Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Rules & Guidelines

Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Moderator: Nocturno

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Rules & Guidelines

Post by Nocturno »

Character Creation

USS Campaign #: 413
I am a fan of heroic heroes, but also a fan of letting the dice do some of the talking.
Which is why I think I am such a big fan of this method for stat generation.

3d4 six times as base, distribute for each stat, then distribute 28 points

-1 pt = 1 pt no matter what the score it's added to is. Going from 17-18 only costs 1 point.
-No more than 7 points can be added to any one stat. you could conceivably spend all your points by adding 7 to 3 different stats and leaving the others alone.
-No point buy above 18
-Reroll if: total 3d4 from all 6 stats is less than (not equal) to 45, OR every 3d4 set you roll is below 9 (could not even buy one stat up to 16)

Equipment

You will start with your starting equipment, and an additional 100 GP to purchase any mundane items from the PHB.
I will hand out 1 useful magic item per character based on class and background. We are starting at level 5 so its likely you wold have come across at least one useful item to use.
I may also give out a trinket of sorts from the characters background that may or not be magic also.

Backstory

Please come up with at least enough backstory to explain why you ended up in the city. If players want to know each other from before this starts, that is fine, but we can tie it all together also.
Nocturno
King
King

Re: Rules & Guidelines

Post by Nocturno »

XP Assigment.

I have not completely decided on the way to distribute XP yet, but I think I will be giving XP out at the end of rests. Long for sure, possibly short.

This will be decided once we start playing and I can get a good feel for the tempo, and direction.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Crafting

SqL and I are trying to make a rich world worth playing many campaigns in, so we are trying to make crafting a useful resource in game also.

Alternative Homebrewed Crafting Rules
We are trying to see if these rules will work. I have some thoughts on it as well, but posting this here for everyone to read over for now.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Ok, sounds like it could be interesting. How does it work?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

There is a link there to get the idea started.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Ahh! I'd missed that it was linked.
Gotit now. Will have a look. thx v much

Edit (22 Mar): Had a top level look & seems interesting. The formulae (ingrediants) for magic items would be the gap I'd struggle to plug.
Anyway, downtime becomes more important.

Reminds me of crafting (from a long time ago) in "Dark Age of Camelot" MMORPG.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Looks interesting.

By saying:
Nocturno wrote:SqL and I are trying to make a rich world worth playing many campaigns in...
do you mean the group is planned to play several adventures and reach higher levels?

Thanks.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

I'd guess it could mean that but mainly that they use it as a common setting/background for more than one group of players i.e different campaigns.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

This is the 3rd campaign started in this world now.

So yes to both really.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Chris1234 wrote:I'd guess it could mean that but mainly that they use it as a common setting/background for more than one group of players i.e different campaigns.
Oh. I didn't consider it.
Well... Let's see how it goes :)