Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

5E at 5th Level

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

5E at 5th Level

Post by Nocturno »

So, thinking of doing a 5th edition game starting at 5th level.

It will take place in the world that SquirrelLord and I are using for our home games.

Probably not in the same area though. That area is being ravaged by Black Dragons at this point.

I'm open to almost any of the books. I would rather not deal with PCs with flying. IE Kenku, or other races that have natural flight.

It is a magic heavy world, but that does not mean that all the magic items are very useful, or even helpful.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: 5E at 5th Level

Post by Chris1234 »

I'm interested.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

kenku specifically do not have flight (cursed by the gods) ;)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

No flying. Sure, I fully understand that.

When any world details are available, I'd be delighted to have a good read.

Meantime, what method of char gen (stats) do you want? (4d6c1 or points buy etc)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Cladmont and Shagos

From the beginning of civilization Cladmont and Shagos have been intertwined. They have not always had these names, but they have always had the same purpose. The guards to the Inner Sea.

Shagos, the Southern of the two has always been magically inclined. Prone to draw and even sire magically adept folk. Some newlyweds even come to Shagos in hopes of having a child inclined in the arts. This makes the city often chaotic, with an ever-flowing population, or all races. Some would compare this to how it is believed the flow of magic runs through the fabric of the universe.

In comparison, Cladmont is a stalwart city, of tradition and technology. Maintained by Dwarven families for as long as history can remember, the bulk of this city is made of Dwarves and Gnomes. While friendly to all, it is especially welcoming to anyone who values technological advancements over that of magical enhancements.

When approaching from the West, the cities could not be more different looking.

Cladmont is a mountain of walls, ramparts, and mechanical weapons utilized in defending the Inner Sea SeaGate.

Shagos is a gleaming city of sparkling magic. It is surrounded by a highly polished city wall, encompassed in a magical dome that shimmers pink and purple. But anyone who mistakes this appearance as a weakness is sorely surprised if they do test its defenses. Magical hell rains down upon any attacker in a merciless assault.

The SeaGate is a marvel regarded around the whole world. It is a perfect blend of technology and magic. The one thing the two cities can agree upon; Using the best efforts of both to defend the entrance to the Inner Sea. The gate is a technological feat in its own right. Raising and lowering as needed. Folding in and out like a very big accordion to allow even the largest vessels through the channel. The magic comes in with protections. Allowing iron and steel to be in the saltwater for much longer than naturally thought possible. Joint maintenance is almost non-existent with the protections afforded by the dweomers. There are enhancements as well the magic at times will allow the gate to be operated much, much faster than normally allowed by physics. This is typically only employed in times of need, as the added stress does not do the physical structure any favours.

==============================
This campaign will take place in a time of great struggle for the most eastern region of near the city of Katha. That region has been set upon by a host of evil dragons, and there are heroes there taking care of that problem. But when there is trouble in one area, the rats are always the first ones to abandon ship. This is reaching over even as far as the port cities.

Insert our group here. The bustling cities of Cladmont and Shagos, everyone is here for their own reasons, but all will seem to find a common goal in a fairly short time. This world is a world of all races mixing in an almost racism free environment.
Attachments
fullmap.jpg
fullmap.jpg (188.31 KiB) Viewed 12715 times
7cities.JPG
7cities.JPG (171.32 KiB) Viewed 12715 times
Seawall.JPG
Seawall.JPG (123.15 KiB) Viewed 12715 times
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sounds really interesting.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

"This world is a world of all races mixing in an almost racism free environment"

Except the Aarakocra
Damn fliers
The ground to good for you?!
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Yes, we do hate some Aarakocra.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

It's fine.
I'm thinking of half-elf. That ok?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

All races are good.

In our game with our kids, SqL's kid is a Tabaxi.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

What method for generating Ability Scores?

(And, as a thought, perhaps all this should be moved to your own thread?)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I'll make you a board for this tomorrow. :D
Have fun.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thanks Jen!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I can make it right now. I just need to know the following:

Title of the game.

A short description of it (couple of sentences will do).

Who should be given access to post there.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Title: Cladmont & Shagos

Description: Two cities fates intertwined, yet paths divergent. Join the race of Technology and Sorcery, finding the best blend of each. With destruction in the west, what trouble is headed out to the coast?

Permissions: So far, SquirrelLord, counterkid, and Chris.

Will I be able to create my own subforums, and apply permissions to those?