Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Squirrellord
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek inspects the lock on one chain and fiddles with his lock pick set for a minute Open Locks: [1d100] = 12 and moves to the second lock and tries again Open Locks: [1d100] = 83
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The gnome manages to pick open the first lock easily enough [freeing Thaddeous, the half-elf, a human woman in peasant garb, and a human man in clothing reminiscent of Bordertown], but the degraded interior of the second prevents him from overcoming the device.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Ok, everyone I have something to show you."

Elden dofts the Anvil, places the lock on it. He will stretch his arms, making fits that crack all of his knuckles.

He will start to work the iron lock on his anvil, using his fists like hammers.
==========
Minutes of working? Going to assume can't be 0.
[1d4-1] = 1-1 = 0

Once complete he will sunder the lock, allowing the prisoners to be free.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek watches Elden work with interest. Once the lock is sundered he speaks up. "I suppose we need to decide on the order of priorities... do we free the other prisoners or "deal" with the chief first?." Jordek asks the prisoners "I don't suppose any of you would want to take up any of these weapons the goblins had? For safety when you leave the caverns or perhaps vengeance..." His voice trailing off at the end.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

If this is translated, Linar will suggest, "Arm ex-prisoners anyway. For protection. I will follow chief. But need to sleep also."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Seeing the locks were broken Katten collects the weapons from the fallen creatures, handing them out as needed while translating for Linar. She was torn, she wanted to free her friend before the Goblins did something awful while at the same time she felt drained, Dran was badly wounded...
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As Elden lays the second lock on the anvil, he cracks his knuckles in tightly held fists. Laying one palm over the lock, he closes his eyes and concentrates as he was taught. Before long the lock itself glows with a strange bluish light, still attached to the prisoner’s chains. Whispering an arcane incantation his hand hardens like stone, and a trace of red light swirls around the arm.

Mercilessly he batters at the glowing lock with his fist, the ring of each impact muffled only slightly by his other hand holding the piece in place. Before long the lock is reduced to mangled scraps of iron and steel which quickly lose their luminescence. The prisoners stare at the sundered restraint in awe. A heartbeat later Thaddeous begins laughing in shock and amusement that the previously formidable device was so easily destroyed. Right tool for the job, eh? he asks Jordek with a wink.

Once the chains are dealt with, Thad moves over to the Dwarf who is still shaking in the floor. Dragging the now unlocked chain through his shackles, the gnome speaks to him in quiet, soothing words. Eventually the fellow calms from hysterical to merely frantic. Eventually he scrambles more towards the center of the chamber, as far away from the stone walls as he can get, and stares desperately towards the exit.

As the goblin weapons are passed about, Thad hands the dwarf a mace and takes a spear for himself. The half elf, tribal human and human woman also take spears while the rest of the group take up maces. When one of the others translates for Linar, the half-elf goes on in elven. Only Thad and I can speak elven here, but some of the other prisoners can too. Sorry, my name is Enlodh… he says, extending a somewhat uneasy hand to the Drow in greeting. To the group he goes on with introductions, guess you’ve met Thad, and the tribal man there is called Heteau. The other humans are from all over. These two are Alwood and Gere, he gestures to two of the human men, The lady’s name is Wene, and that is Tane beside her. he gestures to the woman and the man with the look of a Bordertowner. Umm… we’re not really sure about the dwarf… he doesn’t talk much…

Katten checks Dran’s injuries over. While he seems to have stopped bleeding it is clear he is in poor shape.

The prisoners grip their weapons awkwardly, most hugging them close to their chests or in unsure grips. Only the bordertown human and the dwarf seem to hold theirs with any proficiency.

[Each of the guards here had both mace and spear so each prisoner has one or the other. Most of them look like they would much rather flee than face the goblins and risk recapture]
===
Elden uses his innate Shape Metal ability
Elden casts Fist of Stone
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar nods silent approval at Elden's success, moving back to the shadows until it's clear someone is talking to him.

"Well met, Enlodh. I am Linar," he replies, shaking the half-elf's hand. "Elvish is my only surface tongue; my others are all of the Underdark," the dark elf continues, indicating his skin to reference his heritage. Touching his divine icon, "I follow the surface deities."

Linar relaxes somewhat, having apparently overcome the initial, usually adverse, reactions to his colouration. "Would you have any idea how long it's likely to take to get this group, if their current condition, to safety? Or how far to the goblin chief's place?"
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon May 13, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Watching Nocturno can't help but be impressed, trying not to show it of course. Perhaps there is more to this Human after all.

"We should probably get them to somewhere we know is safe. I am out of divine magic, and still hurt fairly badly as well."

========================

"I feel like 10GP in a purse that can only hold 5GP. I could smash these little snot bags all day!"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

If you can get us out of the caves alive, we can find our way home or to civilization from there. Enlodh says. The chief's place isnt far if you stick to the right path. There is a long hall to the south of where we are now that you would have passed to get here. Just follow it to an intersection and take the passage on the right. You'll pass Krak's lair, he's one of the Chief's captains. Take another right and you'll pass the chief's bodyguards. Be careful, Krak has bodyguards too, and they're tougher than the regular goblins. Chief Mixeg's lair is the next chamber straight back from there. He hesitates a little. They know you're coming... they moved us here last night but a goblin came just before you arrived to warn them, he gestures to the dead goblins nearby. If they had time to warn us, i'm certain the chief knows... He can be crafty, for a goblin.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thank you," Linar replies with a grim smile. ""We can do that much for you without, I would hope, and barring ambushes from Mixeg, any problem."
He looks around at the other adventurers, "If he already know we're coming then I suggest there's no rush. We might do better to sleep, with paired guards, and go in better resourced."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I am in no rush to jump into an ambush, especially with my divine offerings depleted for the day."
With a fairly loud sigh.
"I think we already met one of the guards, and or bodyguards, some of those goblins looked a bit beefier than the rest."
========================
"I am always ready, but I understand if the rest of the group needs a breather. Especially if you can do that amazing kick to the pants you gave me in the fight with the big group."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar replies, "If you take your pants off I can kick them if you wish. It's not a custom with which I am familiar."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

"I am no longer able to offer healing either" Jordek pipes up "I can still try to command a creature if that helps, but that is it for my divine abilities. I say a rest is in order once we get these people out, I doubt the other prisoners are in any more danger now than they were a couple hours ago."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar looks to Katten for agreement.