Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Post by Jenara »

"Well I'm glad someone has an idea!" Mira announces as she places the Gems back in her pouch, "Still, quite a lot easier to carry than the coins, lets see what our friend in Skald wants for them, there is quite a few hundred gold here." Placing the 'eyes' in her palm once more a thought crosses her pretty features.

"Hmmm, let me check something." Rising from the floor she steps outside and places each of the gems to her eyes scanning the canyon in a circular pattern.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

After dumping his pouches and searching for edibles.

Pyros goes about making even stacks of coins.

He will keep the items out while everyone settles in, he is pretty proud of his "stuff".

He will make sure the mice he was housing will have food as well, if they are still around.

"So clinky. I love that sound."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Is Jerry healing Pytor?]
[Nocturno, i can't seem to find how much Merrick borrowed... and yes, i DO have the kender spreadsheet :D ]

Pyros promptly dumps out all of his stuff into the floor, piles upon piles of nicknacks and oddities.

Mira ascends to where Artanis is keeping watch. Placing the gems over her eyes, the features of the landscape leap towards her as if she were much closer! She can see much farther than before. Hmm... what are those? the ranger asks curiously.

[things at 100 feet look like they are 10 feet away. Basically remove 90 feet from any distance for observation purposes, so 150 feet looks like 60]

====
[Kender pockets dump! items with === are new
If you notice anything i forgot to remove from before, let me know

=== small bundle of dried apricots
piece of charcoal,
map of hometown,
3' leather shoestring (Br),
little white mouse,
2 marbles (one green/white one blue/purple),
small beeswax candle,
lady's handkerchief,
brass bell (tiny),
ball of paraffin wax the size of a sling-stone,
steel fork (worn condition),
5' silk rope,
3' leather shoestring (Blk),
tangled knot of colored string,
scrap of blue silk 1" sq,
deck of playing cards,
small metal mirror (2x3”),
2 snake fangs (no poison),
raven's feather (Lg),
deck of tarot cards,
===hard clump of red clay
acorns (4x),
manacles (hands only) w/o key in poor condition,
seashells (2x),
cup from the tower where he met Elsa,
jewler's eye-glass (poorly made),
1 sling stone (Stripey red),
empty inkpot w/o stopper,
eagle feather (bent),
tin whistle,
===tuft of tawny animal fur
rolled up piece of paper (fine quality),
blue-jay feather,
ball of red string (20'),
map of Haven,
plain salt shaker (empty),
half-full inkpot w/stopper,
=== a set of weathered iron manacles
3' long strip of linen (2" wide, rolled),
piece of broken vase from Harmonic Hall
black sparkly marbles (4x),
curly red wig,
pair of suspenders (green canvas),
lady's left slipper (blue, silk),
Fish tail
empty clay vial,
cheap costume jewelry,
3 links of iron chain (3" total),
tiny 4oz hammer head,
rusty spurs,
black mouse,
parafin candle (sm),
5 iron nails (1.5" long),
fishing line 6' (strong waxed string),
red grease pen,
dog back tooth,
small piece of coal
bar of lye soap,
chunk of oak bark (2"x1"),
4" piece of brass wire,
gaming darts (4: 2 red, 1 blue, 1 blk),
fish-hooks (3x),
1 lb of venison jerky from Jackques pantry
3 beads from a priest's rosary,
6-sided bone dice (2x),
piece of cheap parchment,
piece of flint rock,
===dusty old finger bone
flask of oil,
dead worm
yo-yo with broken string
glass stopper
===small handfull of mushrooms
hermit crab shell,
rusty spurs,
pretty sling bullet,
belaying pin,
another piece of charcoal,
tin signet ring (fox head),
small gardening spade,
map of area (Harmonia to Skald and a little more),
cup (cracked, doesn’t match saucer),
woven leather bracelet,
tiny lock with cut clasp),
green sealing wax (1/2 lb),
lead sling bullet,
unidentified bottle w/funky liquid, healing potion id'd by Elsa
whetstone.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sure
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Try them, both of them." removing the gems from her eyes she hands them to the Ranger, "Thanks for keeping watch, you should probably keep hold of these, they will make that job easier." She pats his arm. "I hate this place, and yet.. I love it at the same time. There is so much Death here, so many horrible things, and yet there are people like you all, like Sabrine. People make it worthwhile." Falling silent she waits for him to try the Gems.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Hooohoooo look at this!" He picks out the 1 lb of venison jerky from Jackques pantry and puts it on the table by the glass and letter.

"That'll make dinner more satisfying!"

He grabs a couple pieces and sets to making even piles of each type of coin, all the while mentally sorting his piles o'stuff.

===================================
Oh, I bet Fenrir would like some of that, you lent me quite a sum of gold too Pyros you should take your share." Cross will grab a piece for himself, and then for Fenrir.

He will move to go up the stairs.

=====================================
So cross has 51gp, + 13.3 (from 133 silver)
Pyros has 36 gp +4.7 (from 47 silver)
that comes to 100 gp,
Merrick will loan Cross 10 gp ;)

Pyros will not think to ask for the gold to be repaid. I'm thinking Cross though would have memorized how much each of the characters gave him.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry heals Pytor. Microscopically.
She shrugs over the valuables, trusting that she'll eventaully get enough to be able to afford a new spellbook.

======
Jerry Heals Pytor [1d8] = 1 Unseen Servant is totally sucking.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

"Do not fret, Lady Jerry... Your goddess understands that I am not worth healing. Tis this land. It's like having a rot from within." Pytor speaks. "Seldom do I feel replenished from either food or sleep since the night that I arrived. Drink dulls the disquiet but never banishes it. I fear that it will soon consume me unless one of these beast does first."
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Pytor, let's nip that one in the bud, please," answers Jerry with a frown. "You are worth healing. Definitely so, and don't you doubt that! It's just this place! Whereever this place actually is."
She smiles her best reassuring smile, "Mystra tells me that we shall overcome the obstacles of this place if we push on with all due care. But for now we need some rest."

Jerry seeks out Merrick, looks him in the eyes for a few moments and before nestling in close to him..
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Adrestia, Mira and Pytor return, bundles over their shoulders from the horses and having left Artanis at watch above.

Pyros makes neat piles of all the coinage, sorting it out for everyone. Cross collects his and moves to the violet-eyed half-elf nearby Hmm... i need to exchange some of this... my coin pouch is getting bulky... Merrick says as he collects the 10 gold owed him by Cross. He looks a little sheepish when Cross asks about the other spell. Um... maybe... I'll have to think on it... A spellbook is quite a private thing... I'm sure you understand...

When the Kender begins setting the food out, Adrestia adds a bundle to the table as well. We picked up rations in Skald and at the old farm as well. With what you have beside it, there should be plenty for everyone. She says, smiling down at the rogue. Seeing her brother still badly injured after Jerry's healing, she moves to the stairs and outside.

A few moments later Artanis comes down. He picks up a few pieces of food for himself to continue watch. You still look a bit the worse for wear... here... Speaking quietly, he lays a hand on the other man's shoulder. The golden light of healing faintly wears away one of the smaller cuts. Tsk... It's this place... not just the country, but this damn canyon... Nothing grows here... there isn't even lichen on the blasted canyon walls. He shakes his head. She seems so far away here... he mutters almost idly. With a comforting pat, he moves back up the stairs to return to his watch.

[Mira and Jerry both have the magic missile spell as well.]
[Does anyone have anything in particular they want to do before bed?]
====
Well, with 10 characters the loot splits pretty nicely, lol
The onyx statue and blood stones will have to be sold before their value can be divided up

5 pp, 37 gp, 5 ep, 13 sp, 25 cp each!

Cross gives Merrick [10 gp] that he borrowed

Jerry casts cure light wounds on Pytor for [1d8] = 1 hp

Artanis CLW
Artanis CLW [1d8] = 1
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry smiles gratefull for the money and again for the food, checking that Merrick has foodstuff also. Sitting next to Merrick while they eat Jerry asks, "How're you holding up in all this?" and as an afterthought, "If you've got a spare Armour spell, mine's about worn out."
She then settles down with him for some 'us-time'.

After some time with her other half Jerry moves round the group tending any wounds as best she can (and if allowed). She checks and continues the care when she's awake, but trying not to awaken any she tends.

======
Not sure of the details but Jerry [having Healing & Herbalism NWP] is trying toi improve/facilitate the group's natural healing rates.

OOC: Did we establish that the onyx statue is mundane and withpout hidden compantments?
Cross might hae picked up that Jerry's religion, (Mystra, Faerunian Goddess of Magic) encourages the spread and sharing of "The Arts".
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

After taking the meat to Fenrir Cross will return. "I understand so. You have a few spells that seem very valuable. I could offer more of this treasure if you open the book. Or I can offer a trade."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When Cross comes over Jerry gives Merrick's arm a squeeze, "Back in a minute," and stands up, reaches into her pack and says to Cross, "Here, knock yourself out. If you've got something you want to push my way later then fantastic. Money isn't really my thing other than it let's me get another spellbook. But I guess you get that." She passes him her spellbook.

Pleased to be spreading the Art, the priestess still wants to keep an eye on her book, but manages to relax back with Merrick. She whispers, "I need to relax more.. any ideas on that?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Ah fair lady. Once I am done, you can see if anything I have catches your eye."

Cross will try to copy Magic Missile, and armour if she has it.

============================================
Pyros will start flipping his stack of coins around, seeing how many he can juggle.

Once everyone is ready for bed he will put this pouches away.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Act 2 Scehne 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thr

Post by Chris1234 »

======
Jerry has MM & Armour