Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 3: “To 'Where the Old Bones Lie'” (Game Thre

Post by Jenara »

Making a little 'Nest' Mira lays her head on a rolled up pack and sits quietly, reading her own spellbook, something she doubted many of them would understand, the symbols were replaced with music, each song spelling out the magic those stuffy old mages never understood.

"I can never go home." She gasps in realization, her magic had surpassed the level considered safe, they would hunt her down. "I'm loosing space myself, but I have a little left, my magic is gained slowly." And with that she returns to the spellbook, reading the languages spell over and over.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Finding a spot to stretch out, Pytor silently fumbles with his pack and bedroll. The dull cold ache of his wounds flowed through his mind as much as his body. Retrieving the battered violin and bow from his pack, he examines the instrument intently but makes no attempt to play it.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As Pyros begins picking up his piles, Elsa moves over and helps where she can. You really do love your trinkets dont you? she muses, petting the little white mouse as she feeds it a snack. These guys are cute. You never told me, do they have names?

Merrick gives cross an odd look at his comment. Wha... it isn't about money. Spellbooks are... personal... he mutters self-consciously. He averts his eyes when Jerry turns over her own spellbook the the elf in an awkward manner. When the Mystaran turns to him, he shrugs. I don't have the armor spell memorized right now, but i can prepare it for the morning. I'm.. ok i guess... It has been a wild few days... The attack on the farm... the hike through the woods with those... creatures after us... and now this canyon with its own... hazards.... he trails off, trying not to stare at the pile of bodies in the corner that had only recently tried to tear them all apart. This whole week is so far out of the norm... i don't really know what to think about it all...

===
[Nocturno, let me get a "Learn Spell" roll for Cross, if you please

What kind of watch does the party want to set up? Artanis is above now with the Eyes of the Eagle to help keep watch.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry tries to comfort Merrick as they settle down, "That's just the way it is. It'll be all right, long as we stick together! Now, rest."
She holds him 'til he falls asleep.

======
Need the sleep for spells both arcane and divine, so last watch, please.

Chris1234 wrote:...After some time with her other half Jerry moves round the group tending any wounds as best she can (and if allowed). She checks and continues the care when she's awake, but trying not to awaken any she tends.
======
Not sure of the details but Jerry [having Healing & Herbalism NWP] is trying toi improve/facilitate the group's natural healing rates.

OOC: Did we establish that the onyx statue is mundane and withpout hidden compantments?
Cross might hae picked up that Jerry's religion, (Mystra, Faerunian Goddess of Magic) encourages the spread and sharing of "The Arts".
Sorry if I missed it, but is the healing thing helpful here?
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I will help the first watch."
Spell Learning: [1d100] = 60

Cross looks up from his study, "I can see what you mean about it being personal, but from where I was raised it was trade or be taken advantage of."

"Help the one outside keep watch friend. Find a safe perch for the night."

========//=========
"They seem to find me, but others say I find them. I had not named them yet. Just trying to give them a good mobile home."

"Sadly being hunted, and warding off weird things is not that odd for where we come from." Pyros points to Mira, Cross and Himself.

"There always seems to be some war bigger than me. Dragons, knights, Magicians of world bending power!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'll take second watch, Taking over from Art." Mira interjects into the conversation. "Wars are always bigger than us. And when I 'left' a big one was coming for sure."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

"I will take the third watch." Pytor replies somewhat unenthusiastically from his resting spot.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Elsa Grins, toseling Pyros' hair briefly. I'm sure you come up with good names for them. She moves to her own bedroll to settle in, I'll watch with you, she says to the bard, someone has to be able to see in the dark. she giggles.

At first the symbols move about the page as Cross examines the volume. Slowly the characters settle atop, behind and beside each other to resolve in intricate formulas and concise notes neatly arranged in the spellbook. Even untangled and neatly scribed, the spell still poses a challenge. The white-haired elf studies diligently, pacing his way through each stage until he truly understands it before piecing it with the next. Before much longer, it all makes a certain sense to him, and he is able to copy it down in his own notations...

Adrestia volunteers for the third watch as well.

====
Might take a bit for me to get the xp together for the chapter end. If anyone else wants to do some inter-party RP in the meantime, the private threads will be best

Cross Memorizes Magic Missile!
can i get a 1d6 roll for pages used pls ^_^

So
1st watch: Cross, and Artanis
2nd Watch: Mira, Elsa and Adrestia
3rd Watch: Pytor and
Chris1234 wrote:...After some time with her other half Jerry moves round the group tending any wounds as best she can (and if allowed). She checks and continues the care when she's awake, but trying not to awaken any she tends.
======
Not sure of the details but Jerry [having Healing & Herbalism NWP] is trying toi improve/facilitate the group's natural healing rates.

OOC: Did we establish that the onyx statue is mundane and withpout hidden compantments?
Cross might hae picked up that Jerry's religion, (Mystra, Faerunian Goddess of Magic) encourages the spread and sharing of "The Arts".

Sorry if I missed it, but is the healing thing helpful here?
Beyond the initial patching up, it really only makes a difference if they get a total day of rest. The NWP is written that periodic attention allows one to recover 1hp/day even if not resting, but I do that anyway, so no double-dipping.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will watch with Pytor, hoping to swap adventure stories.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Well, the Party finally made their way to the long anticipated Canyon... now to find the crown... long shot or no, it is the only real lead they have for getting out of this strange land of nightmares (both resting and waking in nature). The Ziggurat battle got a little messy, but then again things can get complicated quickly when large numbers are involved and part of the group scouts ahead amid the enemy numbers.

While breaking into the statue might have seemed like a cop-out, it was actually pretty much the only way to get into the structure that the party had at their disposal at the moment. It was a little bit luck that they even noticed the statue was hollow before checking, but I think you guys would have found it eventually. I'll probably try to drop off one or two of the NPCs soon, especially since we have our new member who will be making an appearance quite soon... and now... XP TIIIME!

XP and Rewards (for game day 3/6/736)
Tasks/Jobs:
Party: Investigate the area in search of the Crown of Souls/Soldiers [Begun!]
Party: Retrieve the Crown and bring it to Akriel, whose betrothed can (hopefully) discover a way to use it to send them home!
Adran: Find even more clues (potentially in Doctor Dominiani’s Library) to decipher Tannis’ manuscript
Adrastia: Find the source of her hated prey. [Begun!]
Artanis: Gather supplies for Rautant (listed) partial completion
Jerry: Somehow use the crown to lay her father to rest
Pytor: Find some way to deal with Barsali

Group Rewards:

Story xp:
Finding a way into the Raven Monument (Statue): 100 xp each
Finding a way into the Ziggurat: 250 xp ea

Combat xp:
Skeletons (65*48) = 3120/10 chars = 312 each
Goblyns (975*6) = 5850/10 chars = 585 each
(Adran, Adrastia, Artanis, Cross, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick, Mira, Pyros, Pytor)
Total: 897 xp each

1*48 +5*6 = 78 HD of creatures

Total group xp:
Story: + Combat: => 1,247 xp

Loot:
50 pp, 430 gp, 50 ep, 130 sp, 250 cp [1045.5 gp equiv = 104.55 each]
12 egg-shaped blood stones (???)
Onyx statue of a Raven (???)
Clear, coin-sized crystals (oval cut with a flat bottom) (Eyes of theEagle!)
(rogue xp for loot applies to their cut )

=====
Act 2, Scene 3: "To Where the Old Bones Lie"

Individual XP:
Adran [ThaWizKid] Male Elven Mage (3) Militant Wizard Kit
[Current 7,373 xp]
Group Reward: 1,247 xp
Magic Missile: 100 xp (Goblyns, 2x)
Subtotal: 1,347 (+10% for high Int) = 1,482
Total: 8,855 xp (10,000 TNL)

Artanis [Kerap] Male Half-Elven Ranger/Druid (3/3)
[Current 6,701/5,661 xp]
“Skilled Hunter”: 2,340 xp (Ranger Only)(10 xp per lvl per HD creatures defeated [10*Ftr lvl 3*78 hd])
CLW: 200 xp (Druid Only)(on Adrestia, on Pytor)
Breakdown: General 1,247 = (624/623) + (2,340/200) => 2,964/823
Total: 9,665/6,484 xp (9,000/7,500 TNL)

Ranger LVL 4!!!
Hps +(1d10)/2
Thac0 improves to 17
+5% HS, +6% MS

Cross [Rivi] Male Elf Mage (4)
[Current 10,002 xp]
Invisibility: 100 xp (on pyros )
Burning Hands: 100 xp (on goblyns 2x)
“Fine Feathered Friend” 60 xp (reassuring Fenrir, scouting with Fenrir on approach, at Ziggurat, battles, watch)
Misc RP: 70 xp (w/pyros tiny devil, w/others, w/Gar, paying his debt at the first opportunity)
Subtotal: 1,567 xp (+10% for high Int) = 1,724
Total: 11,726 xp (20,000 TNL)

Jerry [Chris1234] Female Half-Elf Cleric/Mage(Dweomerkeeper) (3/3) Undead Slayer kit
[Current 6,244/5,388 xp]
Idea: 100 xp (scratch/carving target and message on statue to communicate with the group below)
CLW: 100 xp (Cleric Only)(on Pytor)
CMW: 200 xp (Cleric Only)(on Pytor)
Detect Magic: 100 xp (kit related)(on ziggurat)
Echoes: 100 xp (Mage only)(On Skeleton)
Magic Missile: 100 xp (Mage only)(skeletons 2x)
Regenerate Light Wounds: 200 xp (Cleric only)(self and Merrick)
Cantrips: 15 xp (Mage Only) xp (/ea: cleaning, tidying, perfume )
Cantrip Chantry: 15 xp (little flavor)
Misc Rp: 80 xp (nightmares, w/Merrick, banter, w/ Pytor, music appreciation, undead obsession, other)
“Girl talk": 20 xp (with mira )
“The other half (elf)”: 50 xp (w/merrick checking his teeth, checking on him occasionally esp after talks w.Pytor, 'us time')
Breakdown: General 1,612 = (806/806) + (500/215) => (1,306/1,021)
Subtotal: 1,306/1,021 (+10% for high Int ) = 1,306/1,123
Total: 7,550/6,511 xp (7,500/10,000 TNL)

Cleric LVL 4!!!
Hps +(1d8)/2
+1 WP
Saving Throw Improvement (PPDM, PetPoly)
+1 first level Priest spell slot!
+1 second level Priest spell slot!
Base Thac0 improves to 18!
Ability to Turn Undead improves!!!

Mira [Jenara] Female Human Bard (5)
[Current 13,762 xp]
“Lover And a Fighter”: 1,950 xp (5 xp per lvl per HD creatures defeated [5*Bard lvl 5* 78 hd]
"Girl talk": 30 xp (w/Elsa about Pytor, about trust, )
“All that Glitters…” 105 xp (Bard 1xp/gp: 104.5 gp equiv for her share of coins)
Read Languages: 100 xp (on manuscript)
Magic Missile: 50 xp (Goblyns)
Mage Armor: 50 xp (self)
Invisibility: 100 xp (on Jerry)
Bardic Ability: 300 xp (150 ea, Inspiration At Ziggurat, Bit of Everything identifying Eyes of the Eagle)
Cantrips: 5 xp (5/ea; clean mist in morning)
Cantrip Chantry: 5 xp (little flavor)
Misc Rp: 100 xp (w/ elsa, dreams, lots of flirtations, banter, internal musings, challenging Pytor about 'tuning')
“Music in my Soul”: 70 xp (thinking of counterspell vs singing wolf creatures, bardic inspiration verses, songs)
Subtotal: 4,112 xp
Total: 17,874 (20,000 TNL)

Pyros [Nocturno] Male Kender “Handler”[Theif] (5)
[Current 13,292 xp]
Idea: 100 xp (cant find a door? Just break into the statue)
“All that Glitters…” 209 xp (Rogue 2xp/gp: 104.5 gp equiv for her share of coins)
Sneaky Sneaky: 400 xp (move silent at Ziggurat)
Climbey-climbey: 400 xp (climbing to get the rope/ group up the ziggurat)
Trappy-trappy: 400 xp (room and treasure trap checkings)
Kender-boy, awaaaaay!: 100 xp (coffee!!?!, no punctuation, following pytor, fidgety, tiny devil, invis scout, pocketses)
Misc Rp: 70 xp (w/Pytor in the morning, reflections on wolves, invis hide and seek, wannabe gem-chucker! other)
“Helping Hands” 40 xp (copy the note, assisting at various, going first a lot)
Subtotal: 2,966 (+10% for Dex) = 3,263 xp
Total: 16,555 xp (20,000 TNL)

Pytor Fulchur [Mltillis] Male Half-Vistani Fighter (Equaar) (3)
[Current 10,407 xp]
Misc RP: 80 xp ('noticing' Mira, dream reactions, w/Pyros in the morning, about dragons, shock at gold club misuse, other)
True Warrior: 50 xp (tactics about wolves, goblyns, group march, invigorated by battle, protective)
Combat xp: 2,340 xp (10 xp per lvl per HD creatures defeated [10*Ftr lvl 3*78 hd])
“Ladies’ Man”: 70 xp ('would not tempt the gentlewomen..”, constant flirtings, hand holding/kissing, banter)
“The Struggle Within”: 30 xp (fighting cravings, w/mira about gypsy madness )
Equaar: 20 xp (tending to Satâr de Ceaţă first in the morning, )
Subtotal: 3,873 (+10% for high Str) = 4,221
Total: 14,678 xp (16,000 TNL)