Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Post by Jenara »

Mira moves to the entrance, turning her head to the two Gypsies. "Perhaps we should get the things we left on the horses? I need a few things if we are resting here. Cross? Is anything out there?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Shine in to the side of the glass, to make some shadow?

Just trying, to add some flavour, not trying to improve my roll.

===================================================
"One moment."

"Are there any more creatures near us?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nothing moves here but the other ravens now. All of the bones are scattered about and not moving... strange that they move. Bones should not move... No other two legs.

Cross makes an accounting, although it is obvious that a few people have already started storing away portions of the find.

Pyros copies the document to his satisfaction, convinced he has an accurate copy.

Artanis keeps his swords out, cleaning the blood from them. I'll go with you. he says to Mira.

====
Adrestia and Pytor will retrieve things from their saddles as well, Artanis will go along for protection.

The remaining treasure Cross counts comes to:

an onyx statuette of a raven
50 pp,
370 gp,
50 ep,
130 sp,
250 cp,

Missing items seen briefly by at least one other party member:
a dozen? egg shaped bloodstones
a pair? of clear crystals
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Cross. You might want to add sixty gold to that list." Mira carefully places the coins she took in a pile, "I thought we were leaving." And on that note she leaves the small.room, crossbow ready in case more of those creatures appeared.

"I don't like this. Adrestia, what else can you tell me about these things? I've never heard of anything like this, but then I'd beb tbsren a Were thing until I came here. They simply don't exist in my world as far as I know." She talks as she climbs down the steps once more, surveying the skeletons for any decent weapons, or perhaps a shield.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Artanis leads the way, using the Kender's rope to make their way down easier. The ranger gathers the horses and finds a hidden alcove in the same area as the ziggurat (just Northwest) to conceal the mounts. While he and Pytor keep watch and care for the horses, Adrestia and Mira speak of the enemy...

They were once men... someone or something changes them... creates them. I do not know who or what... They live, but they have little will of their own except to be cruel. They revel in the slaughter. They are crafty, and can be very stealthy when they need to but they fight like savage... well.. you saw a little... They hardly need to eat or drink, they don't sleep, and i have made it my life's mission to find their source and end it... no matter the cost.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry examines the things she's picked up; after which they can be added to the list of stuff.

Jerry checks with Merrick, "How you doing? Any wounds? Know anything about those vicious things?" If he's damaged, she helps him (CLW). If he doesn't need that help, having touched base with him, Jerry looks round to assess which person seems the most poorly and gives that person her last healing spell. (The CLW)

======
Just back from travels.
@Tristan - Did I miss you telling me how much sling ammo, if any, Jerry was able to recover?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Taking up her heavy pack including her armor Mira tries to understand the description the other woman had given her, "For a moment I thought they were like the Dragonmen who were causing so many problems in my home, only these seem to know pain. They have a purpose, those things just seemed to want to kill us, I was trying to hold my Magic but, they were going to kill us if I didn't." She had no stories of these things, no knowledge.

"Well, it explains why you are so.. intense." Chuckling despite everything Mira claps a hand over the Warriors back, "I'll help where I can. Can you make sure I'm covered?" Turning her back for a moment she adjusts her bodice and then turns back. "Thanks, not something I wanted to do in front of the others." With her pack ready she prepares to head back.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Inside] Adran, Cross, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick, Pyros
Those things? the half elf mage responds with a shiver. I've never heard of anything like them before... grotesque aren't they?

Jerry looks around but no one in the room at the moment seems terribly injured. However, she recalls that both Adrestia and Pytor were very badly injured

[Outside] Adrestia, Art, Mira, Pytor
A dark-haired woman gives her a grim smile at first which softens after the joke and adjustment

====
Yes Chris Jerry finds her sling stones. I don't think anyone else fired any Pyros was stopped before he started slinging gems :lol:

pyros is down 3 hp,
pytor is down 13
adrestia is down at least 15
elsa only has a minor injury
Nobody else is hurt

Kind of examination is Jerry doing on the stones picked up?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros proud of his newly crafted document holds it up. Then puts it away in the scroll case.
"They were pretty different. They seemed to want to really get to know me. They seemed to have no regard for their own well being."

===============================================

"The bones move?"

"Yes, they were worry-some."

Distracting himself he looks to the wealth.

an onyx statuette of a raven
50 pp,
430 gp,
50 ep,
130 sp,
250 cp,

What gets added to the pile from Jerry?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Tucking away retreived sling ammo Jerry the sets about examining the stuff she picked up, looking for anything she recognises from her History, Religious and Arcane studies. For the stuff she thinks is mundane she'll try to estimate its worth (market value)..

She happily shares what she knows about the stuff. "Good to collect valuable stuff. I'm going to be needing a new spellbook sometime soon."

======
Ancient History (18), Observation (19), Religion (14), Spellcraft (17)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Come, you two need rest and some healing." Wrapping her arms around the pair she walks back to the base of the tower,, pausing at the base she grins. "Damn this is all just too weird."

When she returns to the room Mira sits cross-legged on her bedroll, examining the stones one by one. "Jerry, do you want to pass me what you squirreled away? My master always said it was a good idea to know what things people might give you are worth. And I learnt a little from somewhere else." She gives Elsa a wink and pats the space beside her on the bedroll.

(How many appraising checks would she need or would you like to roll them?)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Elsa shakes her head incredulously at the Kender's comments... apparently no other response possible...

The bones move no longer, you and your... flock... have stilled them. They lie in heaps now, like unmade nests.

Jerry examines the gems and the small clear coin-sized flat crystals, but can't determine anything definitive. She does notice during the course of the examination that the pair of clear stones are apparently perfectly symmetrical across every axis, and utterly identical to each other.

Mira returns with the gypsy folk. Artanis is keeping watch above for now. Adrestia informs the others. As soon as the others return, Elsa approaches her. You're still pretty torn up... here. With a small prayer, the halfling lays a hand on the dusky-hued fighter's arm. The spell closes up roughly half of the taller woman's injuries.

Mira lays out a makeshift bedroll and examines some of the bloodstones and other gems...
Hey, Elsa says conversationally, those are a lot like the others from that farmhouse. I wonder if the same shopkeep in Skald would be interested in them.

===
Jen, let me get 2 separate Bardic Knowledge checks :D

Elsa casts Cure Light Wounds on Adrestia
[1d8] = 7!
Adrestia is upgraded to Hurt from hurt badly
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

1. A little bit of everything [1d100] = 20 (25%) pass
2. A little bit of everything [1d100] = 66 (25%) fail.

"You and I had the same idea. Gems easier to carry but harder to spend." She taps her bodice for a moment, hoping the Cleric would get the inference. "So do you think these things are dead but not dead?"

She tries to recall if she has heard any stories of such creatures. A little bit of everything [1d100] = 38 (25%) fail.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Mira examines the stones closely, but the red gems seem difficult to dial in value wise... likely less valuable than the other bloodstones she had seen, but still worth some coin.

Turning her attention to the clear gems, she picks up the pair and turns them. Holding them she realizes they are virtually identical, and something seems odd about the size. An old story about an explorer and his gem-spectacles comes back to her as she noticed they are exactly the size of spectacle lenses she had seen... The tale tells of a man who used the lenses to see far-off so he could avoid hazards while adventuring; like having the Eyes of the Eagle. She also recalls that the tales warn of not using them as a pair, as truing to see through only a single lense would cause great disorientation that is very difficult to be rid of

Merrick inspects the red gems and the statue. Serath taught me a little about this, though i'm not terribly good at it... The half-elf mage takes a close look at the stones with the aid of some light and magnifying cantrips. We could probably get about 100 gold for each of these bloodstones, and... hmmm... I have no idea about the statue... I'm afraid I have no eye for art. he finishes sheepishly.

-===

Mira identifies the magic item Eyes of the Eagle!

Merrick appraisal
red gems [1d20] = 2, pass!
black statue [1d20] = 20, fail!
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Oh yes, those bones. There was evil magic on them. We defeated that as well."

"Merrick, I insist you take my share of this to pay for the scroll you helped me buy. Also maybe access to that amazing spell with the missiles. It seems to be much safer to use than my fire spell."

=========================================

Pyros will grab the statue and start to fly it around the room. Inspecting the room at the same time.(Wouldn't want to look to serious.)

"What do we have for supper?" Pyros settling in will dump his pouches looking for something to add to a tasty ration filled meal.(HAHHAA! It's been awhile hope you have your spreadsheet still!)