Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Shagos Happenings - Rayman and GeeGee

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Shagos Happenings - Rayman and GeeGee

Post by Nocturno »

You have the afternoon, and the next day to do what you like. Unless you need input from me feel free to plan with each other.

Why am I not Dead - Is a heavy look at a Man's commitment to Friends, Family, and his Unit. It does not really discuss what was in the afterlife, but why he chose to return, and the tales that made him want to.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When they're both ready to close the books and return them to the appropriate shelves, GG asks, "So, in the context of our forthcoming guard duty, what can you do? I'm happy to share with you what spells are available to me. Would you be happy to tell me yours?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly looks at his new comrade with surprise. "Hmm.. Sure. I am all for sharing knowledge. In fact most of my early traveling were about passing knowledge between my elders and some other nearby tribes... But you know, you mentioned spells and even with sharing knowledge, each one figures it differently with some changes. But I'll be glad to guide and assist you through the process and of course to be enlightened by your knowledge." He says sincerely.
He closes the book carefully. Looks at the cover for another second his mind somewhere else, then return it to the shelf and when he looks at GG with a spark in his eyes he smiles and starts, "Well, following my mother paths I serve Auril the goddess of Nature. With her kindness and blessing she bestows some of her great powers upon her humble servants. These allow me to manipulate wood to some level and use normal staves as powerful weapons. With a little prayer, focus and her guidance I can channel nature forces through it. I can also sometimes get clues and senses as what is about to happen, and on occasion she let me call upon fire that engulfs the enemy." he says knowing such powers cannot be taught but only gained by true belief. Then he continues: "By our mutual interest in the Arcane I found a useful ability to manipulate the scenery around me with my thought. I can hold and move small objects, open doors, and such. Some consider it a hand. Another useful ability is to draw imaginary images and make people around me feel they are real. As if the world is my canvas. Another ability is to draw upon the darkness and.. hmmm... how to describe it... it is as if injecting this darkness to ones veins. It damages and for undead.. hmmm... it counters some of the power that animates them. Similar to the last one I can make target suffer from immediate fierce frost which cause some minor damage and prevent full fitness when the enemy retaliate." Flatbelly finishes with pure joy having the chance to express amorphic knowledge into structured words. Every time he does so he feels he grasps the Arcane already known to him a bit better.
=================================================
(OOC: Usually I play mages as people who keep their knowledge to themselves, not trusting others, but in this case it is very in character to share the knowledge. But it might be only bit by bit since Rayman will take the time to explain everything in length ;)
Now Rayman has also minor divine powers, but he is educated enough to know there is no sharing of it. Still he would describe it in the benefit of strategy planning.
I also believe you meant speaking of strategy, but I think it can be only general strategy since we don't know yet the grounds we will be on. So for now Rayman described his Cantrips: Cleric: Shillelagh, Guidance, Resistance and Sacred Flame. Wizard: Mage hand, minor illusion, chill touch, frostbite.
If you want to make the exchange in place I'm all for it. If not I'll just post the list on next posts but maybe after GG gains Flatbelly trust.)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Auril. A worthy goddess. Sometimes called the Frsotmaiden?" comments GG, albeit a little awkwardly. "I have skill with this," he says, patting his rapier,"And I have some command of the arcane." GG whips out his book to show his repertoire:
  • 1) Absorb Elements, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Ice Knife, Longstrider, Protection from Evil/Good, Shield, Thunderwave
    2) Alter Self, Blur, Invisibility, Misty Step, Spider Climb;
    3) Dispel Magic, Fireball
"I'm happy tto exchange spells with you any time. But that requires the expenditure of coins*, of which I currently have none. But if you wish to copy any of these now, and have the resources, then I'm fine with that."

======
*(50 gp and 2 hours) per spell level to copy spells, GM permitting.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Senllip flips through the pages with great care and awe. He stalls many times to try and dig deeper into the mysteries of the book and looks at GG with appreciation. "This is marvelous! I'm the luckiest rock gnomes in all the planets to have met you!" he says smiling. "We should study the books together and maybe even make some experiments." his eyes glint.

===================================================
(OOC: I'm not sure if I have money. Nocturno? But once GG have enough money I don't mind sharing the spells. I'm in a but of a hurry right now, I'll OOC the spell list in the next post hopefully.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

==============================
So I gave starting equipment plus 100GP to spend.
Did you buy anything other than starting gear?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
No, I don't think so. (I don't remember about +100g).
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

===========
It's in the rules post.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
oops, I totally missed that. Thanks.
GG can, and might, copy up to 2 spell levels from the diminutive mage once the spell book's contents are revealed.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

==================================================
(OOC: This is my eq. not sure whats starting gear and what is the rest...
Eq.:
Arcane focus
Spell casting focus
Spellbook
Scholars' pack
Priest pack
Mace
Quarterstaff
Crossbow
Holy symbol (6 points snowflake)
Pan flute (created by himself during his travels in the mountains)
Breastplate
5 Daggers
Hooded lantern
Lock
Mirror
Rations
Robes
Sealing Wax
Tinder box
Tinkerer toolset
5 torches
Waterskin
Wineskin
Artistan tools
Backpack
Bedroll
Blanket
Travelers' cloth
Map case (+ self drawn maps)
Holy symbol (6 pointed snowflake) on chain
Crossbow bolts (40)
Mess kit

Wiz spells:
lvl 1: Alarm, Find Familiar, Magic missile, Identify, Witchbolt, Sleep
lvl2: Phantasmal force, Misty step, Mirror image, Web, Scorching Ray, Cloud of daggers )
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG would like to learn (& transcribe) Alarm & Identify, those being all he could afford just now.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Flatbelly flipps through GG spellbook with awe and takes deeper interest in Comprehend Languages.

================================================
(OOC: Playing the character this spell would match best his personality I assume.)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Sure. Help yourself. Can I copy these?" GG asks Flatbelly, indicating Alarm & Identify. he starts with Identify.

======
I think this would take GG 2 hours for each of the first level spells and use his remaining 100gps.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

As it becomes apparent what the wizards are planning, Lorbin appears with an arm full of supplies.

"It appears the Master is in a generous mood. I have been sent with the materials to help copy 1 spell each."

When he puts down the materials you can see the materials for 1 spell levels worth of spells x2.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

GG freezes with surprise then jumps up and bow really low, "Thank you, Sir Lorbin. The Master's generosity is most gratefully received."
He pauses, straightening, "I have no idea of whether we should say anything on this to His Lordship. Or whether that would break protocol."

When Lorbin disappears, GG starts to study and transcribe, also helping the gnomish wizard to do the same where required.

If Flatbelly has insufficient funds of his own (50gps) prior to the gift delivered by Lorbin, then GG will say, "Here, you use this to transcribe two basic {OOC: L1} spells from me. You can owe me one."
However, if Flatbelly does start with more than 50gps then GG will also seek to (eventually) transcribe 'Find Familiar', and add, "I owe you one".