Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno and Elden will do what needs to be done to setup camp.

Once camp is set, Nocturno will start rest asap.

Elden will pace around camp making sure he sees what there is to see, and so he will know if something changes.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group sets up camp beyond the treeline to the south, and out of view of the cave entrance. I can tske first watch. Indendien volunteers, preparing to climb one of the nearby trees for a vantge of the caverb entrance

===
[the cave cannot be seen from the forest at ground level, but the flat ground between the forest and slope can. The cave can be seen from about 20' up in a tree in the light forested area though.

Indendien can watch 4 hours, Dellinanth 4. Did anyone else want to keep a watch and what time?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar offers, "I can help with second Watch." He lets it go unsaid that he intends Reverie for the first four hours.

He will seek somewhere suitably shadowy, secrete himself therein (HS) and take to Reverie. (If the only suitable place is up a tree then he will use a rope to secure himself in place with a releasable knot.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I'll keep watch down here for the first part of the night."

===============
[Ooc - Out of practice on 2e elf boy should only need 4 hrs also?]

"I can help 2nd watch as well, as long as I can get the rest needed for my prayers."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek pipes up. "Unfortunately I need the rest for my prayers. I will not be able to help out with the watch." He will find himself a small, unobtrusive space in which to tuck himself and Chitt away for the resting period.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I will take a watch." Katten announces, "You take middle." She suggests to Nocturno, "It darker then, need your eyes."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Agreed" Nocturno will settle in for rest.

Elden will learn up against a tree and periodically move around the camp.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[small Retcon]
During the group’s exit from the cave, Elden and Nocturno unhook the plowblade from the makeshift alarm-stand. Once outside, Elden carefully approaches the edge of the chasm; picking his way carefully over the unstable gravel up to the brink where the cliff face slopes much more steeply downward. With great care, he swings the heavy plowblade a few times before hurling it into the deep canyon with a grunt. The rusty metal plate sails downward, clanging once off the side as it tumbles below. The ring hangs in the air for several seconds, cast back by the far side of the rift. The martial artist hears further clanging below until the sound fades from range; seemingly only reaching the bottom beyond earshot…

[back to the present moment]
Once the camp is laid out and the prisoners set to rest, the group begins to divide up for their watches, Elden and Indendien taking the first. The afternoon light gradually dims toward evening, and the sun nestles behind the treetops by the time Nocturno and Katten’s turn comes. After the change, the sun continues to fall… Just at the onset of dusk, the Ranger and the Elven fighter spot something oddly shaped and shoadowy moving near the edge of the slope as it crests the ridge…

[wisdom checks and actions for Nocturno and Katten please ^_^ ]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Wisdom(15): [1d20] = 18
Busted.

Nocturno will glance to Katten to see if she also sees the figures.

He will whisper: "What are that?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Simple [1d20] = 16 Fail.. But She might have a thought.

"I not know, Stay back, not let it look at you." (does it bare any resemblance to the creature that turned her good friend to stone?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[it does not necessarily resemble a basilisk... but..]

The... shape moved oddly, and a little clumsily up the slope. It was difficult to discern heads or tail in the half-dark of dusk. It was longer in the body than a wolf or panther, and around 3 feet tall. it moved on 3 pairs of legs that sometimes visible sometimes strangely obscured...

====
perhaps a closer look? it is about 60 yards away to the northwest of camp, heading Westward away from the sloped area. it is outside of the range of infravision
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will approach enough to see it better if possible, but not approach enough to get it's attention.

If he or Katten can't ID it, and it looks like it will get out of sight quickly, he will wake Jordek to see if he can identify it.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten moves alongside the elf, her bow now at the ready as she watches the creature, trying to get a look at it, without it getting a look at her...

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Katten and Nocturno begin creeping towards the creature, sticking to the treeline at first. The cleric’s metal armor makes faint clinking sounds in the night, though the creature doesn’t seem to notice at this distance. It continues to move clumsily westward at a slow pace but still to far from the protection of the trees for the pair to see well.

Katten slips out of the cover of the forest, stealthily creeping up on the creature close enough to get a better look. Her silent footfalls and shadowy figure appear to betray no sign to her target. As she draws near, the figure resolves a little. 3 pairs of spindly, barefoot legs stuck out below a long furry mass. At this distance her keen Felis hearing picks up the muttering and stifled cries of goblins.

[In goblin]
ow! Me toes! Stoopid rocks.
Shht! U wanna get keelt!
But I no can see no-
Quiet! Deys still out dere mebe!

===
Nocturno probably realizes he couldn’t get close enough to see without risking being seen so I interpreted your comment to mean he would stay back in the trees at least.

Yep… 3 goblins hiding under a bearskin… stumbling their way through the dark…

red circle is lair exit
blue circle is party camp
black circle is 3 gobbos hiding under a bearskin :lmao:
Attachments
Surface Sub-C 2.png
Surface Sub-C 2.png (13.34 KiB) Viewed 14575 times
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Yeah you got that perfect, I didn't want alert it to us watching.

If Katten starts shooting, he will move up to her and add his arrows.