Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

counterkid
Knight
Knight
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Post by counterkid »

After a heavy day of cleaning up Val will join the party to find out what the next steps are going to be.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

With something of a plan in place Isaril takes his leave to arrange a meeting, "This may take some days." He trots off across the clearing and disappears among the trees.

Val finds plenty of clearance and construction work to flex his mighty muscles and thoroughly impress the villagers with countless feats of strength. While the goliath's work takes him all around the village, Luka concentrates on digging graves in the village cemetary. There are enough holes to dig to keep him busy.

What will Unbar and Vic do until the druid returns?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Vic will go around the village asking what the greatest needs are. Making a list.

He will also ask of ways everyone thinks they could create some harmony with the forest dwellers.

He likes the idea of the village planting trees, he will also try and help with the idea of using deadfall rather than living trees.

And make suggestions of setting out plots to clear, and replant.

Also possible avenues for trade.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Luka

Will make his way to the keep to check out what is needed there after his Graves are all dug and his trading is complete.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Vic will try and get the stuff needed to prepare some foods he know would please the wood elves if that is possible.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Does the elf come back with some information to share about the meet with his people?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Unbar will keep himself busy with last rites from the dead, helping to bury them properly.

If that is done he will help with watching over the loggers, making sure they are only gathering trees they have felled previously, or already dead ones.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

For several days our brave adventurers assist and shepherd the townsfolk while they work away at reversing the damage. The gaping hole in the southwestern corner of the pallisade is robustly rebuilt although the watch tower has yet to get underway. "...Need more seasoned wood for that!..." The bridge to the keep has a temporary but functional repair.

With the nearby pre-cut wood gathered in, work focuses on removing debris from homes and making rooves water-tight.

And then Isaril shows up at the gate. Shown entry fairly quickly, the elven druid announces, "Yes, they sylvan elders will speak with you. You need to know what you need, as opposed to what you would like. And what you can concede. When will you come?"

Your reputation around the town has grown {+1 renown] and they have brewed each of you a herbal restorative. [Cures 2d4+2 HP]

======
OOC: You gain GM Inspiration.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Val approaches Vic. "Did you put some thought in what the Elven Elders need?"

"The sylvain elders will speak with us. Isaril said we need to know what we need not what we would like. We also need to concede sometime. What information or guidance were you given to help us complete this quest? We should also give Isaril a date for the me." "I say three days now."

"Isaril how long will it take us to get to the elders?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Isaril answers, "Two days."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"What we need. Enough material to get back to a functioning town. How much that is exactly, I am not sure."
"Maybe we can make a deal where there can be reviewed harvesting. I also think the town can easily plant trees in areas that have been left thig to compensate."

He scratches his head.

"Do they have any need to trade in the city? Maybe that is something we can use to gain some favour.'
He then scratches his beard.
"Also if we could rid the forest of this infestation of Orcs and such, that might curry some favour also."
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Isaril, when we decide a day and time how will you get the message to the Elders?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When mentions 'functioning town' and 'plant trees' the elven druid seems to nod. Perhaps unconciously he shakes his head almost imperceptably on 'trading', but then nods once more on ' infestation of Orcs'.

"I won't pass any messages. When you're ready I will lead you. If you take too long, the Eldars will not be there," Isaril replies. "You may wish to talk to whoever you need to talk to.." he says, gazing towards the stone inn, "..and then consider whether you wish to leave immediately." Isaril looks apologetic. "You should understand that I am not allowed to interfere or guide you.." again he looks to the stone building owned by the dwarf, "..other than to take you to the meeting place."
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Vic, that's why we leave the thinking to you. I say we gather what we need for this trip and we get on our way. I'm looking forward to killing some more orcs.".

Val will try to see if Unbar can forge him some plate armor and if not or it's two long he will try to go to the fort to negotiate. If this can be during all the down time we have had. If there is not enough time we will leave without the plate armor.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Ok Val. You organize the supplies. I will make one last round to see what is needed most."

He will see if he can quickly get the leaders or at least the responsible ones to the Inn for a quick run down of what is absolutely needed, and what can be put off.

"I think we should go as soon as possible."