Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Shagos Happenings - Rayman and GeeGee

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Shagos Happenings - Rayman and GeeGee

Post by Nocturno »

GG will have enough for 3
Rayman will have enough for 2.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG transcribes Identify, Alarm and then Find Familiar.

"Thank you. I owe you one."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly joins the gratitude with a small bow and a glimpse at GeeGee's reaction. He will try to copy the spells Comprehend languages' and 'Ice Knife'. "This might help us in the coming task, but in any case it is just a pleasure to explore the ways of the craft." he says to GeeGee.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Precisely so!"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

The wizards will be uninterrupted while copying spells, and the house will be quiet except for them.
=======

Ok, feel free to list anything you want to do for this evening, then through the next day.

My next plans are for the morning of the meet.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

In no particular order:
Explore the house.
Look for an armoury (& see if he can cadge a silvered finesse weapon).
Practice rapier kata (Bladesong: Style of the Lynx).
Talk to Flatbelly: let the fellow chat to his heart's content.
Ask about the city: restrictions on carrying and using arms and casting spells; what temples are around; significant landmarks; what underground constructions/passages are there and where would maps be sourced.
Talk to the household: fishing for any unusual behaviours form any in the household; any newly recruited member (or just returned from a leave of absence) excluding self and Flatbelly; fish for rumours about the city.
Hang around the kitchen & try to help/pick up some basics of cookery*.

======
Is downtime available?
(*GG would be interested in learning proficiency in cooking tools/kit; although herbalism would be even better!)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly has nothing special on his mind. He will accompany GeeGee. If they will find interesting instrument anywhere he will enjoy to explore how it works. He would like some time to sit in front of the fireplace and play some music.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

When the copying is done the pair as promised explore anywhere on the main floor. They find 6 empty bedrooms, the room the meeting was held in, a very large and comfortable sitting room, a storage room with stairs, and an Armoury with a spiral staircase.

Assuming they stay on the main floor as requested, the only time they are greeted is when they enter the Armoury.

Lorbin will come slowly clumping down the stairs.

"Ah you found my pride and joy, I will gladly distribute some weaponry on the eve of our meeting. But for today, and until after dinner tomorrow, please refrain from this room as well." He will stand at the base of the stairs until the duo leaves the room. If asked any questions he will answer politely, and patiently.

He will tell GG that weapons are permitted, and if drawn in self-defense no offense will be taken. Spells of illusion or creation are typical and will not likely be noticed. Offensive spells are treated the same as physical weapons. He will also give information that GG and Flatbelly are the only new recruits in the house. Everyone has been in the family's employ for at least the last 3 years, none with any time off, other than normal days of rest. He will dismiss rumours of the city as rubbish to not bother listening to.

After their session in the Armoury, the pair return to the sitting room. There are several instruments available. All of which look to be quite high end, but used. Flatbelly gets the impression they are here to play but not for taking.

While Flatbelly plays with the instruments, GG starts to practice his forms in the main open area of the room.

Rayman decides to practice his skills with the lute. While he is the best with his pan flute he decides that trying something different in this new house would be a good idea.
Rayman Performance: [1d20-2] = 19-2 = 17

Despite his lack of experience with the lute, Rayman starts to play a rousing rendition of an adventuring tune from his home town. It seems to inspire GG as he works through his motions.

The synergy of the music and martial work out lasts about half an hour. It ends when Arnold comes through the door that connects to the dining room. He motions with his arm for the men to follow.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG follows.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Faltbelly will simply ask Lorbin what's on the other end of the staircase and if the answer is another section of the Armory he will ask on how many floors does the Armory spread and how large force can it support, do they have ancient weapons as well as new one and do they have special weapon tinkered with technology or spells.

After enjoying the music Flatbelly will also follow.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Above is the Private Home for the family, and close servants. What you see here is what we will have available. But yes, I have a couple items in mind, that I think you both will enjoy using."

==================================

Once they get to the door of the dinning room, the smell gives away why he was so excited.

It appears Marie pulled out the stops. There is a table full of food, from almost any roast animal one could think of, to each type of vegetable. At the centre of the table a Large Parfait with at least 10 layers of fruits, jams, and dairy products.

Rayman and GG are the first to arrive, but it obviously other staff members are here for dinner as well.

None of the family attend, but Marie beams with joy as everyone sits down and starts to dish out food, everyone looking happy, and chatting.

Being first Rayman and GG can pick their seats.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG, being aware of his newness here, and uncertainty within the existing hierarchy, stands back.

If opportunity presents, he tries, "Hey Marie! Magnificent table! Maybe you can show me how, sometime. Anyway, being new here, where is most appropriate for me, and my colleague, to sit?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly sits in the middle. Close to the food, especially to the fruits and jams.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Rayman will head to a seat close to the sweets of the table. Almost directly in the middle.

GG comments to Marie, who replies with. "Thank you for the praise. Please sit where you like, as you are the guests of honour for tonight."

You will notice the rest will wait to sit until GG picks a seat.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Hearing Marie, Flatbelly becomes very aware to the surrounding and immediately becomes shy and passive. That's of course after filling his plate with sweets.
He gestures to GeeGee to sit next to him and whispers, 'Guests of honor? I didn't expect that, I thought we are only body guards of sorts...'