Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Cladmont Goings - Tornak and Adrik

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Cladmont Goings - Tornak and Adrik

Post by Nocturno »

Adrik has not even heard of Blur.
=========================================
Wandanda shakes her head and doesn't bother hiding the smile after the goblin says his piece.

"I bid you good luck, and protect my son like he is your own."

With this she gets up and leaves the room.

Renwick stands and bows slightly.

"This talky stuff is not my cup of tea. Give me a task and a payment, and I will get it done."

"Look alive men. First I will show you where you will bunk, then the kitchen. Please keep to the main floor. And if you value your employment, don't leave the grounds."

1. Entrance you were guided through
2. Meeting Room
3B. Bunk Room
2A. Tinkershop and Supplies
5A. Kitchen
5D. Dining Room
Onyxarm.jpg
Onyxarm.jpg (457.7 KiB) Viewed 9222 times
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Tornak follows the large dwarf but if they pass by the tinker shop Tornak noticeably slows and he peers intently at the (I'm assuming because gnome) functional chaos. Yeah, right... sleep... food. Tornak mumbles distractedly as he cranes his head around trying to see as much as possible. Once they have been shown where to sleep and eat Tornak eagerly says We can wander the main floor right? That workshop we passed by/through, I want to go take a look at it! Perhaps I could discuss techniques and applications of some of the things I saw as we passed by there with the people working there!. Or maybe I could get some feedback from them for wee Bertha here. Tornak is visibly very excited, almost trembling in anticipation, and cradling his weapon at this point.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

You would have had to go through the middle of the workshop to get to the kitchen from the bunk room.

"Aye, the main floor be open for ye. Try not to take advantage of the Master, but if you have any repairs or minor enhancements to make, the Workshop will be at your disposal. The cook must have been on a break, he should be back soon enough if you are hungry."

"Ah now you are talking my language. I can't promise to not take advantage of the free grub! Cookie does a fine job, but everything is always so salty!"
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Tornak looks at his fellow new guards and seems at a loss for words until Bye! pops out and he scurries away to the workshop.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Adrik will follow to the bunk room. He will the bed on the left. After settling in he will make his way to the kitchen for some food. After he has finished eating he will go spend some time in the courtyard.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With the halflings stopping in the kitchen they meet George. Before introductions are made, they are greeted with the smell of fresh bread and thick beef stew.

"Welcome to my kitchen! Grab a stool, and prepare for a treat! You are here at the perfect time." He will cut two hunks of bread, paste on a thick layer of butter, and ladle out two large bowls of stew.

"I was under the impression there were 3 of ye."

=======================================================================

Tornak will bolt into the large workshop that takes up the middle of the home.

There is a dwarf and a gnome both quietly working across the room from each other.

The walls are lined with walls and barrels with every kind of part imaginable to tinker with.

2C has mannequins where suits of armour can be fitted and worked on.

2B has anvils and various metal working tools, a very small forge that may work for making rings or nails.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Tornak will greet both individuals and eyeball what they are working on if allowed. For all his impatience and excitement at getting to this room, now that he is here he is unsure of himself. Almost shy.

Um... Hi. I'm Tornak.... I, uh, tinker a bit and was wondering if maybe I could see what you are working on? He quickly offers Lady Onyxarm hired me. I'm allowed to be here before either can even begin to question his presence.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Hi George, I'm Adrik. I can't wait to taste your cooking. I have built up quite an appetite." "How do you enjoy working for Lady Onyxarm?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Well Adrik, you have come to the right place, my boy." He will slide the bowls down to the Halflings, then go to a keg. "Ale?" He will knock on the keg.

"The Onyxarms are one of the older famlies in the city, and one of the few families that gives a damn about the would outside of their next tinker spree."

===================================================

The gnome gruffs "Yeah, yeah, trash is over there." He will point to a barrel.

The dwarf looks at the goblin. "The Lady hired you, pray tell what for?"
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Ale it is." Akrik will eat and have an ale. After that he will go outside to the training grounds.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Renwick slurps up the stew and chugs the Ale.
"Can we have one for the courtyard?" He will ask the cook.

"Of course!" He will refill the drinks.

Renwick joins Adrik in the courtyard.

"Feel like sparing?"
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Unconsciously baring his teeth, Tornak spares a cursory glance in the gnomes direction while moving toward the dwarf. Turning his back on the rude little flesh sack, Tornak approaches the friendly dwarf. Guard work from what I understand. He attempts to peer at what the dwarf is currently working on. I tinker a bit and was wondering if I could get some feedback on one of my creations. He shyly pulls out his weapon and holds it in his hands for inspection. It is what I use for my work and I would appreciate an professional assessment. I wouldn't want something to go wrong when I'm protecting Lady Onyxarm's family.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Nocturno wrote:Renwick slurps up the stew and chugs the Ale.
"Can we have one for the courtyard?" He will ask the cook.

"Of course!" He will refill the drinks.

Renwick joins Adrik in the courtyard.

"Feel like sparing?"
Sure I little excecise would be good to loosen up the old muscles.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

The halflings will make a game of it. Let's roll initiative, and then 3 attack rolls with no damage.

The first one to 5 hits wins.

Renwick Ini: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19

[1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23 [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20 [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20 [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15 [1d20+5] = 5+5 = 10

Renwick is using a single rapier, but you have seen him fight with an offhand weapon, and with a bow, both will great skill.

======================================================

The gnome looks over trying to hide what he thinks of the Crossbow but fails. "Humph"

The Dwarf puts out his hands and accepts the weapon and takes a look over it. "Ah I like these, he will point to the joints of the bow portion of the Crossbow. I think this will serve well in the field." He will pause. "AH yes, the impending meeting. Be observant, the young master can be impulsive."
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Adrik is using a rapier: his AC is 18

Initiative roll: [1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16

Here are the rolls for the three first rounds:
[1d20+7] = 10+7 = 17
[1d20+7] = 5+7 = 12
[1d20+7] = 18+7 = 25
[1d20+7] = 5+7 = 12
[1d20+7] = 10+7 = 17
[1d20+7] = 5+7 = 12

Adrik will use his reaction on every round of combat to use his defensive duelist ability: If hit, he will add his proficient bonus to his ac which is 3 so AC of 21.
Adrik has two attacks per round.