Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Cladmont Goings - Tornak and Adrik

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Cladmont Goings - Tornak and Adrik

Post by Nocturno »

Adrik and Renwick returned into the house via the door to 5A.

After Yongoth leaves, they will see two human looking people washing dishes, and doing general kitchen duties.

They can hear excited conversation coming from the dining hall.(5D)
========================

Tornak and the Tinkers head through the kitchen, and into the dining hall. They are followed by two humans with large bowls, a fresh looking loaf of bread, and 3 flagons of drink.

The Dwarf and Gnome will both be willing to talk to Tornak about almost anything.

Tornak will feel educated on the ways of Tinkering after speaking with these verterns of the craft.
============================================

Unless you want to know something specific we can skip to the morning to get the scope completed.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Nothing specific for Tornak. Just engaging in likeminded shop talk.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Renwick, shall we go see what is happening in the dining hall?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Sure, sounds like someone is having fun."

When they enter the room they see Tornak, eating with a Dwarf and a Gnome. They are having an animated discussion about something that looks like plans drawn over a large piece of paper.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Renwick flags down the servers as he enters the room, and motions for 2 more servers to be brought. "Fellows! Looks like you are doing some Master level scheming. I won't pretend to understand, but I will listen along."

The Dwarf and Gnome will nod politely and tilt their drinks to the Halfling.

When the stew and ale arrive, Renwick sits and listens while eating.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Adrik will sit beside Renwick. He will also motion for some stew and ale.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Tornak notices the two newcomers to the table and nods in their direction and continues talking with the gnome and dwarf when the halfling expresses interest but not comprehension.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

============================
Unless Adrik has something to say I will skip to tomorrow.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Adrik likes to listen.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

After of evening of being enlightened on the ways of Tinkers the halflings will head to bed.

Tornak just after them.

The garbage pail contains very little in the way of anything salvageable. Tornak takes the cut off ends of the tube used to start the scope. He also finds a few scraps of thin metal about 1” long. The rest stays in the bin, in the hallway.
==============================\\\======================================================

The trio wake in their room, a bit groggy from the Ale the evening previous, but nothing they haven’t had to deal with before. The hallflings especially. They all complete their morning routine and end up at the breakfast table about the same time. (7am-ish).

They are met by a bustling kitchen, and a half full dining table.
Along the table they see the Dwarf, the Gnome, Yongoth, all 3 which are just finishing up their morning meal. On the otherside there are a few younger folks, Human, Elven, and 3 Gnome youths, the group assumes.

They are promptly served a large bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit. Any kind of topping for the oatmeal can be found on the table.

Once Tornak eats his last bite the Dwarf will look his way.
”Finally! Thought you would never finish.”
The Dwarf and the Gnome will head out of the room, presumably to the workshop.

=========================================

Time for conversation or not, your folks choice.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Tornak will head after the dwarf tossing back a casual Project to finish. See you soon, I hope. to the halflings. Once he is in the workshop with the two master tinkers, he announces I'm here! I'm here! and he settles in to the intense concentration of crafting.

Crafting: [1d6] = 3
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

After Breakfast Adrik will go exercise in the courtyard once again. "Renwick do you want to practice firing arrows today in the courtyard?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With Tornak present, and his crossbow ready they start to work.
Tornak and the Gnome check the bindings around the lenses, and prepare it all for the glue.
The Dwarf checks the tube again, filing off any burs from the cuts. He shows it to Tornak.
“Oy, check my measurements. This scope may hold your life in the balance, so I wish it be checked by you too.”

Once that is done the Gnome pulls out his adhesive, and soaks the fibres around the lenses with it. He then puts a suction cup on each lense to hold them from the middle.

“Ready here. I hope that tube is prepared like you say. We have no more than 3 minutes to put these in place.”

The tube is clamped in a vise, the Gnome hands Tornak one, and he holds the other. With a steady hand the Gnome shows Tornak which way to angle the lens while it enters the tube to make sure it doesn’t touch either side.
Half startling Tornak as he goes to put his lens in. He jumps as the Dwarf speaks.
“Hand me that glue! I will apply it to the mounts so it is set for attaching the scope.”

Tornak inserts the lens, and it is firmly set into the tube.

“Grab that.” The Gnome motions to the tube, as he loosens the vise. Tornak gingerly holds the tube, and brings it over to the crossbow.
“Ok me boy, pick up the weapon, and hold it like you are about to let a bolt loose. Let me know where you want the scope.”
The Dwarf will put the scope just above the mounts, once Tornak gives a “There” he will drop it onto the glue.
“I’ve a feeling you will be seeing that view a lot in the days to come my new friend.”

Tornak puts the crossbow down, his project complete. He can hardly believe it. He likely feels like he could take on the world at this point.
After a few minutes and the scope is set in the mounts, the Dwarf brings out a can of polish, and 2 soft cloths.
“May I?” Assuming Tornak allows, he will clean the tube, and then shine it. It is an odd shine though. While clean and shiny metal, it does not reflect any light.

Master Tinkers: [2d8] = 10 [2d8] = 10
(5 + (2d8*5)(Expert Artisan)) + (5 + (2d8*5)(Expert Artisan)) + (5+(1d6*5)(Proficient Artisan))+10(Location Bonus) = 55+55+20+10=140
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Yeah, bring it on. Same rules as the darts, but a higher pt total?"
Darts.png
Darts.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 13326 times
6 shots per round.
Green - AC 5 - 1 pt
Red - AC 10 - 2 pts
White - AC 15 - 3 pts
Orange - DC 20 - 5 pts

First to 100 pts wins. Tie breaker round if there is a tie. (If both players get the same score of 60+ in the same round)

Archery Game: [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21 [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18 [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18
Archery Game: [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23 [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20 [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20

5,3,3,5,5,5= 26 Pts first round For Renwick.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

[1d20+7] = 9+7 = 16
[1d20+7] = 14+7 = 21
[1d20+7] = 6+7 = 13
[1d20+7] = 10+7 = 17[1d20+7] = 7+7 = 14[1d20+7] = 7+7 = 14

Total 3 +5 +2 + 3 + 2 +2 = 17 pts
"Good thing we are practicing today. I'm feeling a little rusty."