Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Shagos Happenings - Rayman and GeeGee

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Shagos Happenings - Rayman and GeeGee

Post by Chris1234 »

GG will practice with his blade, do the rounds of the house (gaining famiarisation if nothing else) and then go and try to get some cooking tuition.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly will stick his nose in the book for most of the day, looking for local herbals and animals descriptions and their uses. He will try to keep some company to GeeGee here and there.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

GG is able to help with breakfast. He is give basic tools from the kitchens stocks. He picks up some just better than basic skills. It will take some more practice to be able to work on his own.
======
You get a cooking kit!
=======

Rayman finds the Flora to be very similar to his Homeland, with most useful herbs readily available.

He also finds and skims through a quick history of the Family's diplomatic accomplishments. He reads back through 5 generations, and gets a very good feeling that these folks really do mean well.

Just before lunch Lorbin will find the pair.

"Young masters. What is your preferred form of combat? I don't anticipate trouble. But I'd like to prepare you for the worst, just in case."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I prefer the nonexistent form of combat" Flatbelly smiles, "But when there is no choice and when magic is not an option, sling for distance and as a last resort the quaterstaff." he says.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Lynx Style. That's Bladesong with rapier," responds GG directly, hopes rising.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Noted, thank you. After dinner I will have something for you in the armoury."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG bows, simply saying, "That would be grand. And greatly appreciated."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly just nods in understanding and looks expectantly at GeeGee and Lorbin. When there is no more to the conversation he says, "Well, nice seeing you. See you later." and follows GeeGee around the floor again.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

The pair enjoy a day of reading, exercising, along with amazing meals. At dinner when everyone is finishing up, Lorbin motions for them to follow him.

The rest of the staff disperse. If they follow he will lead them to the armoury.

"I like to think of myself as fairly perceptive. As it is my job to understand who we bring into the family, hired or relations." He will pause and lift a light sheet off a table.

There the pair will see a pair of fine supple leather boots, and an exquisite Pan Flute.

"This my gnomish friend, will help you avoid those situations where magic is not the answer." Lorbin hands the Pan Flute to Rayman.

It will cause your enemies to shake in their boots at your very presence!

Rayman gains Pipes of Haunting!!

"For you, my new friend of no home or heritage, these boots, will lend you the stealth of your elven ancestors."

GG gains Boots of Elvenkind!!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Looks nice," says GG, not really knowing what he's talking about but trying to be polite nonetheless. "Maybe a tune when you're ready?"

GG's jaw virtually hits the ground and bounces. After an arkward pause he regains the use of his voice, "Woooow!", swallows, "I mean, er, thank you so very much, Lord Lorbin." Another pause. "Ummm.. are these on loan?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Nay, these are yours to keep as long as you keep the Young Master safe."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG nods and follows with a deep and gracious bow.

And then tries them on.
And tests them.
And then runs through his Lynx forms.
Twice.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly appreciate the delicate fabrication of the flute. "You do me a great honor Sir Lorbin letting me hold to such a magnificent creation." Flatbelly bows. "Does the flute always causes fear or is it possible to use it as regular flute as well?" If there is no danger using it he will play some tunes back from his homeland and appreciate the quality of the sound.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Aye of course, please play us a tune. The pipes know your intention!"

===========================================
Good to skip to the next morning for the meet?

Lorbin will stay for as long as Rayman plays. He will tap along and listen intently.

It will be an uneventful evening. The group will be woken early in the morning by Lorbin.

"Come, The Families have decided on a meeting place. It is the Temple of Umberlee on the bridge*."

======================
* The bridge is the seagate that the cities guard which closes in the Inner Sea.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG cleans up, dresses and follows.