powers and use them to defend my companions and myself."

======================================================================
(OOC:
Arcana, Perception: [1d20+8] = 5+8 = 13, [1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9
yeah... bad rolls... Hmm... I have Guidance that is +4 for ability checks. Is it ability check?
Also I have the spell ceremony as ritual, so is it ok the assume Flatbelly uses it every evening?
)
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Perception for Adrik: [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10

Adrik pulls out his Rapier. "What's that sound?"
Last edited by counterkid on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Perception for Renwick: [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6
===================//===================================

After the guards recovered from their shock of their counterpart disappearing. You see them all pull out an item and attempt to use it. Clearly not working, they all straighten into a guarded position.

The Onyxarm guards don't seem to see anything going on, other than the guards of the Homeforgers casting spells!

The Homeforger guards however understand that some great power definitely sent the water elementals back to their rightful home.

The crashing water seems to have no immediate effect.

Adrik draws his weapons and enquires about the sounds from outside the Temple.

Fimlyn rushes into the room, and drops 10 items on the table.

"Surface folk, put one of these in your mouth. It will allow you to breathe underwater. And make you swim as fast as you can walk. That sound was an unnaturally large wave, it cannot mean anything good. Ready yourselves."

Renwick unslings his Maul from his back. Flexing his neck, the cracking is audible for a good 10 feet. The halfling seems to grow not physically, but he seems to puff up like a male bird fluffing their feathers to attract a mate.

There is a sudden calm and quiet. The ambient dripping and gurgling of the water breaking the silence.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Not understanding the nature of the threat but trusting the triton, Tornak swiftly darts to the table and swips two of the items and swiftly passes one off to Lunmumi and crams the other into his own mouth. Remaining close to his charge, he then lifts a small crossbow and proceeds to attempt to look in every direction at once, a low snarl escaping from his maw.
Almost as an afterthought he snarls "Bernard. Get out here." as he summons a mangy disheveled looking rat.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Adrik, will grabs one of the items and puts it in his mouth as recommended and he puts his sword away getting ready to swim.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Reaching for a breathing thing GG shouts, "Elementals gone, by neither Onyxarm's nor Homeforgers' hand. Water level rising. Incoming hostile aquatics!" and puts on the device.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly looks around. Everything already said and done he makes sure everyone got their devices and then takes the one left for him and readies for battle. 'We need more underwater spells aids.' he thinks to himself. He then takes his position close to the master they were hired to guard and makes eye contact with GG in case he will need help as well.