Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Post by Chris1234 »

The dwarf, Morak, walks up. He looks as solid as the mountain's root. "W's'up, Sergeant Ron, sir?"
Ron brings him up to date with the recent conversations. "Don't know none of them 'part from the red head, sharp little thing, name of Kella. Claimed to be a missionary or somesuch tripe. Movement and balance like that? Don't think so. Still her business. She paid up friont an' made no trouble. Stayed in her room mostly, 'part from excercise. That she could do. Fit as a flee. 'Ad a nice 'orse, too. That's about it."

"Thanks, Morak," replies Ron.

"There be anythin' else?" asks Morak, looking at Luka and Vic.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Luka

That is all I am interested in other than Destiny and her Herbs. Maybe she can teach me a thing or two about the healing properties of some that are in her garden. Might make keeping myself alive later on an easier task. Well we best get this done. Hopefully they won't start trouble when we get there. If so I will fall back and slide around to the backside and scale the wall while you all keep them talking at the gate. Will have the main gate open in no time.

He goes back to scanning the treeline.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Ask her and I'm sure she'll answer. Might welcome the distraction," responds Big Ron. Morak nods sagely, beards bobbing. "But not today. Leave it a while."

Morak looks at Vic, "Need me fer anythin' else?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I don't think so, but I think it is important that everyone be ready for the new people in the village."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Morak nods and jogs off in the direction of the vanguard. A short while later Marcus returns to the rearguard, "Soon be back."

======
Going to pause for another day to give SQL and CK a brief window for any conversations during the forest march.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

If Val can here the conversation he will pipe in.

"I hope we don't get into any trouble when we can't back to the village. I would hope we can come to a peaceful solution.
Ron how many of your people are able to take up arms and fight if required?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

It's too far from the vanguard to hear conversations in the rearguard.

However, when Marcus jogs up Val and the dwarf, Morak, in the vangauard, after he's sent Morak to join the rearguard, Val can gain some of the gist from Marcus and the rest when Morak returns.

After some counting Morak answers, "Me, Ron, Marcus and four more guards have military experience. Five more can wield a weapon without hurting themselves. And up close Destiny is surprisingly lethal with a long knife*. So, thirteen in all. No, don't count Hiral. He's got a back problem.." A moment later the tough dwarf looks up at Val, adding, "..got no spine."

======
*Long knife = short sword.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Vic watches the resilient group make their way back home, staying close to the middle of the group.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Luka

Makes his way to Destiny and addresses her. I was told you are a healer and well versed in Herbs. Any chance you could tell me what these are? (He holds up the large leafed plant he found near the Goblins in the beginning.) I could use some help with my herbalism skills if your not busy once this whole craziness if over. I could hang around a while and maybe learn some of your skills. Here you can keep these. Looks like the people here will need it more than I do. I will find you again once we get in town and things quiet down some.

He then falls back about 20 yards behind the rear guard, just in case he needs to slip off and try to climb the wall and open the gate.

==============
Last edited by Dargon Lonewolf on Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Red-eyes and with a youngster under each arm, she nods. "I have no way to carry them. Keep them. See me tomorrow."
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Val will gather Vic, Isaril, Unbar and Luka.

"I'm not sure what we are going to be expecting when we get back to the village. I'm wondering if we should find a safe place to rest the night outside the village just in case we do run into trouble. I would be more comfortable if we had all our resources replenished."

"Since our group is large we might be in more danger sleeping out in the woods at night then sleeping in the forest. Thoughts?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Isaril says, "The woods can be dangerous. The village is safer if we can get in. They were just two."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I think we head to town immediately. There are really not many of the Zhents left, and we have some trained and armed folks with us. But I don't suspect they will give us trouble."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The village comes into view for Val in the vanguard. He and the dwarf are still hidden by the forest's edge.
The village's drawbridge is up.

What next?
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Val will stop the party. "The bridge is up. Isaril can you scout around to see what might be happening."

"Vic do you have any tricks up your sleeve to help scout the area without being seen?"