Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

As the final watch draws to a close in the dark hours before the dawn, the wood elves begin to rise as the camp makes ready. Dellinanth and Indendien begin to silently wake the others until the group is assembled.

While their attempt at sending for help failed, we still do not know what they have in store. Worse, we have no way of knowing if there was some other exit to this lair... Indendien shakes her head sadly, While we searched days ago and did not find one such, there is still no guarantee. We should be cautious... they have had much time to prepare.

Behind the camp, the the freed captives slowly begin to wake as well.

===
it is about 2 or 3 hours before dawn.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Post by Jenara »

Katten had tried in vain to remove the burn marks on her arms, washing rapidly over and over she gives in and joins the group. "We treat lair, like it is new. Be ready." She offers as Dran plods behind her, "Get ready, we hurt them." This was why she didn't want to leave, to give up ground. She focuses on the task at hand and ignores the captives, they were someone else's problem.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Now that we know some of the layout, we should approach more boldly, and quickly. We know their alarm has been taken care of."

He looks at the captives. "Can you get home from here? I can share some rations for the walk. Also one longsword, for anyone willing to wield it."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek spends time praying to replenish his spells and then readies himself to join the others. Petting his companion, he softly whispers "Stay safe and hidden Chitt. Wait for me."

OOC - the spells he would like to prepare for himself are Command, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds and Cure Light Wounds.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar has memorised 'Armour' and prayed for 'Cure Light Wounds' and gets ready with an abjuration cantrip, "No friend of mine so free me from grime".
He stands ready in the shadows.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Enlodh regards the offered sword for a moment, then shakes his hefts his scavenged goblin weapon. These will be enough to get us home I think... besides, I am sure you will have much greater need than we. I cannot thank you all enough for freeing us. If you need anything, come look me up in Thel Jeers. Looking back at the other former prisoners pensively, he continues. We will stick together as much as possible on the way to our homes. Hopefully your group will prevent them from sending scouts out after us. he adds with a half-grin. The others make their thanks and goodbyes to the group and head out into the dark along the trail East towards the main road.

Indendien and Dellinanth keep watch around the group as the former prisoners leave.

[How would the group like to approach the lair? Marching order?]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Elden will be at the front of the body of the party, Nocturno will bring up the rear.

"Probably prudent to scout still, but we should all move quickly, since we know some of the layout."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten will take point (more from me later, I'm on holidays right now)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar sees what's happening and takes up a position on right flank, falling in behind Katten, bow ready.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek will be content to take a spot in front of Nocturno near the rear of the party.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I take Point. Dran.. " she ponders leaving the wolf behind this time, only she needed him safe, and with her was the safest place she knew.. "Dran stay with others with Torch this time.. I hurt. Gods heal me?" She beseeches, unsheaving her bow. "We kill them.. hurt bad.. save rest of Hostages."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Yes, you have been patient with us who need to recover. Show me your arms."
==============
I think that is what is burnt right?

CLW: [1d8] = 7
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group forms up, ready to begin. Dran appears sturdier somehow, and only barely scratched. Katten, however, still bears obvious wounds from the ordeal. Carefully Nocturno inspects her arms and lays a healing touch on her. The Arms themselves change little, the black sooty marks unaffected by the cure whatsoever. The wounds on her lithe figure, however, close completely.

==
Nocturno casts Cure Light Wounds on Katten
Katten is healed for 7 hp and is at Full health.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar maintains position while watching and listening for foes. [Detect Noise 35%]
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[since there haven't been any additions i'll presume there are no adjustments to the above]

Once the healing is done, Katten moves to the fore of the group, Elden beside her. Dellinanth and Linar flank to either side a pace behind, with Dran and Jordek between. Nocturo and Indendien take up the rear as the group moves into position at the cave entrance...