Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Post by TristenC »

Mira takes up one of the jars and shakes it gingerly to produce a sound like the scraping of small pieces of metal on clay; almost as if the jar had dozens of coins inside...

Jerry walks around the table as much as she can [it is against the wall on one side] and begins a circuit of the room, but nothing jumps out at her right away.

Fenrir flutters his wings again, nearly ready to take flight but settles. Cage of earth with no sky-fire... why do you always trap yourself... One cannot fly from here. This is how a flock dies.

Pyros rushes over and begins to check the jars for traps. [He takes about 5 minutes and deems the first 3 safe]

Elsa shrugs at the question about the creatures. I mean, they were green-ish tan, but they were pretty far away. I think they were a lot bigger than goblins anyway... and their heads were kind of big... almost bloated looking. They moved strange, but it wasn't like the shambling undead kind of thing...

What?! What did you say? Adrestia almost barks; a look of smoldering intensity on her face. She hustles over to the halfing in an almost aggressive manner, weapon tight in her hands. Elsa almost takes a half-step back from the severity of the woman's response, but meets her gaze. Green skin, bigger than goblins, bloated heads.

The dusky hued fighter's face goes flat aside from a scowl, though not directed at the cleric. Goblyns... Turning in Pytor's direction she speaks quietly, Those responsible for... our separation. Looking back to the others she continues, The rumors were right... they are here. she all but growls.

====
Is Jerry doing a full search for secret doors? Walking by without touching and doing an in depth search will only reveal Concealed doors. A full search of poking and prodding at a rate of 10 mins for 20 ft is needed for secret doors usually. I'll cut the time in half for the plain, featureless nature of the interior, so the 5 minutes would cover one full wall (stair side, table side, jar side or blank side)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

What about being able to silently read the parchment? That was first..
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[oop! overlooked that with all the other. The script is no language shr knows and not magical in nature]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Full search, starting with area that the table rests against.
======
(Observation 19 may help).

Thx for clarifying on languages.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I've never heard of Gobylns." Mira responds, "And I think there are coins in those jars, why...? Is this some sort of shrine?" She turns her attention to the writing, attempting to read the words where she can.

Read Languages [1d100] = 9
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will closely study the jugs.

===================
"At times we enter these buildings to find treasures, or important things. Can you fly above and see if others are coming?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Adrestia has a quiet but urgent conversation with Artanis near the base of the stairs.

Jerry continues searching the walls, covering all except the stair and finding no hidden passage.

Pyros vets the remainder of the earthen jars, and deems them free of traps. [Is he opening any of them?]

Mira puzzles over the document, some of the words resembling ancient bits from tales as old as recorded time. Carefully she teases out some meaning to the text...

I wanted beauty. I wanted men. I wanted _____. I ______ ____ the mists, ____ __
young priestess __ __ weak god. ___ the mists ______ back. ____ promised ___ the
beauty ___ ___ lady __ the land. ___ promised ___ the ____ devotion __ ___ ____.
___ spoke __ the power __ ___ wonders. I listened, I ____ . . . ___ I refused,
____ never __ ____ with the mists.
Then, ___ __ the mists ___ __ great raven. ___ __ head __ __ three-gemmed crown.
__ __ __, __ wings stirred the mists, __ ___ ______ once again, "___ the crown
__ _____ queen, never __ __ touched by death". ____, ____ with ___ beauty,
___ __ adore __, power __ wield, Ah! . . . __ I accepted.

And it comes to Mira that the pock marks on the page seem to have been left by drops of water... or... tears?

We should have stayed above where we can fly... Fenrir flutters nervously. I will be the sky eyes. Fenrir says, as he begins to hop and flit up towards the surface again.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"These are good!" Popping one open he will poor the contents onto the table where the paper is.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Kender wanders over to the table on the far side of the room. Using his dagger he pries the wooden cap out of the spout and dumps the vessel over...

A finely carved onyx statue of a raven tumbles out onto the table and strikes the glass pane covering the document. The pane chips slightly but doesn't crack. The small statue stands but a palm width high.

===
That glass pane made a 20 on its saving throw :lol:
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Assuming she sees it, does the staue hold any significance or resonance with Jerry?
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[it does not, merely appears to be an art object]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I've seen some of these words in a book about Huma, some fanciful tale about Knights and Dragons.. 'I am a knight of Solamnia. I am the hand of Paladine, of Kiri-Jolith and of Habbakuk on this world. You are on Krynn. You are mine, Queen of Darkness.' Is one qoute I recall, imgine, a Knight Taking on a God. " Shaking her head she resumes reading, "It mentions a three jewed crown, a Raven, its wings stired by the mists, lots of mentions of the mists, 'never.. something, something, Touched by death' Thats either really good or really bad." She ponders the words for a moment.

"Someone was brought here just like we were, thats obvious, she wanted power to get the things she wanted, the mists brought her, she met a Raven, this Crown was offered to her, it gave her power the wings stired the mists, could it be the Raven sent her home? No, why else would this be here? This was a tribute to this Raven, the coins, that. Pyros!" She barks as the glass nearly shatters. "Someone cried over this, they left this note as a reminder. If only I knew all the words. Merrick, I don't suppose you know this language do you?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry tries uncorking a pot - the one on far right.
As she does so she points it towards the wall, 'just in case'.
Her head snaps up on hearing Mria's words," 'Never touched by death'? Sounds like undying undead."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros quickly swipes the statue and walks over to Cross.

"We should call this one Fenrir also!"

=============================
Cross will chuckle an uneasy laugh.

"No, I think not. But it is lovely. It should be known as Loki, a trickster just like the one who found it."

"Do you see anything friend?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick moves to the table as well, at the bard's behest. Hmm... no, I can't say that I do, but.... Well perhaps that spell you found to decipher the "Book of Legends" would be of use here?

Jerry hefts the jar on the far end, which feels quite light. She pries the lid off and checks inside to find a pair of clear gemstones; each about the diameter of a large coin and the thickness of her small finger. They are polished flat on the top and bottom and clear as cool spring water.

Cross reaches out through the bond to his familiar... at first the emotion is steady, relieved even; perhaps as Fenrir moves closer to the open air. An air of alertness, anticipation wreathe the bundle of consciousness that was the Raven... Empty canyon... bones of the fallen still strewn... wait... a spike of surprise and terror streaks through Fenrir, and a frantic sense of effort as if the avian were trying desperately to flee! Fly! FLY! FLY AWAY!!!!